PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just can't move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I just can't move on.....

Well hopefully this will help. In the early days of the Patriots we were bums. Yep. Really bums. I think we had two out of three years in early 90's where we went 1-15. And you know what, we had fun going to the games and still loved our Pats.

I honestly feel this was the hardest year for me as a Pats fan. Really hard. Listening to all the BS and wishing for a 19-0 just to silence the fools. Now the fools of the world have more fire and anger. It was much easier when we were bums.

But that is the easy way out. Be a bum and no one cares. But we have something special and the world is trying to change that. I understand it somewhat because I realize that there is very little intelligent life on this planet. I also realize the most intelligent folks in our country live in New England. Kind of a bold statement, but I have lived all over this country, trust me, what I say is true.

So, I guess what I really have to say is be proud of our team and coach. They played hard, and 18-1 is nothing to feel bad about. Nope, not at all.

Second thing is, your family and life is SO much more important than football. Darn, we care because it is our fun for a large part -- and darn we had a ride.

But seriously, the love of your family, a walk in the park, a walk on the beach, and good meal, good laughs, enjoying life in general is so much more important.

We are OK as NE Patriot fans. The fools of the world can say what they wish, but we are NE Patriot fans. They can just flat out get over it.

Me, I have moved on. Tomorrow a walk on the beach with my dogs. Sounds good to me.

But I will be ready for next season.

Thanks - that does really help. Appreciate it.....

I had all the games on separate DVRs, after waiting two days I ran em all thru my shredder. Greatest team ever, bull$###. Was sick of all the media hype and in particular those awipes from Miami.

Can someone here please explain how are those players deal with thier lost the losing? Because I don't know how are they going to cope with it. I mean, as a fan; you guys cry, disappointed, depresses, bitter, angry, regrets, heartbreaks, such and such.

But for them players, I don't know what they going do to forget it and more on. Don't they have some kind psychology management class that they go to overcome the loss? Like having session with a therapist to make them feel better? Like last year AND this year, if I am one of those player on a team..I'd do more than just smoking marijuana. It amazing to see how these athletes abilities to overcome enornmous disappointment and continue to play years after years. I guess you gotta have the passions and desires to play football...plus a big paycheck..

Its like a mental block. I still can't reconcile with the fact that we lost. Honestly going over to watch the SuperBowl, I was the least nervous I had been for any game this season. I really thought it was in the bag. I was wrong ofcourse.

Man - it really hurts to realize what was at stake. Greatest Team of All Time. If we had won this - we would have been remembered for all times to come and we came very very close....

Its affecting my work, my family life - I am just sooo depressed. Maybe I need an Intervention!!!!!

ya ya the media in the east built you up. I felt the same way after the chargers lost in 06. We had the better team and probably the super bowl locked up but hey we lost. IT HAPPENS. May take months or years to get over it. But you will.

For me, last year felt worse, but this one is lingering longer. Because I know what could have been, perfection.

God, when you think about the fact we could have 5 superbowls right now...

Its like a mental block. I still can't reconcile with the fact that we lost. Honestly going over to watch the SuperBowl, I was the least nervous I had been for any game this season. I really thought it was in the bag. I was wrong ofcourse.

Man - it really hurts to realize what was at stake. Greatest Team of All Time. If we had won this - we would have been remembered for all times to come and we came very very close....

Its affecting my work, my family life - I am just sooo depressed. Maybe I need an Intervention!!!!!

You need a straight jacket and lots of drugs.
WTF with this crap.

=================================
Cmon friend grow a pair, it's just a game.

18 and 1, and you can't move on.

MY team went 4 and 12, and you can't move on.

Gain some perspective, sheesh.

You do not understand, you aren't helping.

I feel ya brother! But make no mistake, this team will be remembered for all time to come--unfortunately (and undeservedly) for a very different reason.

You really shouldn't let football affect your work and family life. I know it sucks...but there are other things.

I needed to find something to lighten the situation while subsequently slightly demeaning the Giants (I live in SW CT so I tons o' Giant stuff). WFAN was looking to name the flukish manning escape helmet catch play.. they are calling it "Catch-42"... I call it "The Lucky Snatch"...see ya next year Eli.. ;)

don't think NE will make the playoffs next yr cos they wont. they will have the Mother of all Super Bowl Hangovers. theres no way they wont. not with the way SB42 ended

You're blind ... still one of the most talented NFL teams.

If you'd watched the game with the mindset that there was a possibility New England could lose as opposed to the expectation they wouldn't, maybe it wouldn't have been so tough to swallow. Any given Sunday, as the saying goes. Heh, imagine what it's been like being a die-hard Jets fan for 40 years. That should make you feel better immediately.

Of course you would print the shirts and books and stuff, you want them available right after the SB if we won. Man, I hate say "if we had won".

Just move on. No point in letting a football game effect your life.

I visited the site of a concentration camp in Germany yesterday.

Put a lot of things, including the loss, in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back