Welcome to PatsFans.com

I love the talking heads on ESPN......

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by Double G, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Double G

Double G In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

because they have been wrong so many times, I've lost count.

Last week after the Rays built a five game lead on the Red Sox, the ballwashers at ESPN were all over the Rays, babbling on and on about how they are built to last, they have a great group of young talent at the minor league level which will allow them to go out and make a trade or two to shore up their team.

When they started discussing if they could hold the lead, the feeling was they could, they are young but don't know any better, which will help and not hurt them. A couple said they would win the division outright, one or two others said they will be in the playoffs as a wild card team for sure.

Fast forward a week and after getting steamrolled by the Yankees and the Indians (the Indians?), the Rays five game lead is gone. Now granted, we've still got over 60 games to go, but I just have to laugh at how these clowns are such bandwagon frauds; wonder that they are saying now? It isn't even a legit pennant race yet and they already folded like a cheap suit.

Comical.

2. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I'm with you.. I saw the same show.. 'Should the Red Sox be worried???' Ah, not so much.. I wonder how much of what some of these guys say is just to get people to watch.. sort of like the old saying about 'selling newspapers'.. Tampa has a load of young talent, but it's YOUNG talent.. Other than their closer who is on the DL, I can't think of anyone with experience who can tell these guys how to handle this.. They've stopped hitting, and it sure looks like the pressure is getting to them..

3. Foley

Foley Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Percival, Dan Wheeler, Eric Hinske and Cliff Floyd have each played some amount in the postseason and on winning teams, and Maddon won a championship with the Angels in 2002. But thats about it.

I think that will definitely be their biggest hurdle, whether or not they can rebound from a poor stretch like this. All good teams go through bad stretches, so loosing 7 in a row doesn't mean that they're done and everyone expecting them to do well was wrong.

4. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ESPN sucks.

5. Double G

Double G In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

If Ortiz can come back, things look very good. This team has been hammered with injuries (Buckholtz, Beckett, DiceK, Ortiz, Lowell, Lugo, Colon all on the DL, Schilling done for the year before he really had a shot), yet they are in first place, man are they deep.

Casey has been a great signing, Moss has stepped in, glad we kept Crisp as he, Ellsbury and Drew are the best outfield in baseball (glad for JD he came around, the man got pounded last year, glad he is finally relaxed, he's got a sweet swing)...................