PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Love The Dave Thomas Pick!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone remember the Rose Bowl!!! The guy reminds me of Dallas Clark/Patrick Pass. (Weiss hated Pass but the QB loved throwin' to him). Tom is gonna love throwin' to that guy. He's dependable and has got glue for hands. He was Vince Young security blanket!!!

Besides, even greater this solidifies our 2 TE strategy. If one of our starters get hurt, Thomas can play. I'm really excited about this guy. I know he's already got a lot of haters on the board, but I think he gonna perform like Hobbs or Kaczur did last year. (I mean, do you seriously believe Graham or Watson are going to go the whole year without gettin' hurt?!)

Yeah I'm pretty impressed with this pick too. I remember watching the Rose Bowl and thinking that he good, and he should be a solid tight end for a pro team. When the Pats first drafted him I didn't know he was the same guy. People shouldn't worry about us not drafting defense today because what struck me about this draft is the projected LB value and quality in the mid to late rounds. Like BB said, no one can ignore need and take the best player available all the time. They know it necessary to get at least another LB in the draft, and they have yet to do it because they realize the depth at the position. Furthermore, Bruschi and Vrabel were both later round picks but both grew into the prototypical BB LB. Ted J was a 2nd, and Rosevelt Colvin was a fourth rounder. The only exception is Willie M who was a 1st rounder. You don't need high rated, early picked LB's for BB defense.

I agree with you.

Iam hoping they can teach him how to block or see that his blocking is good enough, and he gains more size. Since he looks like a natural athlete the extra weight wont hinder his mobility. He has been said to be very good in the redzone. Which is where it counts.

Plus they also have Chad Jackson, which I think will play the role of David Givens.

If Thomas can block, and Maroney can also block, then they just pick up more protection for Brady, while also adding more weapons to the team.

They trust in Brady to lead them, they can use Thomas on regular basis and save Dhillon for redzone, or in the future have the option to pick only RBs that are good in redzone, which will save higher picks for Defense, because they added offense to the team this year.

Supposedly, he also showed what he could do at Linebacker and RB at Texas Pro Day...talk about hunger.

Christian Fauria was a good piece of our SB seasons...this kid is that and more...so we all know most here loved Fauria with his stick-em hands...no reason they won't love Thomas. This kid is already past 250 Lbs.

He compares favorably even vs Vernon Lewis with his combine/proday numbers. He actually ran the 3 cone faster than Lewis and was just a bit slower in the 10 and the 20. In the short shuttle, he was only a few hundreths off Lewis...so for a 3rd round pick...that's some major value.

F.B.N. said:
Supposedly, he also showed what he could do at Linebacker and RB at Texas Pro Day...talk about hunger.

Christian Fauria was a good piece of our SB seasons...this kid is that and more...so we all know most here loved Fauria with his stick-em hands...no reason they won't love Thomas. This kid is already past 250 Lbs.

He compares favorably even vs Vernon Lewis with his combine/proday numbers. He actually ran the 3 cone faster than Lewis and was just a bit slower in the 10 and the 20. In the short shuttle, he was only a few hundreths off Lewis...so for a 3rd round pick...that's some major value.

I think you have your players confused. There is no Vernon Lewis. There is a Vernon Davis and there is a Marcedes Lewis.

Thomas' measurables were better than Lewis, but not as good as Davis, though his 3-cone was .07 of a second slower than Davis. Davis was also significantly stronger (33 reps) than Thomas. Davis also out-jumped Thomas by 4.5" in the vertical.

This kid is also a high character guy, that fits into the mold of our tight end corps, while it does not translate into receptions, this is the type of guy we seem to do well with and if they cannot resign Graham will be familiar with the offense next year. Would not be a BB draft if they did not draft a TE.

The ESPN draft guide had him listed at 6'2"/238/4.80 and like the 8th rated TE - other draft sites confirmed he is more like 6/3"/250/4.67-4.70, and most had him ranked no worse than the 5th TE, but beyond the numbers is what he does on the field. Our offense needed a day like yesterday.

bosfan said:
The ESPN draft guide had him listed at 6'2"/238/4.80 and like the 8th rated TE - other draft sites confirmed he is more like 6/3"/250/4.67-4.70, and most had him ranked no worse than the 5th TE, but beyond the numbers is what he does on the field. Our offense needed a day like yesterday.

I also caught the fact that several sites listed different measurables for him. While he does sound like a Pats kind of player, I would have loved to see Bing in the 3rd. He really has slipped.

well come on now man,.......

DaBruinz said:
I think you have your players confused. There is no Vernon Lewis. There is a Vernon Davis and there is a Marcedes Lewis.

Thomas' measurables were better than Lewis, but not as good as Davis, though his 3-cone was .07 of a second slower than Davis. Davis was also significantly stronger (33 reps) than Thomas. Davis also out-jumped Thomas by 4.5" in the vertical.

"Davis also out-jumped Thomas by 4.5" in the vertical"

Haven't u ever seen the movie "White men can't jump"????? ;)

I love this pic, what a good day for new weapons for Tom!

Tom Brady deserves this all..XMas for Tom. He carried us with no OL and no running game last year..led league in yards while getting us to playoffs..no we make it easier..add some speed. Max Jean Gilles really slipped aswel..he could be a good pick at #9 today.

He makes a mean burger too

I thought of Thomas as small during the draft, I think because one site listed him at 239. But ProFW and Ourlads have him at 250. In fact ProFW has him basically the identical height and weight they had Graham in their book in 2002 when he came out. If he really is the same size as Graham coming out, it's a tremendous pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back