PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Love Journalism!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Editors, not writers choose headlines, NOT the writers.
It's amazing how often the agenda of major newspaper editors results in headlines unsupported by the article below.

I posted the Washington Post one the other day, but...what in the hell??

This is one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while. :)

Of course, the Fort Wayne Gazette IS an Indiana newspaper!

Great find. 10/10 IMO!

HaHa! A little Hoosier bias in play. It didn't get past my sharp eyed Patriot brethren though....:)

It's like some people live simply to find reasons to snipe at the media - writers, editors, headline editors, errand boys, delivery truck drivers, newspaper boys, etc; the act is very, very tired.

The headline is fine: "poised" is not the same as 'bound for' but the media bashers have no patience for nuance; whoops, that's another bad word...

The Wilbon piece was pretty sharp, regardless of any dismay at the headline. It's worth a read.

It's like some people live simply to find reasons to snipe at the media - writers, editors, headline editors, errand boys, delivery truck drivers, newspaper boys, etc; the act is very, very tired.

The headline is fine: "poised" is not the same as 'bound for' but the media bashers have no patience for nuance; whoops, that's another bad word...

The Wilbon piece was pretty sharp, regardless of any dismay at the headline. It's worth a read.

You're 100% correct about Wilbon's piece. It's a GREAT read. And the first (original) headline was fine and reflected that about which Wilbon was writing.

However, you commented before understanding the post.

Take a moment and read that about which you're commenting.

Wilbon's piece was repackaged a day later by the Fort Wayne paper - - with a COMPLETELY different headline.

I posted TWO separate publications of the same piece, BBB. The headlines picked by the editors were completely different and with 180 degree OPPOSING meanings.

The other posters in this thread understood. They saw the humor in the morphing of the headline from "Pats Poised to Be Perfect" to "Pats' Perfection Unlikely to Last".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back