PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know no one wants to hear this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott37

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
but Adam now has 4 rings and is laughing all the way to the bank...

We already knew this. Thanks for the breaking news, though.

sorry. just wallowing in the depression.

I am wondering if he has some kind of a record for missed FGs by a kicker in the Super Bowl. Three at this point, I think.

actually I could care less what adam does or does not do, I do care however that the Pats made the absolute right decision by letting him go , saving the money, drafting a good young cheap player, and having a much brighter future.

IMO, in the long run, he would have made more in endorsement deals as an icon in New England, as opposed to be a carpet-bagger kicker roaming throughout the NFL.

Last edited:
Adam was a non-factor in the playoffs and SB this season, any competent kicker could have done what he did. Actually, I think Gostkowski hit more big kicks in the playoffs this year than Adam.

Last edited:
Adam has missed 4 field goals, one in the rams game, two in Carolina, one against the Bears. Did he miss against the Eagles?

That's not an altogether bad record to have though, espeically when you've been to 5 Super Bowls.

Adam has missed 4 field goals, one in the rams game, two in Carolina, one against the Bears. Did he miss against the Eagles?

That's not an altogether bad record to have though, espeically when you've been to 5 Super Bowls.

I don't think he missed against the Rams. IIRC, he had NEVER missed in a dome when he lined up for the game-winning kick in 36.

Anyway, I'm actually happy for him.

He didn't miss against the Rams in XXVI - at least not in the broadcast I watched. ;)

The only kicks he ever missed in a dome (or in the post season I believe) were the two in XXXVIII - in Reliant against the Panthers. Until tonight, but it didn't really matter. He made up for that somewhat with his creative KO's that effectively removed the Devon Hester factor from the game after he burned them on that opening KO.

He can get as much money as he wants, we made the right move. I also lost a lot of respect for the guy for the way he handled himself. He didn't have much to do with this Championship though. He is getting to the point where he is nothing more than a mediocre kicker outdoors...he will still be good in a dome, just like every other kicker ever to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back