PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope we roll the dice once

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With these 4 picks in the first two rounds, I hope (and we can afford to) roll the dice once.

What I mean is take a flier on a receiver, a fallen runningback, BPA. Examples would be Donald Brown and Percy Harvin.

So, if someone were to fall a good distance, who would you roll the dice on?

Trade up for Aaron Curry if he falls to 8 or lower. Possibly trade up for BJ Raji or Andre Smith if they falls to 12 or lower - only if BB is really convinced that their issues are manageable. Trade up for Malcolm Jenkins if he falls to 15 or lower.

Otherwise I roll the dice on Connor Barwin at 23. The only other player I would consider is Maualuga, and only if BB felt he were a 3 down backer and could fit in the system, but I kind of doubt that.

Trade up for Aaron Curry if he falls to 8 or lower. Possibly trade up for BJ Raji or Andre Smith if they falls to 12 or lower - only if BB is really convinced that their issues are manageable. Trade up for Malcolm Jenkins if he falls to 15 or lower.

Otherwise I roll the dice on Connor Barwin at 23. The only other player I would consider is Maualuga, and only if BB felt he were a 3 down backer and could fit in the system, but I kind of doubt that.

Is BB targeting Andre Smith? Does he think Smith will fall past Cincy?

Is BB targeting Andre Smith? Does he think Smith will fall past Cincy?

I have no idea who BB is targeting. I think he must like more than one player. I wouldn't be surprised if Andre Smith were one of the options he was considering, but unlike some I have no crystal ball.

I think they will roll the dice....at least once..always happens...abd there is the annual WTF moment...But they know what they are doing ...

Sometimes when you roll the dice it comes up....

Snake eyes! (~@,,@~) Snake eyes!

Not saying if that's a good thing or bad.........

With these 4 picks in the first two rounds, I hope (and we can afford to) roll the dice once.

What I mean is take a flier on a receiver, a fallen runningback, BPA. Examples would be Donald Brown and Percy Harvin.

So, if someone were to fall a good distance, who would you roll the dice on?

You like fliers....stay tuned for my seven round mock...hopefully to be posted within the next 15 minutes. You'll get your fliers.

I like Barwin a lot, but I think he's going to be there at 34. If I thought he was going to go between 23 and 34, then I'd move up from 34, but I don't think we use 23 on him.

I have no idea who BB is targeting. I think he must like more than one player. I wouldn't be surprised if Andre Smith were one of the options he was considering, but unlike some I have no crystal ball.

lol but you do have one that says 40% chance he falls out of the top 8! ;) Unlike SOME I choose not to believe every single piece of crap that's flung on the wall with just 24 hours b4 the draft.

You like fliers....stay tuned for my seven round mock...hopefully to be posted within the next 15 minutes. You'll get your fliers.

:singing:

My idea of a gamble would be to pass on Darius Butler at 23, and hope that he's still there at 34.

According to WEEI Bill is targeting Tyson Jackson

Or, maybe BB is expressing interest in Jackson to get KC to reach for him, allowing Curry or one of the top 3 OT to fall.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back