PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I like Wilfork but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He's about one cupcake away from being a shut in.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/gallery/07_28_06_summer_camp?pg=27

Or maybe he ate Ted Washington. Anyway, I'm interested in what kind of season he's going to have. Third year and all. He kind of gets lost in the shuffle sometimes with a lot of the focus going to Seymour and Warren. I would not want to be an RB for an opposing team facing that line.

Last edited:
I expect big things from that line, and vince in paticular, he was lost early in the season last year but nearing the playoffs he was playing great.

A DT in a 3-4 system is supose to be a monster, and he passed the conditioning run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, he's huge, no surprise. But he doesn't look that bad to me. He looks fine, actually. About what I would expect.

In all honesty, I agree with those that have said that Vince seems to actually be fitter than he was last year.
I am expecting great things from the DL this year.

Erdoboy

For a 350 pounder his stomach isn't bulging out like Washington's used to. I think we'll see a better Vince this year :)

BelichickFan said:
For a 350 pounder his stomach isn't bulging out like Washington's used to. I think we'll see a better Vince this year :)
Right. He's well built for his size, no massive Washington-like gut. Check out the quads showing through the shorts... those are two friggin' tree trunks down there. :D

It's hard to be too big for that position.

He was always amazingly quick for his size.

RayClay said:
It's hard to be too big for that position.

He was always amazingly quick for his size.

Agreed on both accounts. Wilfork has always impressed me with his size/speed ratio, not to mention he's as strong as an ox. I think this is the year that Vince slides in amongst the top NT/DTs in the game.

Where does John Sullivan slide in anyway? Rotating with Vince or will he be on the outside rotating with Warren?

He's a NOSE TACKLE! What do you expect him to look like? Chad Jackson?

mavfan2390 said:
He's a NOSE TACKLE! What do you expect him to look like? Chad Jackson?

I wouldn't know what Chad Jackson looks like, seeing how he's particpated in only 2 more training camp practices than I have this season.

Last edited:
Vince%20%20camp.jpg

Not only is he big, quick, and strong.

He's a dancing machine.:rocker:

Chad Jackson...

224691626_l.jpg

I know...21 is so young

LOL. Box - I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back