PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I loathe not having that first rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not try? Well for starters I think that he already gave one answer for that. When Kraft came out and said "I was wrong to put my trust in the league" it was clear to me. He clearly (to me anyways) seemed to think that by the team taking it on the chin the league would go easier on Brady. The players have always had really good things to say about Kraft and I truly believe he was willing to lose money and a draft pick to protect the most important player in the history of the franchise.

Beyond that the question 'Why not try' is a little silly to me.

Hmmmm.....

You "truly believe he was willing to lose money and a draft pick to protect the most important player in the history of the franchise." You believe that Kraft actually imagined that abdicating like he did would, in some Fantasy Universe, actually persuade Scum like Goodell, whose vicious Anti-Patriots Agenda couldn't've possibly been clearer, to show mercy??? And you think I'm being silly??? ;)

You and I clearly have different philosophical perspectives on this, don't we?

Clearly, you believe that Appeasement is the right way to go.

Me, I believe in standing up to one’s Enemies.

I acknowledge that of course there are Consequences to standing up to Evil and fighting it.

I would note, however, that there are Consequences to failing to do so.

And I don’t for a second believe that Kraft really believed that he’d soften Goodel’s evil Heart with his Surrender any more than I believe that Neville Chamberlain believed a word of his “Peace in our Time” ******** when he slunk back from Hitler bullying and humiliating him at Munich.

I hardly expect to persuade you and others who keep insisting that Kraft's Appeasement last Spring was the right thing to do are wrong...This was indeed a philosophical Decision he made.

But it's crystal clear, considering Kraft's enraged Response to Goodel's doomed 4 Game Suspension, that Kraft himself has seen Wisdom in my point of view previously unclear to'm. ;)

belichick out there scouting a day after we lose..

sucks that kraft rolled over like a coward. BB deserves better

you are right, Brady attempted to appeal the ruling to the minnesota court (hoping it would be more favorable to him due to precedent) and the NFL attempted to have to have their ruling upheld by the new york courts. Thank you, you are exactly right; I feel like media has referred to it as his case against the NFL multiple times though.

Yep, it's a shame to see the media twist things around so much, and you're right--they have insinuated that TFB was the one to initiate the court proceedings. At any rate, sorry if my comment came off as nitpicky, meat. I just wanted to clarify to help and set the record straight.

Every single on of you should have LISTENED to me nine years ago.I told all of you that Goodell was a 100% green scumbag. He should have already been arrested and incarcerated for corporate crimes and RICO violations. In fact, if the feds had intervened back during the Saints debacle like they should have, this cretinous, moronic, Frankensteinian corpo-monster would be wearing a number sorting laundry in Leavenworth as we speak.

Get off your asses and WRITE your federal representatives, and keep on writing until they hear you. This rotten scumbag MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE.

BTW, if anyone thinks I am EVER going to relent, know this...I will have this azzole's name on my lips at the moment of my demise if he's still drawing free man's air.

BTW, if anyone thinks I am EVER going to relent, know this...I will have this azzole's name on my lips at the moment of my demise if he's still drawing free man's air.
Ah, the OrsonWellian, "Rosebud" to your Jokered, "25tolifeGoodell."

Every single on of you should have LISTENED to me nine years ago.I told all of you that Goodell was a 100% green scumbag.

I got news for you, Joker: You didn't exactly break that news.

Anyone with any Intelligence was saying the same thing.

So congratulations on knowing what we all knew.

I got news for you, Joker: You didn't exactly break that news.

Anyone with any Intelligence was saying the same thing.

So congratulations on knowing what we all knew.
Justto set the record straight, No one around Patsfans but Joker was saying it....
Most thought he was delusional and a conspiracy freak.

It wouldn't bother me too much if we had admitted to doing it. It would have been way overboard but at least we'd be being punished for something we did. Unfortunately, as you all know, it appears more probably than not that we didn't do it. That's the killer for me.

I'm not saying this is correct, but I remember someone suggesting that Kraft was basically told that giving up on the picks would make it more likely that Brady would win his appeal.

Kraft inferred some of it from past appeals and Goodells track record of reducing penalties for those who, kissed his feet and begged forgiveness, what he didn't take into account was that all of his capitulation would be for naught when Brady told Goodell to kiss his ass because he didn't do anything wrong, at which point Goodell wanted to make it 5 first rounders, a 20 million dollar fine and Brady's nuts skewered on a kebob for he and the fam to roast over the fire pit at Prouts Neck.

Justto set the record straight, No one around Patsfans but Joker was saying it....

This is definitely true, Joker was years ahead on the NYJNFL league office. Sh.t, he had flow charts up on it.

If only ESPN could draw a zero rating in New England for the first night of the draft.

For me personally, skipping BSPN (which I have done since before the last SB) has nothing to do with showing them anything and everything to do with my peace of mind.

I remember having discussions about the Goodell/Jets connection when I was an AOLe back in 2006, when he came to the NFL. Once he screwed the Pats over with the trumped up Spygate bs it became a hot topic there. I was glad to come to this board years later and see that Joker was trumpeting the same concerns, but that wasn't until 2012.

One of the things that I specifically remember talking about with Joker (and Jets fans back in 2006) was that I noticed a change in the Wikipedia timeline of Goodell's employment record. It changed from Jets intern to NFL to NFL, to Jets and back to the NFL. That change didn't make sense then or now.

As I mentioned in another thread here today, I'm not so sure that losing that pick will have a major impact. The Pats could use that freed up money and put it to a FA that they know has value.

Hmmmm.....

You "truly believe he was willing to lose money and a draft pick to protect the most important player in the history of the franchise." You believe that Kraft actually imagined that abdicating like he did would, in some Fantasy Universe, actually persuade Scum like Goodell, whose vicious Anti-Patriots Agenda couldn't've possibly been clearer, to show mercy??? And you think I'm being silly??? ;)

You and I clearly have different philosophical perspectives on this, don't we?

Clearly, you believe that Appeasement is the right way to go.

Me, I believe in standing up to one’s Enemies.

I acknowledge that of course there are Consequences to standing up to Evil and fighting it.

I would note, however, that there are Consequences to failing to do so.

And I don’t for a second believe that Kraft really believed that he’d soften Goodel’s evil Heart with his Surrender any more than I believe that Neville Chamberlain believed a word of his “Peace in our Time” ******** when he slunk back from Hitler bullying and humiliating him at Munich.

I hardly expect to persuade you and others who keep insisting that Kraft's Appeasement last Spring was the right thing to do are wrong...This was indeed a philosophical Decision he made.

But it's crystal clear, considering Kraft's enraged Response to Goodel's doomed 4 Game Suspension, that Kraft himself has seen Wisdom in my point of view previously unclear to'm. ;)

One of the reasons Kraft's capitulation hurts the Pats is because the dopesticks will say that "they must have done something wrong because the owner accepted the penalty."

Just to set the record straight, No one around Patsfans but Joker was saying it....

Wow. That is...amazing. :eek:

Man...I thought it was ridiculously obvious. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back