PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Love Rodney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I just finished watching Rodney on NEST. It was interesting when he was talking about working on his rehab, how he wanted to get better every day. He sounded JUST like Tedy when he was talking about his rehab from the stroke. He also said that it would have been selfish if he had felt sorry for himself or had been depressed about his injury! He mentioned that he feels he is ahead of schedule on his rehab. I have been a big Rodney admirer since he came here but this puts me over the top! I am wearing a Rodney jersey next season!

Kudos to Nut for telling us all that Rodney would be back!! I may change my name to Rodney's Girl! ;)

I really admire the man. He's a well-spoken player too.

Bill's Girl said:
Kudos to Nut for telling us all that Rodney would be back!! I may change my name to Rodney's Girl! ;)

Perhaps the kudos should be saved until we actually see Harrison back on the field again. He has a long road ahead of him still.

Bill's Girl said:
I just finished watching Rodney on NEST.
Damn you!!! I just signed on to post the same damn thing. :D

My wife and I got into some deep metaphysical conversation tonight and I missed the FSNE show.... Thank GOD for DVR. Just now put her to bed and ran to the den to watch what I missed. Just finished watching it now, and... umm... wow, how can you NOT love this guy? How can you NOT say that even though he's really only been with a short time, he is the quintessential Patriot?

Man. Thank you San Diego.

...and by the way...

Rodney on Brady:
"...he's one the toughest guys, he's so mentally strong. And you top that on top of everything that he's done in the weight room and the guy is a tough guy. A lot of times he really doesn't get the credit, they just say 'oh he's smart, he's smart' but Tom is a tough guy and, I mean, he has a heart of a linebacker, he has the demeanor of a defensive lineman. So, you can say 'Meterosexual' and all of that whatever it is, but you can say all of that crap, but when it comes down to it... Tom will bust you in yer mouth."
Loved the quote so much, I took the time to transcribe it. ;)

Thanks, T-Shirt and BG.

Verbatim reports always welcome!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Damn you!!! I just signed on to post the same damn thing. :D

My wife and I got into some deep metaphysical conversation tonight and I missed the FSNE show.... Thank GOD for DVR. Just now put her to bed and ran to the den to watch what I missed. Just finished watching it now, and... umm... wow, how can you NOT love this guy? How can you NOT say that even though he's really only been with a short time, he is the quintessential Patriot?

Man. Thank you San Diego.

...and by the way...

Rodney on Brady:

I missed it too, I was on the phone with my mom! What did we do before the DVR?? Why is it people insist on speaking to us when these shows are on?? No one calls during the fricken news, but turn on anything football related and the phone rings off the hook!

BB was so on the money with this guy! Remember after we beat the Colts to go to SB 38 and BB grabbed him saying, "I'm glad we got you." He played two plays with a broken arm in that game. I loved at the end when he was crying and covered in confetti!

I was watching it with my wife, who despises football. Even she came away impressed with Rodney.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
...and by the way...

Rodney on Brady:

That might make my signature line.

huskeralk said:
Perhaps the kudos should be saved until we actually see Harrison back on the field again. He has a long road ahead of him still.

Here's the thing - his attitude, work ethic and overall personality is what we're admiring, not his future production on the field. What he is as a man and what he's brought to the Pats these last few years is greatly appreciated by many. I'd have to respectfully disagree that these "kudos" should be reserved until we see him back on the field! Did you feel the same about Tedy? Guys like Rodney and Tedy are rare, and we Pat fans are lucky to watch their development as elite football players.

He and #55 are great role models and stabilizing influences on this team, don't want to do the heart and soul argument, but he brings his role to a next step. He helps those who wander back into the fold. If he does not want to Ref like he said last year, he will be a great coach or be great at whatever he does.

huskeralk said:

You really need to get an eye enema. It might help with your ****ty outlook.

You may want to clean it off your computer screen too.

Last edited:
What I got out of it was that he will be back. And, as he says, if he's 85-90% of what he was, you don't want to be catching a ball in the middle of the field.

I'm still pissed that goober John Clayton had Rodney on his cut list.

PATSNUTme said:
You really need to get and eye enema. It might help with your ****ty outlook.

That's one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I almost fell off my chair laughing.

And I agree with the assessment wholeheartedly.

Bill's Girl said:
I just finished watching Rodney on NEST. It was interesting when he was talking about working on his rehab, how he wanted to get better every day. He sounded JUST like Tedy when he was talking about his rehab from the stroke. He also said that it would have been selfish if he had felt sorry for himself or had been depressed about his injury! He mentioned that he feels he is ahead of schedule on his rehab. I have been a big Rodney admirer since he came here but this puts me over the top! I am wearing a Rodney jersey next season!

:rocker:

OMG, how will BB ever be able to get through another day if you change your name.

Don't mess with the genius.

PATSNUTme said:
You really need to get and eye enema. It might help with your ****ty outlook.

Nut, your command of the english language continues to impress!!! These sort of little nuggets just make my day!!! :singing:

PATSNUTme said:
You really need to get an eye enema. It might help with your ****ty outlook.

I don't have a ****ty outlook, I would call it cautious. Especially when a 34 year old safety tears up his knee that bad.

PatsChick87 said:
I'd have to respectfully disagree that these "kudos" should be reserved until we see him back on the field! Did you feel the same about Tedy? Guys like Rodney and Tedy are rare, and we Pat fans are lucky to watch their development as elite football players.

Well my apologies because what you said is he deserves kudos for saying that he would be back and that's it. Whether he comes back may be probable but not guaranteed.

huskeralk said:
I don't have a ****ty outlook, I would call it cautious. Especially when a 34 year old safety tears up his knee that bad.

Maybe you can treat us all to a medely of your positive and optimistic posts.

It shouldn't take you long to find that one, if there is one.

BTW,Rodney is 33.

PATSNUTme said:
Maybe you can treat us all to a medely of your positive and optimistic posts.

It shouldn't take you long to find that one, if there is one.

BTW,Rodney is 33.

I have positive outlook on things but I'm not going to kid myself either. And I don't need to treat you to a medley because you are one of only about 3 that seem to have a problem with every word I say. Sorry about the slip up. 1 year makes all the difference when we're talking ligaments.

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
Well my apologies because what you said is he deserves kudos for saying that he would be back and that's it. Whether he comes back may be probable but not guaranteed.

Maybe you should re-read the part of my post that you've deleted in your response. Clearly we're talking about more than Rodney's return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes