Welcome to PatsFans.com

I just got this email:

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fleabassist1, Feb 4, 2007.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

ATTENTION PLEASE,

With due respect, trust and humility, I write to you this proposal, which I believe would be of great interest to you. I find your contact while I was doing a private research on the Internet for a reliable and capable foreign partner that will assist my family and I to transfer this fund to his personal or private account and for investment purpose.

I am MR.ETIENE KABLAN the son of Late Eng.DOUGLAS KABLAN, who was the Chairman" of the Farmers co-operation in Zimbabwe from 1992 to 2005. My Father was among the few blacks that were murdered in cold blood by the President ROBERTH MUGABE Administration during the land dispute that just happened in Zimbabwe.

After the death of my Father, we decided to move out of ZIMBABWE because our lives were in danger because of the money that my father kept in his hidden safe in our house. The amount contained in the safe is USD12M This money was meant for the purchase of new machines and chemicals for the farmland establishment of new farms in Swaziland.

Before his death in Feb 2006, his is a Major shareholder of companies in Zimbabwe. After my Father died we moved to South Africa and deposited this money in a security company in a box as valuables belonging to our foreign partner pending when we see a honest person that will assist us transfer this fund to his personal account oversea and for the safety of our family.

We are presently in South Africa as Refugee Asylum Seekers and as such the law of South Africa does not permit us to operate or open any bank account here in South Africa or be involved in any financial transaction with the bank. That is why we contacted you to assist us in this transaction.

We are ready to compensate you with 30% of the total fund for accepting to assist us and 3% mapped for the expenses that might incur during the time of transfer, kindly contact me on the above phone or e-mail box, indicating your interest as soon as possible, on receiving of your acceptance, I shall be glad to give you more clarification on the modalities needed for smooth successful completion of thistransaction.

I anticipate your quick response.

Regards

MR ETIENE KABLAN{FOR THE FAMIY}

I responded with this:

I cant help you, my dad died yesterday - my brother commited suicide soon afterwords, my mom was locked in a mental institution for killing my dad, and my dog just ran away. On top of that, my internet was shut off and I lost my email account. I am also bankrupt, broke, and black; and I am currently selling crack to buy food stamps and my green card, because I just was deported from china.
    Go With God,
    Tyree

PS: Im broke homie, help a brotha out.

2. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Send this to the FBI...there is a major task force which has been investigating these scams.
    Nigeria is the most prevalent origin of these emails
    and finally,the governments in Africa are beginning to prosecute.

get them to send you confirmation by mail,not email,and the US Postal Service will become involved.

If you're more daring,as I was,I asked them to come to the US,so we could meet in person,they were then arrested by the FBI.

Many went to Nigeria and were murdered,

Caveat Emptor.

3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The old Nigerian scam... aka ponzi scheme; aka social security.

4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +186 / 2 / -3

Actually I think the FBI is now accepting of the fact that anyone who falls for this scam SHOULD be allowed to fall victim of financial Darwinism.

What goes through people's heads who fall for this?

Let them blow a few thousand today - hopefully they learn a lesson that keeps them from bankruptcy later on.

5. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +315 / 3 / -3

You poor guy! My check is on the way!

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No kidding. I'm gonna go start a 'Fleabassist1 Recovery Fund' thread out on the main board right now!!!

The question is: How do we tell him and send him the money? since his internet has been shut off:confused:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,427 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

You forgot to mention that the Patriots lost in the AFCC game.

8. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's actually the Secret Service that's investigating these things (a co-workers idiot husband fell for this one and lost about $6K of their money), and they are taking some of them more seriously than others (the ones that involve bank fraud).

But I agree- anyone that falls for these things has got to be a special kind of idiot.

9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't know!!

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My favorite response is to say how excited I am for this opportunity and how willing I am to help out and I have the money they need me to send them ready to go, but I just need them to send me $30 gasoline so I can buy gas to get to the Western Union.

11. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You should check out the 419 files, which contain all the correspondence between these criminals and a guy that made it his mission in life to waste their time and humiliate them. My personal favourite is the Church of the holy Cow (see letters archive)