PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just can't see the pats losing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zburton

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm sure alot of you (or i hope alot of you) believe this too. I really think that the only team that would of had a good chance of knocking the pats out of the SB hunt was the colts and MAYBE the packers if they played their absolute best. However, while i try and not think down on the giants, as they are a good team... I can't see them beating the patriots, in my mind the only reason the pats were close to losing to the giants in week 17 was the records, forcing the ball to moss and what not could of played a significant factor.

In my mind the pats D will play every down like it's 3rd and out, and in nice arizona weather the chances of a dropped pass are very, very low. Sorry if this was just a bunch of rambling but i wanted to let it out. anyone else share these feeling or have anything to add?

The reason I thought it was close in week 17 was that BB game in with a very vanilla game plan and told his team just to go out and out-execute they and go for a couple records if you can.

I think he's currently SALIVATING on facing Eli again. As well as he's played these last few weeks, He's still Eli and he gets shaken and makes terrible decisions. He's still the same guy that threw a BOATLOAD of INTs this year (20), tied for most in the league.

I must admit, it's crossed my mind a few times. I feel better thinking to myself " Self, don't worry, somewhere at this very moment Bill Belichick is mentally dissecting the Giants piece by piece for the second time". I imagine Tom Coughlin throwing up his hands saying, "Let's just do what we did last time, we got close" I feel better, works every time

Funny. New England was supremely motivated to go 16-0, and the Giants were uncertain whether they would even give it a full effort the whole game (several news stories reported that Coughlin asked his players whether or not they wanted to play the 2nd half). Yet, with absolutely nothing to play for, the Giants thoroughly dominated the first 3 quarters of that game. If I was a Patriots' fan, I'd be really scared right now.
You're not, and for the most part; we're not.

Funny. New England was supremely motivated to go 16-0, and the Giants were uncertain whether they would even give it a full effort the whole game (several news stories reported that Coughlin asked his players whether or not they wanted to play the 2nd half). Yet, with absolutely nothing to play for, the Giants thoroughly dominated the first 3 quarters of that game. If I was a Patriots' fan, I'd be really scared right now.

I'd be concerned too the way the Chargers played the Pats on their home field. There will be no home field advantage in the Superbowl. This is not the same team that dominated the league early in the season. Teams have caught up to them a bit and have figured out ways to minimize the damage the Pats can do on offense to the point where one or two plays that go the direction of the other team could result in a loss. The Pats are still playing a little bit better than other teams but the margin for error has gotten much smaller.

Last edited:
Where are the Giants trolls? I've heard enough from the Chargers trolls. They're boring, and since their team is DONE, no longer relevant.

I'd be concerned too the way the Chargers played the Pats on their home field. There will be no home field advantage in the Superbowl. This is not the same team that dominated the league early in the season. Teams have caught up to them a bit and have figured out ways to minimize the damage the Pats can do on offense to the point where one or two plays that go the direction of the other team could result in a loss. The Pats are still playing a little bit better than other teams but the margin for error has gotten much smaller.

Someone has a gun to your head:
Patriots. Win or Lose?

You're partially right. The Giants are good and have momentum. Coughlin is smart. But how does he gameplan for the fourth quarter? None of the Pats' opponents could stay with us when the game was on the line. The Pats scored 22 unanswered points against the Giants in the second half. The Chargers had the ball for 3 minutes in the fourth Q in the AFCCG. The Colts and Cowboys couldn't hold their leads and faded against us. If you figure out how to control the line of scrimmage at crunch time, when nobody else has done so this year, then you might have a game.

Pats can lose. Here is how - Brady has a bad day and their opponent has a good one.

Truth is I don't think any opponent can beat us when he is right. It doesn't even matter if our defense plays mediocre. It Tom is on his game - he will find enough recievers and win.

Not a chance, the nice climate has a Patriots blowout written all over it.

The reason I thought it was close in week 17 was that BB game in with a very vanilla game plan and told his team just to go out and out-execute they and go for a couple records if you can.

I think he's currently SALIVATING on facing Eli again. As well as he's played these last few weeks, He's still Eli and he gets shaken and makes terrible decisions. He's still the same guy that threw a BOATLOAD of INTs this year (20), tied for most in the league.

I agree. As I said in another thread, I think BB let go a nice smile when the
Giants won.
Since he just studied this team just a few weeks ago he'll have more time
to devise a strategy to pressure Manning.
It's scary to think of what he can come with the extra time.

Pats can lose. Here is how - Brady has a bad day and their opponent has a good one.

Actually, Brady had a horrible day last Sunday, but the Pats still managed to beat a better team than the Giants.

I'm not saying a Pats loss is improbable.... But it's kind of like an airplane crash. A lot of components have to fail at the same time in order to create the environment where a catastrophic failure could occur.

Funny. New England was supremely motivated to go 16-0, and the Giants were uncertain whether they would even give it a full effort the whole game (several news stories reported that Coughlin asked his players whether or not they wanted to play the 2nd half). Yet, with absolutely nothing to play for, the Giants thoroughly dominated the first 3 quarters of that game.
The Giants didn't dominate, the score overstated their play thanks to the bad coverage on the kickoff after that stupid 15 yard penalty. The Patriots won that game statistically across the board except for running yards and that was with no Neal, no Kaczur, no K. Brady.

390 yards to 316. 36 to 24 time of possession. The NYG were 4-4 on getting TDs in the game - that's what kept them in it. We need to play better Red Zone defense and that's a wrap on the game IMO. We should score plenty, the NYG red zone defense is as bad as ours statistically and we all know that ours has been a lot better overall since the first month.

If I was a Patriots' fan, I'd be really scared right now.
Really??? Why?? A vanilla game plan..the last of 16 reg season games?? Scared?? Of who why??

The Giants didn't dominate, the score overstated their play thanks to the bad coverage on the kickoff after that stupid 15 yard penalty. The Patriots won that game statistically across the board except for running yards and that was with no Neal, no Kaczur, no K. Brady.

390 yards to 316. 36 to 24 time of possession. The NYG were 4-4 on getting TDs in the game - that's what kept them in it. We need to play better Red Zone defense and that's a wrap on the game IMO. We should score plenty, the NYG red zone defense is as bad as ours statistically and we all know that ours has been a lot better overall since the first month.

Yep, the Giants haven't even played us at our peak! OL is now healthy / our defense is now becoming a red zone force!!!

End of the cinderalla season for Gmen!! PATS TO STAY PERFECT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes