PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope we lose opening day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some of us want Pats to win 8 or 9 games.? Our expectation is too low for a talented team.

So opponent unseen you think it is a good idea to lose? Even to say and Indy or SD which would mean a significantly greater chance of having to play on the road aginst them in the playoffs?

Makes no sense at all.

ok, alright, whatever, never mind, just going a mourning period. forget it. sheeeesh :)

These kind of comments come from fans who think the team owes them something. I cannot stand those kind of fans that act like THEY are special because their teams wins. Those fans also always feel LET DOWN by their team.

Personally, if we were going to lose the SB, the best case would have been to be 18-0 before it. There are 18 other games besides the SB, and I want to win all of those too.

We don't even know who we will be playing opening day and how that will effect the playoff picture down the road. Yet, someone is advocating that we lose the opening game?:eek:

I don't think we will go 18-0 this year, but I can't think of any team or any game that I hope we lose.

Personally, if we were going to lose the SB, the best case would have been to be 18-0 before it. There are 18 other games besides the SB, and I want to win all of those too.

I'll accept 18-0 record again if it is the case but I personally want to see pats win all 19 games in this season.

Just because we didn't accomplish it in the last 3 mins, it doesn't mean that we can't do it again. I don't care what other say about running up the score.

If pats didn't run up the score last season, we would not see all new NFL records.

I'm a Pats fan and I expect NOTHING but the BEST from Pats.

If your hoping your team loses then you really aren't a fan at all, any fan wants their team to win all the games they play.

I just can't fathom anything else like "I love the pats but I hope they lose." If that sounds dumb because it is.

I can't believe you're crapping your pants in March.

Just like guys like you are not only putting an incomplete team as of now,especially on defense in NE and saying they are going 16-0 or 19-0 Bull Sh!t or the Pats are going to win the SB when you don't even have a clue of the other starting Cornerback besides Hobbs or the other Linebackers yet besides Thomas,Bruschi and Vrabel

Thats no better than what I said...

i know this is trendy to say because it makes sense in a really stupid way

but the key word is stupid

you don't root for your ******* team to lose

thank you, that is my exact view...

i hope next year we go 19-0...i doubt it...

waht i see for the Pats in next year is either 1,2,3 or at most 4 losses, and a SB win

I disagree with you there, although I'll never root for the Pats to lose. (Well, I wanted them to lose years ago to get the top pick in the draft, but that turned out to be Ken Simms, so that shows how karma will get you anyway.)

I will root for the Pats to win every game, and only 19-0 will ever fully erase the sting of this season. But if you have to lose the Super Bowl, going 18-0 before it makes the loss worse. It just does. So in that sense, I at least understand the impulse of the OP, even though I reject his conclusion.

how much fun was it when we lost opening day in 2003 in Buffalo?

not much fun at all, I was there

thats why i will ALWAYS call the 2004 Patriots the best Patriots team ever, not the 2007 team.

Explain to me what about those four loses in 04 that makes that year so good. Yes obviously I will take 12-4 and a SB win anyday but the 4 loses have nothing to do with it. 12-4 with a SB is better than 18-1 without a SB no questions asked but its not like the 4 loses helped them win the SB.

The statement you should make is that if we lose it will not bug me as much as it used to because at least we wont have to hear all the undefeated talk. Personally I would love to hear the talk again because that would mean we are that good again.

To me,IMO,what the OP is really talking about is the fact that he does not want to see the Patriots in the limelight on TV constantly,He does not want to see the Patriots as special of thier own news on the bottom of the ESPN sports ticker,He does not want to see Pursuit of perfection all over the papers and on the internet.

I think he wants the old under the radar team that few talk about,The kind of team that is not playing poorly but not seen as unstoppable either,The OP IMO wants a team that wins consistently but is no standout but at the same time is well into contention and he wants maybe an early loss to keep the team under media wrath or attention.

And IMO thats not such a bad way of looking at it,I don't want to see the Patriots everyday and everywhere - Only on sundays or monday nights ..but then again, I will never wish for the team to lose ANYTIME either.

I though Michael Gee was no longer with us. Wanting to lose any game is not the attitude I want to see around here.

Personally, I want us to never lose a game ever again. I seriously doubt that the pressure of being perfect was the reason the Pats lost the Super Bowl. They were just outschemed and outplayed. Even then, we had several opportunities to win if Meriweather or Samuel held onto the ball or they brought down Manning on the last drive. I seriously doubt Samuel dropped a ball right to him because he was worried about whether they would go 19-0. I really doubt if the Pats went into the Super Bowl 17-1 that the outcome would be that different.

Another awful, newbie, short-sighted, jack-ass post. God.

Another awful, newbie, short-sighted, jack-ass post. God.

Agreed ! I think chances are they'll lose a game sometime during the season and we won't have to listen to everyone trying to figure how their cheating !

Site recommendation: It should be easier to add members to your ignore list. can we make this a one click operation?

Wow I am very pleased with the general response to this thread.

Believe it or not this guy isn’t the first to state this and I’ve certainly seen a good amount of people agree with him, which disgusts me.

WINNING IN WEEK 17 DID NOT MAKE OUR OFFENSIVE LINE ANY WORSE IN THE SUPER BOWL.

Guess what? I'm rooting for a win every game. Just like you'd do in any other year.

Another pursuit of perfection - does it scare some of you? Do you believe BB can't handle the pressure? Come on folks.

To me,IMO,what the OP is really talking about is the fact that he does not want to see the Patriots in the limelight on TV constantly,He does not want to see the Patriots as special of thier own news on the bottom of the ESPN sports ticker,He does not want to see Pursuit of perfection all over the papers and on the internet.

I think he wants the old under the radar team that few talk about,The kind of team that is not playing poorly but not seen as unstoppable either,The OP IMO wants a team that wins consistently but is no standout but at the same time is well into contention and he wants maybe an early loss to keep the team under media wrath or attention.

And IMO thats not such a bad way of looking at it,I don't want to see the Patriots everyday and everywhere - Only on sundays or monday nights ..but then again, I will never wish for the team to lose ANYTIME either.

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!!!BLESS YOU!!!!BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes