PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just realized the Niners will be playing Miami the week before

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just realized the Niners will be on the east coast to face Miami the week before they face the Pats.

I was banking on a time zone adjustment + cold weather to 'shock' that team, but now I guess they will be staying on the east coast the whole week leading to the Pats game? :confused:

Can anyone confirm/refute this? I believe they already did this once this season when they faced the Jets?

Even worse, they could decide to board a plane the fly up north to Mass immediately following the Fins game, they will not only get adjusted to the time zone, but also to the cold weather... :mad:

Last edited:
I just realized the Niners will be on the east coast to face Miami the week before they face the Pats.

I was banking on a time zone adjustment + cold weather to 'shock' that team, but now I guess they will be staying on the east coast the whole week leading to the Pats game? :confused:

Can anyone confirm/refute this? I believe they already did this one this season when they faced the Jets?

Even worse, they could decide to board a plane the fly up north to Mass immediately following the Fins game, they will not only get adjusted to the time zone, but also to the cold weather... :mad:

Nothing can adjust you to playing a contact sport in that type of weather if you're used to playing in a normal/warm climate. Believe me.

Nothing can adjust you to playing a contact sport in that type of weather if you're used to playing in a normal/warm climate. Believe me.

Perhaps, but you do agree that having the extra few days to practice in the cold weather vs. landing the day before and having zero practice before the game, helps

Last edited:
Perhaps, but you do agree that having the extra few days to practice in the cold weather vs. landing the day before and having zero practice before the game, helps

No. Your body begins to get used to the temperature a little bit when you're about your normal business. Your body won't be able to adjust to what it feels like to get hit in that tempurature in that amount of time though. The time zone difference is more of a concern with me. But the temperature should still be able to play its part.

This would also mean they've been away from home for a week and a half by the time they play the Pats. I believe there is something to "the comfort of home". You are able to rest and recover much better when you are sleeping in your own bed.

This is part of the reason I think havibng a London team that does 4 week road stretches is a stupid idea. (only part of the reason) :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm/refute this? I believe they already did this once this season when they faced the Jets?

Well, my mother-in-law from FL has been staying with me since Oct. 1st. She still isn't used to the weather and marvels how all of us walk around, even now, with pretty light jackets on. She says when the weather hits 40 degrees in FL people walk around with ski parkas buttoned up tight, gloves and hats. LOL. I just had to put my foot down with my two teenage sons about not wearing shorts to school any more so I don't get a call from Child Protective Services.

Don't they stay somewhere in Ohio when they have back to back East Coast games?

Don't they stay somewhere in Ohio when they have back to back East Coast games?

Really? That seems more disruptive than just flying to your 2nd destination and staying there for a week.

Don't worry about it. Miami is playing at SF.

Last edited:

Miami is at San Francisco

For what it's worth, the following week Houston will be playing on the road for the third consecutive game; that's something that could work in the Patriots' favor.

For what it's worth, the following week Houston will be playing on the road for the third consecutive game; that's something that could work in the Patriots' favor.

Pats need every break they can get. Playing @ Miami is always tough for them. San Fran and Houston will be night games and Pats will have their hands full 3 games in a row.

Winning the Division is task #1. This is no time for them to falter and getting everyone back healthy is critical. Miami will be a good game to tighten up the run D with Bush coming at them. Giving Scott and Francis reps at DE won't hurt either.

I wonder if anyone has any idea how many teams in the past went on the road in 3 consecutive regular season weeks and won all three?

I would assume it would not be a lengthly list.

Houston COULD get beat at Tennessee this weekend,especially if they get caught looking ahead to the AFC clash of the year the following week.

Last edited:
Its really simple for me, win at miami and then basically the bye will come down to the games against the texans and niners.They win both those games which is a tough task and they will get a BYE.

That ravens loss still bugs me.If they had won that game then everything would be in front of them.

Doesn't even have to be a contact sport. Come on up from Meeahme and take a few practice swings with a baseball bat tonight here on Capa Bacalhau.

Pats need every break they can get. Playing @ Miami is always tough for them. San Fran and Houston will be night games and Pats will have their hands full 3 games in a row.

Winning the Division is task #1. This is no time for them to falter and getting everyone back healthy is critical. Miami will be a good game to tighten up the run D with Bush coming at them. Giving Scott and Francis reps at DE won't hurt either.

That's good to hear that SF and Houston will be night games. Hopefully it will be very cold. Would be even better if it snows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes