PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just watched 3 Games to Glory II and III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm stuck in India without much else to do, so I watched them in their entirety.

It is amazing how many huge plays Ty Law and Rodney were involved in those 2 years. Seemed like they were there for every key play.

Anyway, my point is that the fact that the Pats got as far as they did this year without either of them (or equivalent replacements) and that they SHOULD have gone even further makes me very hopeful for next year.

Presuming we get Rodney and/or an equivalent replacement, of course.

Unfortunately when Law left and Bruschi had his stroke, we knew that playmakers were gone. Then Rodney got hurt. All our big play guys were gone. Tedy came back and that helped but we have to get guys who make more plays (read : turnovers). Hobbs showed a spark and Samuel looked better the last few games. But whether it's through the draft or FA, somehow we need guys who can get to the ball and catch it. The shame of it all is that is one thing that Starks had been able to do in his career - he actually had a slightly better INT/Gm ratio coming into this season that Law did.

Credit to a fan who travels to India and takes along 3GTG -- I think!

Mike the Brit said:
Credit to a fan who travels to India and takes along 3GTG -- I think!
Yeah, not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

One good thing about being here now- being away from the AFCCG. A few less "what ifs" running through my head, at least.

I know that he wasn't as BIG a deal, but when watching the Season DVDs (not 3GTG), I think we really could have benfitted from keeping David Patten around. He always seemed to be around a good play too. He got hurt anyway, but who knows.

BradyisGod said:
I know that he wasn't as BIG a deal, but when watching the Season DVDs (not 3GTG), I think we really could have benfitted from keeping David Patten around. He always seemed to be around a good play too. He got hurt anyway, but who knows.
I noticed him alot too in 3GTG. And you know who else? Bethel! He had more big moments than I remembered.

The other thing I noticed- Matt Light is a funny bastard.

Last edited:
Patjew said:
I'm stuck in India without much else to do, so I watched them in their entirety.

It is amazing how many huge plays Ty Law and Rodney were involved in those 2 years. Seemed like they were there for every key play.

Anyway, my point is that the fact that the Pats got as far as they did this year without either of them (or equivalent replacements) and that they SHOULD have gone even further makes me very hopeful for next year.

Presuming we get Rodney and/or an equivalent replacement, of course.
i just watched three games to glory three yesterday myself .good stuff

Patjew said:
I noticed him alot too in 3GTG. And you know who else? Bethel! He had more big moments than I remembered.

The other thing I noticed- Matt Light is a funny bastard.
I loved it when he did Player Commentary on TGTG 3 and Rosevelt Colvin is rather bad at the history of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots