PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just can't STAND it any more - Warning this is a rant!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys need to understand that the rest of the world is just sick of looking watching the pats.

in the last 19 years,

- they have been one of the last 12 (made the playoffs) 14 times
- they have been one of the last 8 (divisional) 11 times
- they have been one of the last 4 (CC) 8 times
- they have been one of the last 2 (SB) 6 times and could be 7 if things go by the odds

one can say that the pats are hoggin' alot of air time

has there ever been a 20 year period like that for any team?

so don't get jiggy if someone complains......you are happy and they are envious

Exactly. You plan your strategy in the foxhole while the other guy thinks you're asleep. Then, come game time you swarm out of it with a vengeance.

In a real Foxhole you don't sleep, you just take a knee.

Oh well, I guess it's better to take a knee than to be arrogant and go for it on 4th and 2.

:eek:

Ravens may have beaten the #1 seed, the Denver Broncos, but they're about to play the real #1 seed, the New England Patriots.

Broncos are overrated as the #1 seed and I'm not surprised that they lost at home.

Ravens played one hell of a game, but they're about to face a deeper, more physical and mentally tough team in the New England Patriots. This team isn't even close to what they saw in week 3 or even last season in the AFC title game.

Going into week #17, the best regular season AFC team, the Pats, was looking to be getting the 3rd seed unless some other teams stumbled, but as it worked out, by the time the Pats-Texans kicked off on Sunday, they had essentially become the de facto #1 seed.

:rocker:

What If game:

1. If Graffney caught that ball in AFCC 2006, PATS would have crushed Manning's hopes.
2. If the Refs whistled the play after 15 sec or Seymour brought Manning down in 2007 SB or the helmet catch did not happen, we would have another SB.
3. If Welker caught that ball last year, another SB.

This games can be played by any one and every one.

Yup. Sure, the Ravens "could" have won last year but the Mediots keep saying that they "should" have won last year.

What If game:

1. If Graffney caught that ball in AFCC 2006, PATS would have crushed Manning's hopes.
2. If the Refs whistled the play after 15 sec or Seymour brought Manning down in 2007 SB or the helmet catch did not happen, we would have another SB.

Amen.

We'd be discussing the Patriots going for their 7th SB ring right now.......

(How sick is that?)

Last edited:
Another pet peeve:

“If I have to pick between Joe Montana and Tom Brady, it’s an easy choice -- I go with the guy who never lost when it mattered.”

----
fact:
All playoff games matter. Lose and you go home. Montana lost 7 times in 23 chances when it mattered most. Brady has lost 6 times in 22 chances when it mattered most.

Put it this way, would it have been better if the Niners had lost yesterday, since (some say) it didn’t matter, as opposed to winning yesterday, winning this Sunday , and then losing when (some say) it really matters, on Feb 3?

Of course not. Finishing second best beats finishing tied for 5th/6th/7th/8th best any day. A conference championship is a positive accomplishment, one that Montana achieved less often.

Tom isn't there until we get that fourth ring, but WHEN he does, the secondary accomplishments do make a difference.

Yup montana never lost two nfccgs :rolleyes:

Lets face a couple of facts here.

1) With the level of success that the Pats have enjoyed since 2001, we are now a widely loathed franchise in much the same way that the Cowboys of the 70's were hated by just about everyone who wasn't a fan of Dallas. Hell, I hated the Cowboys in the 70's and how much they won and their stern coach and the squeeky clean QB!
Sound vaguely familiar to anyone?

2) Most of the mediots nationally are young enough where if you told them you were at the game Darryl Stingly game, they'd say, "Who"? Most of the fans on this site would probably ask the same qustion! So, the national media generally don't remember the horrific days of knowing what it was like to be a Pats fans in the 80's and right on up until we went 1-15 and won the right to draft Drew Bledsoe in the early 90's. All they know is what they've seen for the last decade + and they are all damn sick of it. I would be too if I wasn't so busy orgasming over this streak of good fortune.

We are footballs equivelent of the New York Yankees, whether we as Pats fans see it or not. I'll take it though and everyone else can go to hell. Here's to another 5-7 years on top of all the other the bastads!!!!

Cheers

OK, now I need to rant against this rant.

The Pats are most assuredly NOT football's equivalent of the NY Yankees.

One has enjoyed a sizeable financial advantage over the competition, allowing them to almost literally buy championships. If we play Monopoly and you get the normal $1500 to start while I get $10,000, I am going to dominant in wins, even though we are playing on the same "field".

The Pats have dominated in a salary-capped league which is designed to promote parity, yet one team has consistently been on top year after year and rebuilt on the fly to stay there.

The salary cap forces tough decisions to be made and if the cap alone didn't discourage keeping gr8 teams together for extended periods, there is also the issue of injuries, in this collision sport, which can render star players into JAGs in one play.

No the Pats are NOTHING like the NY Yankees, and thank God for that!

As an addendum, has there ever been a gr8 team and HC more underappreciated and derided than the Pats and BB?

Having just read through 5 pages of "rants" is just awesome stuff! Lotta truth in some em too.......:rolleyes:

Another pet peeve:

“If I have to pick between Joe Montana and Tom Brady, it’s an easy choice -- I go with the guy who never lost when it mattered.”

----
fact:
All playoff games matter. Lose and you go home. Montana lost 7 times in 23 chances when it mattered most. Brady has lost 6 times in 22 chances when it mattered most.

Put it this way, would it have been better if the Niners had lost yesterday, since (some say) it didn’t matter, as opposed to winning yesterday, winning this Sunday , and then losing when (some say) it really matters, on Feb 3?

yes, I LOATHE this argument as well.

Let's imagine QB A has a 0-1 Super Bowl record and QB B has a 0-0 Super Bowl record. Which one would you prefer?

We should all agree that QB A is better because he at least got there. Think Steve McNair vs. Michael Vick. Is Vick's 0-0 SB record better than McNair's 0-1. I think not.

Why don't we see it that way with every record?

I think 3-2 actually is BETTER than 3-0 because that means you got to the biggest game FIVE FRIGGIN TIMES. That's amazing in itself. Now, I'll still give you that 1-0 is better than 0-4.

What If game:

You forgot to add if the officials called the blatant hold by O'Hara who got cleanly beat by Seymour and then proceeded to pull him off Manning from behind. When I re-watch that play that's actually what bothers me the most; O'Hara is behind Seymour with his arm wrapped around Seymour's grabbing the collar of Seymour's shoulder pads. Doesn't get much more blatant than that and there was an official staring right at it.

Yup montana never lost two nfccgs :rolleyes:

Joe lost two NFCCG and one AFCCG, making him 4-3 in championship game play. But hey, better to be curbstomped twice by the Giants on the Conference finals, than to lose close games to them in the Superbowl, right?

What If game:

I might not be recalling the correct play, but wasn't it Reche Caldwell who dropped the ball? Are we talking about the blatant drop the in end zone? If I recall that didn't actually impact the game because Jabar Gaffney made a helluva catch to score the TD only one play later. if you recall, Gaffney's catch was incredible where he was very close to stepping out prior to making a leaping sensational grab.

Peyton Manning gets the benefit of the doubt from the media. Gosh darn he's so swell to talk to. Coming back from all those neck surgeries, so he gets a free pass for being such a soldier. Brady throw that game-breaking pick though and you never hear the end of it.

Joe lost two NFCCG and one AFCCG, making him 4-3 in championship game play. But hey, better to be curbstomped twice by the Giants on the Conference finals, than to lose close games to them in the Superbowl, right?

So if my math is correct, that makes both Joe Montana and Tom Brady with 8-3 records in combined Super Bowl and Championship Games heading into this Sunday's events.

I can remember Asante Samual's not catching a sure INT costing us a SB and had Rodney gone for the ball on the Tyree Helmet catch and broke up the play rather than going for the big hit.......

I'm simply amazed at how some of you remember our losses.I'm
like Rain man when it comes to wins but losses....are we really
3-3 in SB?.:eek: :D

I'm simply amazed at how some of you remember our losses.I'm
like Rain man when it comes to wins but losses....are we really
3-3 in SB?.:eek: :D
3-4 if memory serves. Hopefully the ledger is squared in 2013.

Last edited:

Indeed, I forgot the Green bay loss(see:D)and yes the ledger
will hopefully be squared.

3-4? There was a Patriot team prior to BB/TFB?

I look back on the 85 game and think "really? that is the year it so happened an unknown Patriots team got hot and shot through the established top AFC teams? Just for the right to go up against THAT Bears team?".
I don't remember what the spread was for that SB, but I wouldn't have taken the Patriots +20.

3-4? There was a Patriot team prior to BB/TFB?

I look back on the 85 game and think "really? that is the year it so happened an unknown Patriots team got hot and shot through the established top AFC teams? Just for the right to go up against THAT Bears team?".
I don't remember what the spread was for that SB, but I wouldn't have taken the Patriots +20.

hey, the Bears ripped up Dawson's knee on the first play and the idiot started Tony "Waaaah...I'm a little turtle boy!" Eason instead of Grogs...by the time Grogs got inthere it was too late...Buddy Ryan had Dawson's knee taken out and said as much post game...THAT is why I hate all Ryans so much....scum...pure scum.

We had a shot if Grogs starts that game...not much of one BUT certainly a 1000 times better than Champagne Toe-knee.Next time you see Craig James on the tube just think...7 carries...ONE friggin yard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes