PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just can't STAND it any more - Warning this is a rant!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, the Bears ripped up Dawson's knee on the first play and the idiot started Tony "Waaaah...I'm a little turtle boy!" Eason instead of Grogs...by the time Grogs got inthere it was too late...Buddy Ryan had Dawson's knee taken out and said as much post game...THAT is why I hate all Ryans so much....scum...pure scum.

We had a shot if Grogs starts that game...not much of one BUT certainly a 1000 times better than Champagne Toe-knee.Next time you see Craig James on the tube just think...7 carries...ONE friggin yard....

In the 25 years I have been watching football I have never seen a QB as visibly afraid as Eason was in that SB. And in 25 years of football watching, I have never heard a player injury report say "stretched nerves" as a reason he was out of the game. There is NO doubt in my mind Grogan should have played that game from start to finish. Grogan took one serious royal beating like you will never see in today's NFL yet stood tall on EVERY play. Say what you want about Grogan but that guy had nerves of steel!

With that said, (if memory serves me) the Patriots drove on their first possession to the red zone. I forget who it was but the receiver had the TD pass RIGHT in his hands and just dropped it (not a Baltimore 2011 AFCCG drop, an actual 'just dropped it'). If that was held onto and considering the Bears had given up, I think, two FGs in all the playoffs, that TD could have been a Rocky IV moment. "You hurt him! You see, he's not a machine". Maybe that could have given the Patriots the confidence they needed to make it competitive.....but I doubt it. That was the most fearsome dominating defense I have ever seen (with due respect to how fearsome and dominating the Raven defense was some years ago).

Stanley Morgan...

hey, the Bears ripped up Dawson's knee on the first play and the idiot started Tony "Waaaah...I'm a little turtle boy!" Eason instead of Grogs...by the time Grogs got inthere it was too late...Buddy Ryan had Dawson's knee taken out and said as much post game...THAT is why I hate all Ryans so much....scum...pure scum.

We had a shot if Grogs starts that game...not much of one BUT certainly a 1000 times better than Champagne Toe-knee.Next time you see Craig James on the tube just think...7 carries...ONE friggin yard....

Let me add that I also don't think I have ever seen a RB as visibly afraid as Craig James was in that SB. Not a good thing when your starting QB and your starting RB can be seen all but trembling before the ball was even snapped.

Can't say I can blame anyone for being full of fear as they look at the 85 Bears about to jail break towards you with a fair chance they will mangle your body. But for a pro football player to be so visibly fearful was an odd thing to see. With that kind of intimidation at work, the game was probably over before it even started.

And yes, Buddy Ryan was a punk! Loved seeing him shoot him mouth off about what he would do with the Eagles only to fail....

NO ONE had an answer for the 46 that season except, of all teams, the Miami Dolphins. Marino beat them and beat them good by using exactly what all 32 teams (well, 31...the Jets just suck at everything) do to counteract the look today.Teams just run unbalanced offensive looks at the weakside DE and rip the 46 to smithereens.

By '87, it was yesterday's news and Ryan was unceremoniously fired 4 years later in Philly. He was roundly criticized by Jimmy Johnson for putting out bounties on Cowboy players,notably Aikman when they played in 89 and 90.

He went to Houston and tore apart THAT team by criticizing Gilbride's offense. Montan beat his vaunted defense as an old Joe in KC and that sent the Bud-mouth to Arizona where he meekly croaked and ended his NFL career. His son Wrecks takes right after him and has either learned or inherited every single scumbag trait the old man ever had.

**** him and his whole degenerate progeny.

i love rant threads....WHY ARE THERE TAXES....AHHHH

yeah, Straggs...Eason threw the only good pass of the day out of the six he threw before he went down with puzzy cramps...he hit Morgan right in the bread basket, both hands at the Chicgo 5 or 6 yard line and no one in front of him...the very next play the little squirmer overthrew a wide open Stephan Starring in the EZ...wide friggin' open and Tony the Mope blew the gimme...Eason went 0-6 and left after getting sacked by Richard Dent...I think the injury was "he hit me too hard!!!".....we passed on Marino to draft that cupcake...krist, now I'm sick to my stomach again...

NO ONE had an answer for the 46 that season except, of all teams, the Miami Dolphins. Marino beat them and beat them good by using exactly what all 32 teams (well, 31...the Jets just suck at everything) do to counteract the look today.Teams just run unbalanced offensive looks at the weakside DE and rip the 46 to smithereens.

By '87, it was yesterday's news and Ryan was unceremoniously fired 4 years later in Philly. He was roundly criticized by Jimmy Johnson for putting out bounties on Cowboy players,notably Aikman when they played in 89 and 90.

He went to Houston and tore apart THAT team by criticizing Gilbride's offense. Montan beat his vaunted defense as an old Joe in KC and that sent the Bud-mouth to Arizona where he meekly croaked and ended his NFL career. His son Wrecks takes right after him and has either learned or inherited every single scumbag trait the old man ever had.

**** him and his whole degenerate progeny.

Remember the fight with Gilbride on the sidelines? classic

yeah, Straggs...Eason threw the only good pass of the day out of the six he threw before he went down with puzzy cramps...he hit Morgan right in the bread basket, both hands at the Chicgo 5 or 6 yard line and no one in front of him...the very next play the little squirmer overthrew a wide open Stephan Starring in the EZ...wide friggin' open and Tony the Mope blew the gimme...Eason went 0-6 and left after getting sacked by Richard Dent...I think the injury was "he hit me too hard!!!".....we passed on Marino to draft that cupcake...krist, now I'm sick to my stomach again...

Damn, great memory Joker. The only reason I remember the dropped pass so well is my brother was adamant for years that the drop made that a completely different game.
So am I remembering it wrong or was Eason in that SB the most visibly afraid QB you have ever seen?

Damn, great memory Joker. The only reason I remember the dropped pass so well is my brother was adamant for years that the drop made that a completely different game.
So am I remembering it wrong or was Eason in that SB the most visibly afraid QB you have ever seen?

Your remembering right, it got to the point when a Bear got near him he turtled, I was pissed and felt sorry for him at the same time. Im not sure if Stanley Morgan hangs on to the ball its a different game, they still would have rattled Eason.

I was in the midst of my season ticket years back then..Section 206...I sat with the same fifty/sixty people for every game for over fifteen years...set up the tailgate in Lot 17 every Sunday right along the front row along RT 1...we'd make enough tailgate for hundreds and feed whoever wandered in, game after game, year after year..but it was the friends we all made, to this day, just tremendous, caring ,giving salt of the earth hardcore Pats fans...more than a few of us have gone on to the Big Razor in the sky but those were good days and great times. Like I've said here many times, ANY Pats game was a good game...sure we were always scuffling for wins and had down years but those fans were ALWAYS UP...always hard core...thered be 25,000 in the stands and Schaeffer would look half ewmpty but 206 was ALWAYS filled. The south end zone was like that too (east end zone was it?).

I remember distinctly, as we marched through the playoffs on the road and kept in touch with each other, not one of us in that big crew of Pats fans wanted Tony Eason to even be mentioned as a starter in that game. That call came right from the top...worst organizational decision ever IMO.

Anyway, it's all gone now...when they offered me and the others in 206 seats up in the 300's at 30,000 feet...that's when the party ended. Lot 17 got paved and it's all cookie cutter,mini-Weber grill world now....the only certainty besides death and taxes...change.

how many STHs do you think are in each section? if the section has 1,300 people...how many are STHs you think?

Your remembering right, it got to the point when a Bear got near him he turtled, I was pissed and felt sorry for him at the same time. Im not sure if Stanley Morgan hangs on to the ball its a different game, they still would have rattled Eason.

Thanks for the refresher. Yep, now I definitely remember (turtling) and remember feeling the same thing.....even a little embarrassed for him.
I guess the positive for Eason is he came back the next year and had a pretty good season. Didn't play so well against Denver in the playoffs but at least the last memory of him wasn't sucking his thumb in the fetal position in front of a Super Bowl audience.

I was in the midst of my season ticket years back then..Section 206...I sat with the same fifty/sixty people for every game for over fifteen years...set up the tailgate in Lot 17 every Sunday right along the front row along RT 1...we'd make enough tailgate for hundreds and feed whoever wandered in, game after game, year after year..but it was the friends we all made, to this day, just tremendous, caring ,giving salt of the earth hardcore Pats fans...more than a few of us have gone on to the Big Razor in the sky but those were good days and great times. Like I've said here many times, ANY Pats game was a good game...sure we were always scuffling for wins and had down years but those fans were ALWAYS UP...always hard core...thered be 25,000 in the stands and Schaeffer would look half ewmpty but 206 was ALWAYS filled. The south end zone was like that too (east end zone was it?).

I remember distinctly, as we marched through the playoffs on the road and kept in touch with each other, not one of us in that big crew of Pats fans wanted Tony Eason to even be mentioned as a starter in that game. That call came right from the top...worst organizational decision ever IMO.

Anyway, it's all gone now...when they offered me and the others in 206 seats up in the 300's at 30,000 feet...that's when the party ended. Lot 17 got paved and it's all cookie cutter,mini-Weber grill world now....the only certainty besides death and taxes...change.

Anyone sitting on the cold aluminum benches of the half empty stadium watching that 90 team is the definition of fan!. You ought to have a special emblem or character awarded your screen name for that :D.

I think that season had more moments of comedy value than competitive football watching...

I think BB, Brady & Co. will be loaded for bear come Sunday (quietly, of course down there in their foxhole in Foxboro).

Sorry, Deb, but you couldn't've displayed a more astonishingly complete ignorance of the mentality of Coach Bill, General Tom, and the rest of the team if you'd tried.

1. If Graffney caught that ball in AFCC 2006, PATS would have crushed Manning's hopes.

:bricks:

He missed one or two, but he was extremely clutch in for us in 2006, and anybody who mistakes a player like Jabar Gaffney with Reche Caldwell ~ I physically cringed, the day we signed'm ~ ought to be banned for life. :mad:

Bad enough we have to live with all those other lies, twisted truths and innuendos that we have to accept this one as fact. :mad:

Who's "we"??
spock.gif

Speak for yourself, Ken.

1 ~ If stupid, weak or ignorant people want to allow themselves to get brainwashed, that's no concern of mine.

2 ~ Those who think for themselves ~ the only people who's opinions are worth caring about ~ know better.

In the 25 years I have been watching football I have never seen a QB as visibly afraid as Eason was in that SB. And in 25 years of football watching, I have never heard a player injury report say "stretched nerves" as a reason he was out of the game. There is NO doubt in my mind Grogan should have played that game from start to finish. Grogan took one serious royal beating like you will never see in today's NFL yet stood tall on EVERY play. Say what you want about Grogan but that guy had nerves of steel!

With that said, (if memory serves me) the Patriots drove on their first possession to the red zone. I forget who it was but the receiver had the TD pass RIGHT in his hands and just dropped it (not a Baltimore 2011 AFCCG drop, an actual 'just dropped it'). If that was held onto and considering the Bears had given up, I think, two FGs in all the playoffs, that TD could have been a Rocky IV moment. "You hurt him! You see, he's not a machine". Maybe that could have given the Patriots the confidence they needed to make it competitive.....but I doubt it. That was the most fearsome dominating defense I have ever seen (with due respect to how fearsome and dominating the Raven defense was some years ago).

The Pats didn't drive into the red zone on their first possession. The Bears won the toss and elected to receive, but they fumbled right away, giving the Patriots the ball in unbelievable shape. But the Pats went 3-and-out, including that drop by Morgan, and were forced to kick the field goal.

Slant pattern with Morgan coming off the left. Eason hit him perfectly.....whoops. All downhill from there.

The most disappointing thing for me about that game was how poorly the Patriots' defense played. I can understand getting crushed by the Bears' defense - that happened on a weekly basis. But the Bears' offense, while good, wasn't all-world (#7 in the league in yards gained), and the Pats' defense that year was very good. #6 in points allowed, #7 in yards allowed, featuring some great, great players (Veris, Tippett, Nelson, Blackmon, McGrew, Clayborn, etc.). No way should they have allowed the Bears' offense to romp all over them (allowed 408 yards).

That should have been something like 20-10. Which is pretty similar to what their regular season matchup was (20-7, Bears).

I've been defending this play forever. Sick of people saying this as well, it drives me freagin' nuts. Sterling Moore was a nobody that made a play to basically get us to the Superbowl.

Point Blank.

He deserves alot of credit for this play, it was greatly defensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back