PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know it's early but the niners looks well coached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyeechrispats1

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know it's the first game of preseason but it is against the broncos and they look pretty good heres to hoping for a 0-16 campaign though.
Hey you never know:D

I'm not sure I want a top 5 pick with these RIDICULOUS contracts, I just want one low enough to get a certain safety from Miami :D

I'm not sure I want a top 5 pick with these RIDICULOUS contracts, I just want one low enough to get a certain safety from Miami :D

Who would that be?

Yeah, I think the 49ers are looking decent as well.

Does Michelle Tafoya look better this year or have I been drinking too much? Jaws is soooo much better than Theisman.

Does Michelle Tafoya look better this year or have I been drinking too much? Jaws is soooo much better than Theisman.

Someone explain to me what Tony Cornhole brings to a NFL football telecast.
The Niners are well coached. Nolan knows what he's doing.

Listening to tony talk on a broadcast I honestly don't know if he does very little research or just has concentration lapses behind the camera.
I put his telecasts up there with Fran Drescher singing the national anthem,or gilbert godfreid making a speech.
Watching the Colts hoist the lombardi, and hearing people call Mangini a genius.
It truly is unbearable.

Niners should win 9 or 10 games this year with the talent they have on that team...probable wild card team,possible West division winner.

All you guys are hoping the niners will suck this year and I do too but if you see what they have on thier roster only the homie in you says they will falter,besides Nolen is going to be a heck of a coach when all is said and done,Walsh up there may be smiling within a few years.

If the Niners front 7 have a decent year I see no reason why it can't happen,that appears to be the biggest weakness on that team right now.

I'm taking the UNDER on that one.

Hope you are right but if I am in Vegas and they give me over under 8,I'm taking over.

BTW: The Niners have been placed at only 18-1 odds to win the Super Bowl,Yes that means they are tied with Baltimore for equal odds..Amazing what a year makes..The Ravens went into the middle of the playoffs and the Niners stayed home,things change rapidly in the NFL.

BTW: The Niners have been placed at only 18-1 odds to win the Super Bowl
The 49ers are a cool pick after a 7-9 record, I would imagine there's some money going on them. They had the 4th worst point differential and were lucky to be 7-9 - I expect the Rams and Seahawks to finish above them in their division.

Niners will win more than 7 games. You can bet on it.

I think the niner's will have a better season than most people think. They started to get it toghether at the end of last season learning how to win. And have had a great FA,and draft. I see the pats getting a pick in the mid-round area 14-16.

Enough of a D, that if Alex Smith becomes "somebody," the team has a shot (He has DJack to play catch with now, and Frank Gore is a great way to take the pressure off a young QB.)

But they sure won't be riding roughshod even over the weak NFC.

PFnV

Someone explain to me what Tony Cornhole brings to a NFL football telecast.
The Niners are well coached. Nolan knows what he's doing.

Agreed. The two young coaches I really like are Nolan and Marinelli.

Is TBC in their starting line up on defense?

Enough of a D, that if Alex Smith becomes "somebody," the team has a shot (He has DJack to play catch with now, and Frank Gore is a great way to take the pressure off a young QB.)
Well we'll see. Antonio Bryant, for all his problems, is a better WR than Jackson IMO and Jackson will have to have a solid season to match the 750 or so yards Bryant got last year. Gore was awesome last year but will he be able to repeat coming off that workload ? And do they have enough of a D ? I know they brought some high picks/Clements in but they led the lead in points allowed last year so they have some way to go.

And I will be very surprised if they finish ahead of Seattle or the Rams. They're just better teams IMO.

Is TBC in their starting line up on defense?

Yeah I saw that too. I wonder if that's just preseason or if he'll start when the season begins as well. i'm putting 6 - 7 wins at most on these guys.

I'll take the over if it's 8 wins you guys are giving. They looked pretty good at the end of last season and added a lot of weapons since then. After watching them last night I'm even more convinced.

Nolan is the real deal. His strength is defense, so it remains to be seen what influence the loss of Norv Turner will have on the 49ers offense. Remember, he was instrumental in developing a kid named Troy Aikman. Alex Smith must prove he's benefitted from Turner's tutelage and can progress without the QB guru around. Dilfer's experience can help, but it's really up to Smith to emerge as a top QB this season. If he doesn't, things could be rough. This is one to watch.

As this was the first pre-season game, and based on where teams are at this point, it's hard to glean anything solid at this stage, despite the idiotic proclamations of Felger and some of the other local talking heads. They've made some very good personnel acquisitions, but they need to mature on offense and defense.

That being said, I'd be very happy with a pick from 12-20. It's likely that's where it will end up unless the other teams in the NFC West fold or the 49ers just gel on all fronts this season. The Cardinals seem to be the big quesiton mark, but the Seahawks and Rams appear to be ready for solid seasons. This one will keep our interest throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes