PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just can't move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Its like a mental block. I still can't reconcile with the fact that we lost. Honestly going over to watch the SuperBowl, I was the least nervous I had been for any game this season. I really thought it was in the bag. I was wrong ofcourse.

Man - it really hurts to realize what was at stake. Greatest Team of All Time. If we had won this - we would have been remembered for all times to come and we came very very close....

Its affecting my work, my family life - I am just sooo depressed. Maybe I need an Intervention!!!!!

Re: I just can't move on.....

Are you from Boston? If so, you should revel in it. Fitzy was right, Bostonians have had it too easy lately, too happy. We all needed something to piss and moan over. Its in our blood. Boston was built on heartbreak, there's even a hill there named after it.

So now we have it. Enjoy and GFY :D

Join the club...Ive been going cold turkey on Sports tv , radio.. Only listening to PFW in progress but I cant take much more , things dont look or sound the same as they did last week... This will past, but just the thought that we are not the best team in history, when we were so close, makes it tough...

I felt worse after last year's loss. This is bad as well, but I still take comfort in knowing that we are the best team coming into next season. I hope.

It is a 5 step process, the first is denial, next comes anger.

Soon you will hit the aceptance stage, which is when you will be able to accept the season for what it was, one of the best seasons ever, full of many happy memories for you and your kind.

Hope this helps.

You've got to block out those what ifs...i can understand that you haven't moved on yet bc its not even been a week, but the way I get myself through those moments of sadness is by focusing on next season. They will be back...you are not saying goodbye to the Pats and unfortunately for those other teams, neither are they.

You've got to block out those what ifs...i can understand that you haven't moved on yet bc its not even been a week, but the way I get myself through those moments of sadness is by focusing on next season. They will be back...you are not saying goodbye to the Pats and unfortunately for those other teams, neither are they.

Thanks - thats true. Only problem is "what was at stake". To be possibly the greatest of all time - that is something that comes once in a lifetime - I thought it would come in mine. Came to a grinding halt. Only part that makes it a bit more acceptable is the fact that we played badly and kin dof deserved to lose the 19th game. Not sure why they just didn;t seem confident.

My theory is the fact that TB was on the bench for most of the 1st Quarter which really didn't help him. He looked agitated. No intensity on his face. He is better when he is doing more screaming on the sidelines.

Oh well - only thing that will redem this feeling is 19-0 next season!

I guess I have moved past it except for the fact I haven't read the sport pages of any newspaper since Sunday where I read them every day.

It sucks to be that close to perfection and not get it, but I guess I face facts and am ready to move on.

Here's the mother of all "what ifs".

What if Brady air mails Moss on the touchdown and we have to kick a FG?

If the game had played out the same, we would have gotten the ball back with over a minute and three time outs in a tie game.

Oh well - only thing that will redem this feeling is 19-0 next season!
=================================
Cmon friend grow a pair, it's just a game.

18 and 1, and you can't move on.

MY team went 4 and 12, and you can't move on.

Gain some perspective, sheesh.

If the game had played out the same, we would have gotten the ball back with over a minute and three time outs in a tie game.

I actually thought that the TD hurt us as we were up by 4 and the Giants had nothing to lose - they had to go for it on 4th down. If we were up by 3 by any chance - they woudl have gone for the field goal and if it was tied - yes - they would have punted on 4th and 1.......

It just wasn't our night. Its funny while watching the game from beginning to end - I never had a confident feeling and when they went for it on 4th and 13 - it told me that the PATS are playing against their regular game plan. Very, very odd. THey shoudl hav 100% gone for the FG at 4th and 13.....

It is what is it. Don't let this game affect your life and work. It is time to move on.

18 winning games + a lot of records = WELL DONE.

our team accomplished them in 19 weeks. It is one hell of a good team if you ask me.

There's whatif's on both sides...just as close as we were to winning all 19 games we were close to losing one (ie ravens, eagles, etc.) This was an amazing season and though trust me id rather have the superbowl, those records are still there (I for one am glad I no longer have to hear the idiocy about Brady not being the best bc he never lead the league in any statistical area, being a system qb, etc.). Next year we will be back with a vengeance and I think its quite possible for us to win some more superbowls before all is said and done. Screw being the best team of all time, lets go for the best DYNASTY of all time...i mean perfection is amazing, but trust me i dont know anybody who believes the fins of 72 are the best team of all time (id take the 85 bears/the Niners). Let's get more superbowls! We still have a great shot at history...what other current team can say that?

Last edited:

=================================
Cmon friend grow a pair, it's just a game.

18 and 1, and you can't move on.

MY team went 4 and 12, and you can't move on.

Gain some perspective, sheesh.

yeah, but you've had since october to mourn your season --- we've only had a week.
give us some time, dude.

Get some bubble wrap, spread it all over your floor, and jump up and down on it. :)

yeah, but you've had since october to mourn your season --- we've only had a week.
give us some time, dude.

================================
True that. I can't say I am not use to seeing my favorite team lose.

Just saying things could of been alot worse. I would not mind the Jets trading seaons with the Pats, Spy gate include.

HOLY SHYT, I had not thought of that. You're right, they would have punted on 4th & 1.

Ahhhh SHYT, WTF! :bricks:

================================
True that. I can't say I am not use to seeing my favorite team lose.

Just saying things could of been alot worse. I would not mind the Jets trading seaons with the Pats, Spy gate include.

Fair point, in that Pats fans got a ton of entertainment this year, and the last few years. It does mean, though, that the pain is enormous at the end. So, who knows.....it's better to have loved & lost than blah blah blah

Its like a mental block. I still can't reconcile with the fact that we lost. Honestly going over to watch the SuperBowl, I was the least nervous I had been for any game this season. I really thought it was in the bag. I was wrong ofcourse.

Man - it really hurts to realize what was at stake. Greatest Team of All Time. If we had won this - we would have been remembered for all times to come and we came very very close....

Its affecting my work, my family life - I am just sooo depressed. Maybe I need an Intervention!!!!!

Well hopefully this will help. In the early days of the Patriots we were bums. Yep. Really bums. I think we had two out of three years in early 90's where we went 1-15. And you know what, we had fun going to the games and still loved our Pats.

I honestly feel this was the hardest year for me as a Pats fan. Really hard. Listening to all the BS and wishing for a 19-0 just to silence the fools. Now the fools of the world have more fire and anger. It was much easier when we were bums.

But that is the easy way out. Be a bum and no one cares. But we have something special and the world is trying to change that. I understand it somewhat because I realize that there is very little intelligent life on this planet. I also realize the most intelligent folks in our country live in New England. Kind of a bold statement, but I have lived all over this country, trust me, what I say is true.

So, I guess what I really have to say is be proud of our team and coach. They played hard, and 18-1 is nothing to feel bad about. Nope, not at all.

Second thing is, your family and life is SO much more important than football. Darn, we care because it is our fun for a large part -- and darn we had a ride.

But seriously, the love of your family, a walk in the park, a walk on the beach, and good meal, good laughs, enjoying life in general is so much more important.

We are OK as NE Patriot fans. The fools of the world can say what they wish, but we are NE Patriot fans. They can just flat out get over it.

Me, I have moved on. Tomorrow a walk on the beach with my dogs. Sounds good to me.

But I will be ready for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots