PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know you guys hate when people say it, but Brady lost his passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Pacman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
While at the game today, I could help but thinking this. They showed a clip of Brady before SB36; he was going nuts with Bledsoe before the game- bumping heads and jumping up and down like madmen. Now, sadly, you never see that out of him. I remember back in the day during warmups, Brady used to come out and once he reached the closed endzone, he would start pounding his helmet and throwing fists in the air trying to get the crowd pumped; now when he comes out, he merely meekly claps.

This year and today in particular, I have seen Brady throw some of the worst INTs of his career. Worst of all, it has nothing to do with mechanics but rather merely not thinking and throwing into double or triple coverage. His head simply is not in the game and, unfortunately, I think the Brady Era, in terms of winning at least, may be over.

Faulk was yelling at the offense, who knows where brady was at. Just embarrassing, he looked disinterested throughout. Clapped his hands after running out of the tunnel and that was it.

100% agree
At his press conference today... I really had the feeling that he did not really give a crap
He seems perfectly happy to go home to Giselle.
He played one of his worst games EVER as a Patriot and he just did not seem to care

I noticed this starting since super bowl 42 which was really bizarre. What about him completely disappearing after his injury in 2008? I said this at the beginning of the season and got blasted for it.

Last edited:
While at the game today, I could help but thinking this. They showed a clip of Brady before SB36; he was going nuts with Bledsoe before the game- bumping heads and jumping up and down like madmen. Now, sadly, you never see that out of him. I remember back in the day during warmups, Brady used to come out and once he reached the closed endzone, he would start pounding his helmet and throwing fists in the air trying to get the crowd pumped; now when he comes out, he merely meekly claps.

This year and today in particular, I have seen Brady throw some of the worst INTs of his career. Worst of all, it has nothing to do with mechanics but rather merely not thinking and throwing into double or triple coverage. His head simply is not in the game and, unfortunately, I think the Brady Era, in terms of winning at least, may be over.

Did he lose his passion in 2004 and 2005 and 2007 and 2008 playoffs too? Because I watched him come out of the tunnel this morning before those games, and he wasn't doing what he did in the first Super Bowl.

In fact, he was yukking it up with Donald Trump and Trump's wife on the sidelines before a huge game.

I think so. HE lost his magic and coolness. He did not talk to his teammates.
And why he lost his connection with Moss? They did so great in 2007.

being married to a super model will do that. i mean he's got 3 super bowls, tons of money and a famous wife. why would you care? the richer and more privileged you get, the more you forget about what got you there in the first place.

with that said, i did see brady upset at himself numerous times this year when he made a bad throw. you got to remember he's playing with a bunch of injuries which we don't know the full extent of.

He had a bad game, that's all there is too it. Everyone said Moss was dog faking against Carolina too. People have bad games, it happens. Doesn't mean they don't care anymore. If he didn't, BB wouldn't hesitate to put Hoyer in and make an example of him, even if he is TFB.

I just think he's a different person now.

But I don't question his passion and will to win games

... no ... he's still a die hard tough player he always was.

Brady had a tough year ... a tough 2 years ... perhaps he gets great health in 2010?

Last edited:
Is it possible that winning another Super Bowl is beneath him?

For many reasons, some mentioned above, he is a god among men, condemned to a prison of flesh.

He's smart enough to emulate what fans expect from a quarterback who wants to win, but perhaps lusting for a trinket like a Super Bowl is for mere mortals.

JMHO! YMMV! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is just maturing into an elder statesman... with that being said, I would like to see him go crazy every once and a while.

Funny, I have seen Brady on the sidelines plenty of times this year trying to fire up the troops. Brady is a competitor and has plenty of passion. His passion isn't going to block for him though.

People need to stop overreacting. Someone please close this stupid thread.

Brady's last two seasons starting have been the best of his career.

Guess he's only passionate if he's doing this before the game...

r2m529.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed on Brady losing his passion.

He doesnt seem to get fired up as much as he used too.

Welker has seem to take that role.

stop interepretting by just watching the sidelines on TV. watch all the pats all accestapes and see how fired up he is. guys comes back from a bad injury and plays with ribs and finger inj and we are ready to run him out of town....this is getting unreal really all the bb resign to brady passion crap.
how about this - this was a bad team with average players trying to make it work

If he was lacking passion, he would not have worked his butt off to get back after the injury last year. He didn't play well today but I don't think it had anything to do with his passion or lack thereof.

Last edited:
Said it once already but i'll say it again.

Brady's lack of emotion/enthusiasm/leadership today was appalling...........
Almost as much so as his horrible play. He sucked today point blank.

This thread is the biggest loser of all threads today.

the-biggest-loser.jpg

Last edited:
Brady was going nuts when he reached the end zone after coming out for warmups at SB42. That's about the last thing I clearly remember from that game. Was he really just clapping today?

Funny, I have seen Brady on the sidelines plenty of times this year trying to fire up the troops. Brady is a competitor and has plenty of passion. His passion isn't going to block for him though.

People need to stop overreacting. Someone please close this stupid thread.

I second the suggestion.

Brady as a kid in 2001 acted differently than the Brady of 2009. He is now expected to carry the weight of the team right now, unlike the Super Bowl years when the defense would carry the day and put him in a position to win. In those years, you didn't seem him angry or frustrated because he wasn't generally angry or frustrated. He also, coming off a major injury, likely has more mental baggage to deal with when things are going badly. Give the guy a break.

Plus, if you pine away for the Brady of yore, that magical, happy, enthusiastic kid winning Super Bowl MVPs, feel free to look at Brady in the 2005 playoff loss to Denver. He looks and acts much like this Brady acted today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes