PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I like our chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I like our chances.

How do you like our chances against New Orleans a couple weeks down the road? I see that as our only loss left on the schedule.

NO beat the Rams by 5 points on Sunday. I feel confident that the Pats can beat the Saints.

NO beat the Rams by 5 points on Sunday. I feel confident that the Pats can beat the Saints.

An excellent point. But I get a chance to watch the Saints every Sunday. They're pretty intimidating. Thanks to Drew Brees.

Last edited:

We almost beat Indy when Indy was playing with all its defensive backs out and all its running backs injured and we think that we will have a better chance later in the season? Pass the kool-aid.

We do indeed have a chance at a bye and could indeed win the Super Bowl. HOWEVER, the circus at the end of the game is not a good sign at all. The reality is that Manning didn't do much special. He did do enough to take advantage of the folding patriots. who have trouble finishing a game. And I'll say before others do: this is NOT a new problem for the patriots.

what a voice of reason.....good post mg

I also agree with the OP. Maybe this loss will make the whole team play with a massive chip on their shoulder.

QB12

It doesn't matter how big the chip on their shoulder is going to be. Ultimately, we have the personnel to dominate teams, but if our coaches keep playing not to lose in tight games, I don't like our chances.

Think about it, did we really think that the Colts weren't going to make a comeback when we started to lay off their receivers?

Did you guys not see the quickouts to Welker and Faulk when we really needed a first down? The Colts knew, they went right up to our receivers and played tight because we are a predictable offense.

So in summary, our coaches are predictable. If I knew what was coming, you know the other coaches knew what was coming.

We almost beat Indy when Indy was playing with all its defensive backs out and all its running backs injured and we think that we will have a better chance later in the season? Pass the kool-aid.

We do indeed have a chance at a bye and could indeed win the Super Bowl. HOWEVER, the circus at the end of the game is not a good sign at all. The reality is that Manning didn't do much special. He did do enough to take advantage of the folding patriots. who have trouble finishing a game. And I'll say before others do: this is NOT a new problem for the patriots.

Absolutely.

I said going in to this game that if the Pats played their A game on offense and defense we should win easily, but that Indy was more consistent than we were and would probably win if we didn't play well. Well, we brought our A game and dominated for 3+ quarters, and then failed to finish the job and let them off the hook.

If this team learns how to be more consistent and finish it is the best team in football, hands down. Until then it's in the 2nd tier of SB contenders, no matter how talented and explosive.

Absolutely.

I said going in to this game that if the Pats played their A game on offense and defense we should win easily, but that Indy was more consistent than we were and would probably win if we didn't play well. Well, we brought our A game and dominated for 3+ quarters, and then failed to finish the job and let them off the hook.

If this team learns how to be more consistent and finish it is the best team in football, hands down. Until then it's in the 2nd tier of SB contenders, no matter how talented and explosive.
The way I see it at this point in time, this is how I would classify the SB contenders from both conferences.

A-Grade Contenders
AFC - Colts, Bengals, Steelers.
NFC - Vikings, Saints.

B Grade Contenders
AFC - Patriots, Chargers,
NFC - Cardinals, Cowboys.

Last edited:

The way I see it at this point in time, this is how I would classify the SB contenders from both conferences.

A-Grade Contenders
NFC - Vikings, Saints.

B Grade Contenders

Bengals are A grade? They don't have a postseason history.

A-Grade Contenders
NFC - Vikings, Saints.

B Grade Contenders

So If Faulk got one more foot that makes us an A-Grade Contender? :(

Uh, no way this team makes the Super Bowl unless we avoid the Colts. Our D cannot stop Manning. Especially with the game on the line.
Right-like the "Silence of the Rams" SB too....
They said we couldn't stop that offense either.

Bengals are A grade? They don't have a postseason history.
They are performing at level now that suggest they are contenders. They've swept the Ravens, swept the defending Superbowl champions who are a fundamentally sound team and lost out to a ridiculous play by the Broncos. Right now, they are in form and performing. That suggests they are an A-Grade contender for mine.

So If Faulk got one more foot that makes us an A-Grade Contender? :(
Funnily enough, I'd probably say yes, as that's how close the NFL is. Then I remember the capitulations against the Jets, the Broncos and now the Colts.

Last edited:
Who was it on the Rams that kept saying "I like our chances" in the 2001 Super Bowl?

I don't use that expression. Bad mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye