PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know this has been debated before

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
but should we run the ball more.? i for one dont really think so or care. Today the ravens were not a good team to run on and the few runs maroney had werent going to be effective anyway. but all iam hearing on all news outlets is that pats are arrogant which is catching up to them that they dont want to run the ball.
i think they will do what they think best.
having said that, they really miss a power running game especially in the redzone. maroney ran hard today against a tough defense but at times he looks for the cutback like a denver running back. maybe we need to work on it a little bit more than normal...questions ?

Last edited:
I think they should run more to keep the defense honest and to keep Brady from getting killed. He has been hit too many times the past 2 few weeks.

It's not so much that I want us to go out and give Maroney 30 carries a game... It's that I want to integrate him into the offense, so that he's . Granted, it's one game and I don't want to take too much from it, but it now seems fully odd that we treat Maroney like he's when he seems quite competent at both blocking and receiving. Now, every time we bring out Maroney there's a 90% chance it's a run and any time we don't go shotgun there's a 90% chance it's a run.

It reminds me of when Dave Wannstedt coached the Dolphins, and they had 2 sets: one with Lamar Smith where they would bring in their big, bruising FB, and only have the 2 WRs spread out and one with Travis Minor, where they went 3 WRs and spread out their TE. The pattern always used to be that they'd use the Smith package on 1st and 2nd down, the Minor package on 3rd down and then out came Matt Turk on 4th down.

Now, it's not nearly that bad and in absolutely no way am I comparing anyone to Dave Wannstedt or Lamar Smith, but I think we're just being way too predictable in the way we use Maroney, and part of his success tonight was the genuine surprise from the Ravens when we used him as a pass-catching RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back