PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope we lose opening day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
I was fine after they lost to the Colts last year. I was excited about getting Moss, Welker, Thomas....etc. this year we'll do it! And we started winning......

now, im so sick of greatest ever talk and undefeated and all that stuff that turned out to mean NOTHING.....its like i hope it becomes a regular old, enjoyable 12-4 year.

I am grateful for what the Patriots gave us in 2007. But i sure liked 11-5 with a championship in 2001 a whole lot better. 2003 and 2004 too.

once again, the lesson is...stats mean nothing. glossy means nothing. great offense with mediocre defense means nothing.

there i feel better.....

this draft, i want defense! defense! defense!

i know this is trendy to say because it makes sense in a really stupid way

but the key word is stupid

you don't root for your ******* team to lose

I was fine after they lost to the Colts last year. I was excited about getting Moss, Welker, Thomas....etc. this year we'll do it! And we started winning......

now, im so sick of greatest ever talk and undefeated and all that stuff that turned out to mean NOTHING.....its like i hope it becomes a regular old, enjoyable 12-4 year.

I am grateful for what the Patriots gave us in 2007. But i sure liked 11-5 with a championship in 2001 a whole lot better. 2003 and 2004 too.

once again, the lesson is...stats mean nothing. glossy means nothing. great offense with mediocre defense means nothing.

there i feel better.....

this draft, i want defense! defense! defense!

none of your points explain why you want them to lose the first game. If we are 12-4 next year and we lose the super bowl will you be happy or will you say we can't go 12-4 next year...We have to go either 11-5 like in 01 or we have to go 14-2 like in 03 or 04.

I can't say it enough, the goal of every team every week is to win. Its that simple, you go into every week trying to win.

I'll NEVER root for a loss...in ANY situation. No way!

Nothing good comes from losing. Ever.

Giants vs Pats week 17?

They didn't gain anything by losing to us. If you want to argue that game gave them confidence it wasn't the loss it was the fact that they played good. if they had lost by more or had been blown out they would not have got the confidence (still may not have mattered).

none of your points explain why you want them to lose the first game. If we are 12-4 next year and we lose the super bowl will you be happy or will you say we can't go 12-4 next year...We have to go either 11-5 like in 01 or we have to go 14-2 like in 03 or 04.

I can't say it enough, the goal of every team every week is to win. Its that simple, you go into every week trying to win.

no, no no...the point is. WINNING the Super Bowl is what counts, not going 16-0. Give me 12-4 and a SB win anyday....

thats why i will ALWAYS call the 2004 Patriots the best Patriots team ever, not the 2007 team.

ok, then let them win opening day, but if they go 7-0 and i have to hear Cris Collingworth and Bob Costas have the "can they go all the way undefeated discussion" i may lose my mind.........:)

Giants vs Pats week 17?
Did I miss something ? Do we have any reason to believe we win the SB if we lose Week 17 ? Nope.

Did I miss something ? Do we have any reason to believe we win the SB if we lose Week 17 ? Nope.

I'm talking about for the Giants that loss energized them and gave them the confidence they needed to do what they did in the playoffs. Good came from a loss for them.

If we play Buffalo in week 1 and lose it may cost more than a loss,The division would also be a problem.

Like I said in earlier posts,If anyone in here thinks this team will walk over all 3 teams in this division you may be in for a rude awakening in the fall.

I think it will be much more competitive than last year and don't see anywhere near an 8 game gap like in 2007 - more like 2 games gap,maybe

All games ar eimportant and if its a division contest even more so - and it may very well be one of the 3 other division teams in week 1

This is stupid. We should track you down for the opening game and see if you are actively rooting against your favorite team.

My guess is no.

OK folks, back to basics. Winning is good...Losing is bad

no, no no...the point is. WINNING the Super Bowl is what counts, not going 16-0. Give me 12-4 and a SB win anyday....

thats why i will ALWAYS call the 2004 Patriots the best Patriots team ever, not the 2007 team.

ok, then let them win opening day, but if they go 7-0 and i have to hear Cris Collingworth and Bob Costas have the "can they go all the way undefeated discussion" i may lose my mind.........:)
loosing on opening day wont gaurantee a superbowl win

i don't really care about opening games. I only want 19-0 record in 08 season. Hopefully, Pats will deliver the good this time. With a new secondary coach and players, i expect nothing less but a perfect season.

if pats wins 19 games, it is INARGUEBLY THE GREATEST TEAM in NFL history. I want to see it in a WORLD RECORD book.

Last edited:
If we play Buffalo in week 1 and lose it may cost more than a loss,The division would also be a problem.

Like I said in earlier posts,If anyone in here thinks this team will walk over all 3 teams in this division you may be in for a rude awakening in the fall.

I think it will be much more competitive than last year and don't see anywhere near an 8 game gap like in 2007 - more like 2 games gap,maybe

All games ar eimportant and if its a division contest even more so - and it may very well be one of the 3 other division teams in week 1

I can't believe you're crapping your pants in March.

A 7 - 0 start probably pretty much guarantees a playoff spot. 5 - 2, e.g., doesn't. Pats could finish 8 - 8 with that start, which some talking head I heard this week had for a worst case Pats 2008 season. Not that I believe for a minute that we'll see that kind of season, but give me wins for as long as possible.

I think Giants winning 3 on the road in the play-offs energised them more than
a narrow defeat in week 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes