PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know it's early but Stevan Ridley is showing he could be a #1 back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't manage to watch the game (expect for the final play), but from the sounds of it, he was great.

I remember watch the first preseason game last season with my girlfriend, and on first time seeing Ridley she said 'he is going to be good!' and he became her favourite player. She is feeling pretty happy with herself :D

I like Ridley, but he can't survive the load we gave him with the amount of hitting he took for a long season. Bolden can sub during game for a fresher Ridley end of season times.

I like Ridley, but he can't survive the load we gave him with the amount of hitting he took for a long season. Bolden can sub during game for a fresher Ridley end of season times.

I expect Vereen will give us something too.

Can he? We will see. If not HOPEFULLY vereen will give us something

Why? I think he seemed to run better with more carries. Woodhead and Bolden did OK spelling him. If he keeps this up, maybe he could be a true three down back, and no more RBBC would be needed.

Pretty much did what I expected. Based on what he's done so far you had to expect something along those lines if you give him 20 carries.

With his YPC Ridley should be a 1300-1500 yds back.

Add in what Vereen and Woodhead can contribute and there's plenty of running game for the Pats. :rocker:

Give that makeshift OL some credit as well,Ridley had some slim daylight open on some of his runs and Gronk helped after the LOS.

Ridley has such fast acceleration he looks like hes shot out of a cannon. But at the same time he has good vision and can turn on a dime and change direction. If he stays healthy he will have a very good career.....I don't want to put him in canton just yet.

Last edited:
Yup I DEF think so. He made a believer out of me. I wasn't sure if he had it in him to be a feature back but SO FAR I think he has tools to be an all around back for us. Yes it's only week one but I like our chances with him back there.

Ridley has such fast acceleration he looks like hes shot out of a cannon. But at the same time he has good vision and can turn on a dime and change direction. If he stays healthy he will have a very good career.....I don't want to put him in canton just yet.

I fully agree. Same last year when he played. I have commented on his acceleration and ability to change direction. He is gonna break off a very long TD run one of these days.

Also, has the same acceleration as a receiver out of the backfield.

Extremely quick and hopefully he will be injury free.

nicely said. agree

Yes he looked good, but as I said in another thread; the one thing that scared me a little with him was his ball carrying.

He was only using one arm in traffic several times and at least once had it on the wrong side.

Bolden looked to be the FB(minus) safe-hands guy who will take over for Ridley once the games are iced. So, fantasy numbers wise, Ridley may suffer a little only playing 3Q or 3+Q routinely. But he sure looked like he will easily get over a 1000 (barring injury).

he was the best RB to end the season last year, i think he will be a 1000 yard back this year

I took a quick look at RB stats and while he was 3rd in yards, 4th in Yards/Attempt (which is stil lreal good). Thie biggest stat that jumped out for me is that he accounted for 10 first downs (with only 21 rushes).

That alone will allow longer offensive drives, wear down defenses and keep our big boys fresh-rested on defense. This could be the single most signifcant stat for the season.

After what Ridley did consistently yesterday gaining positive yardage. Shane Vereen we never knew ya. Now i can see why BB got rid of all our WR's if we can run the football that good knowing we are really a passing team...what can the Defense do? Playaction will make our Slowest WR look fast. Ridley running yesterday is the best i have seen from a Patriot RB since Corey Dillion...that's scarry. P.s. also love what i saw from Brandon Bolden straight ahead no-nonsense runner just how BB like em.:cool:

I fully agree. Same last year when he played. I have commented on his acceleration and ability to change direction. He is gonna break off a very long TD run one of these days.

Also, has the same acceleration as a receiver out of the backfield.

Extremely quick and hopefully he will be injury free.

Ridley's acceleration or Burst is much like Corey Dillion's which made him a beast in the NFL. It said that Shane Verreen is suppose to be the faster of the two. But it's clear with naked eye Vereen's Speed has not translated well on the football field. I hope Vereen proves me wrong and lives up to his draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down