PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know it's early but Stevan Ridley is showing he could be a #1 back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots2001

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This guy is showing me power and quickness..thoughts ?

I feel like crying.
We should have played Ridley in the Super Bowl.

Don't see why not. the guy is a classic slasher

This is why i was glad we didn't pay Green-Ellis, Ridley has much higher potential. I wanted too see him start and he didn't disapoint.

Ridley looked great. 100+ yards rushing..will help the O that much more

Great game today.

Now to put it together next week. Other teams will have to begin to game plan for him if he puts performances in back to back .

Last edited:
He was much better than I was expecting. While I miss lawfirm because I thought he was a good guy I'm going to admit that Ridley is the better option. Hopefully he can continue this production through the season.

I will say when he gets hit and goes to the ground it scares me a bit. He falls kind of funny and makes me think he is going to either break or tear something if he is not careful.

Ridley showed he could be a #1 back last year. It was just the fumbles that kept him out in the playoffs.

This could turn out to be better than the Branch pick, a similar reach type pick where people thought he could have been available later on but BB didn't want to risk it and took the guy he wanted. It's early but it's looking really good now.

Also did a good job on blitz pickup and catching 2 balls for 27 yards. Ridley is going to have a big year.

Mankins, Solder, and Gronk were blowing up their side of the line.

I'm glad we didn't pay BJGE either. Not that he got huge money but we saw a perfect example of RB's that go into that slide. Johnson got a lot of carries early in his career and doesn't look like the same guy.

I wonder if he still wants to race Bolt?

Anyway, yeah, Ridley. Sweet.

The running game finally makes its return this year? :rocker:

If so, it's about time. Ridley looks the the real thing. Need Vareen to get healthy to lighten the load on him and have a viable back up if he gets injured. Boldon = sub-JAG.

And I was nearly salivating at the thought of the ways McDaniels would be able use Demps. :( That almost would have been unfair to opposing defenses.

Remember seeing glimpses of Ridley last season and he looked decent, glad to see him do so well today.

Ridley had an excellent first day as the primary back. He has a punishing and elusive dimension to his game The first good game of hopefully many this season. The OL performed pretty well, considering all of the anxiety directed toward them.

Ridley was great. I'm hoping that the Pats have their best running game since Corey Dillon. Makes me very excited for the season. Should help Brady.

I like how he looked comfortable catching the ball, too...... Another dimension for opposing defenses to worry about out of the base set

Mankins, Solder, and Gronk were blowing up their side of the line.

I'm glad we didn't pay BJGE either. Not that he got huge money but we saw a perfect example of RB's that go into that slide. Johnson got a lot of carries early in his career and doesn't look like the same guy.

I wonder if he still wants to race Bolt?

Anyway, yeah, Ridley. Sweet.

Yeah, on the pre game show they kept touting his ability to get small. Well...today he couldn't get small enough.

he looks like he could be a pro bowl back

He's on course for 2000 yards on 336 carries and 16 TDs! :p

I'd be happy if he got 1000 yards to be perfectly honest, anything more is a plus.

He's on course for 2000 yards on 336 carries and 16 TDs! :p

I'd be happy if he got 1000 yards to be perfectly honest, anything more is a plus.

It depends upon how much he plays. If he is the #1 RB getting 20+ carries every week, then 1000 is a total fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye