Welcome to PatsFans.com

I hope the posters from Mass are outraged by this!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mgcolby, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=130220

Worcester Superior Court Judge John McCann put Winchendon child molester Glen Wheeler on 10 years’ probation and an electronic monitoring bracelet - even though the 56-year-old con has racked up 11 probation violations, has an alias and went on the run for eight months before being tracked down at a Tampa, Fla., mosque. Wheeler was on the state police list of “most wanted high-risk sex offenders.â€
    “I’m disgusted,†said the mother of a 5-year-old girl molested by Wheeler. “What is the justice system there for? He should have been put back in prison.â€
    A divorced father of two, Wheeler was released from prison in 2004 after serving nearly five years for molesting and taking nude videos of seven young girls and boys over several years. The victims were friends of Wheeler’s daughters.
    He has refused a court order to register as a sex offender and even filed a lawsuit against the state, claiming that the order violated his civil rights. The suit was tossed out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Judges like this need to be removed.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

What else is to be expected from Mass, they are true Liberals, they hate Law And Order, some of the real Looney Liberal Jerks will say even this punishment is to "harsh".

Liberals themselves will force the return and the need of the "Vigilante"

The Muslims would "DePenis" this guy with a "steak knife"
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

That sentence could be reasonable under some circumstances.

I don't think it's the judge's place to evaluate whether or not his original sentence was appropriate, so the judge is simply looking at the guy's behavior since the sentence was imposed.

If the guy was a model prisoner and had prison guards and commuity leaders testify in his behalf, and did nothing but fail to make his whereabouts known, the penalty imposed sounds reasonable, especially if someone high up is encouraging judges to impose sentences that are less costly to the taxpayers.

I think 10 years with a monitoring device is not that light a sentence.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Believe it or not, most of us outside of rt. 128 are conservative and think this POS should be executed after he does 5 yrs in a special place with special men.
  5. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Patters?

How can you say that a pedophile "simply not telling" his probation officer that he left the state is not a big deal. First of all he can't tell his probation officer anything, he has to request his probation officer to transfer his probation to the state he wants to move to, which then has to be approved by that state's probation system. People on probation do not have the right to leave the state for any reason. Ask the people of Tampa if it is a big deal that an undocumented sex offender is living in their community. The fact that he ignored the law that requires him to register with the state as a sex offender, the guy deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life. I don't believe "therapy" can cure pedophiles or rapists.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd be hesitant to judge because we don't know the whole story, but it looks too lenient on its face.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

mgcolby, We don't really know what Glen Wheeler did in the first place. Why did he only get 5 years sentence in the first place? That in itself seems kind of odd. I think there's more to this story than we're being told. It doesn't add up.

Also, as much as righties would have you believe, liberals have no sympathy for child molesters. In fact, it's liberals that made child molestation and abuse issues in the first place. In Harry Boy's days, the righties would bend over backwards to cover up any sort of family scandal or talk about sex. To this day, righties oppose programs that make children aware of their rights and their body. For decades, the righties were essentially embarrassed by any talk of rape or child abuse, and chose to shove it under the rug, but then with the rise of sex education and women's rights things started to chage. People like Harry just grab onto this sort of sensation because it deludes people into thinking they really give a damn.
  8. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He set up an alias. He left the state. He defied the conditions of his probation (repeatedly).

The system did try to punish/rehab. This man failed to do his part. He deserves life in prison.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

These guys can't be rehabed, and they don't want to be anyway.
  10. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

For what he did to those children and I don't want to know the details he deserved more then 5 years but obviously he convinced a parole board that he was fit for society and then essentially went on the run to avoid being labeled what he is a child rapist. He deserves to be in jail!

I have no interest in turning this into a right left debate. This stuff should not have a "party" designated to it. How about we just say that all Americans should be for the toughest punishment possible for horrible crimes perpetuated against our children by scumbags like the savage in this story.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

mgcolby, I couldn't agree with you more, but let me tell you a few stories:
    (1) A Danish tourist got arrested in New York City a few years ago for having lunch at a deli, while leaving her baby carriage outside the deli. She simply did not understand life in New York and didn't realize she was endangering her child. (I think the charges were dropped.)
    (2) In Sweden, families sometimes hang out naked, and I was told by a Swedish friend that families will share the bathroom even while someone's using the toilet. Some of us would consider that perverse, but in Sweden it's normal!
    (3) Many years ago, I met someone who was a naturist and he, his wife, and kids regularly went to places where they hung out naked! I never saw them that way, but I did meet the family and they seemed perfectly nice and normal.
    (4) In Somerville, a few years ago, a woman got arrested for taking artistic nude photos of her young children.

My reason for telling those stories is it makes me wonder if there's more to this story than meets the eye or if the judge was indeed crazy. If the guy was a pervert who videotaped and molested children he should have never gotten parole so quickly in the first place. My suspicion is that maybe there's some other issue involved. If you do a search in Google for "Judge John McCann," you don't get the impression that he's some sort extremist.

I also believe that while punishment is very important, doing all we can to prevent abuse in the first place is more important, and if I have to choose where the money goes, I'd rather it went to helping prevent abuse than keeping someone who is unlikely to commit the crime again in prison for life.
  12. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

That is understandable Patters, but I honestly think that the majority of them if not all can't be cured. I believe (and this is only my opinion) that the a lot of them try to do the right thing when they get out or even before they commit their first crime. But they have an uncontrollable urge or impulse to do these things. Science hasn't caught up with a cure for that yet and until they do these people need to spend the rest of their lives in prison.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

They can't be cured.
    They don't want to be cured.

Castration
    Sterilization
    Life in prison
    Let them choose.

If our sick society and our disgusting judges can't or won't do something about these animals soon then Families of the molested children and concerned citizens will be taking matters into their own hands.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What's sterilization gonna do, other than make it harder to get DNA evidence? Don't you even know how your equipment works?
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Just a little extra inclusion to get the knee jerk liberals dancing around and blubbering about "civil liberties".

Maybe they should also be forced to have hysterectomy's voice box removal and dailey colonoscopy's.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Good save. Why don't you throw a few more medical phrases out there to hide the fact that you don't know how your d--k works.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

blah, blah, blah, blah :rocker:
    anthropleticlly surgeon and theslopoticlly removal of the spleen.
  18. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You cant FORCE therapy or rehabilitation on someone.

If this particular individual is a child rapist then he should be locked away forever.

If he is freed and its MY child he did this to, he'd WISH he were in prison.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

They want to SAVE and rehabilitate everybody (Except Bush) :singing:
  20. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I wish every night that I could go back to the days when I did not have first hand knowledge of these types of crimes. The pedophiles that I have arrested, it was no great big suprise to anyone who knew them at all. One was a Judge, the other a 320 lbs 47 year old stock boy who still lived with his parents. Watch your children, if you have a sick sense about someone, you are most likely right. The 320 lbs stock boy was molesting a friend's kids while all of them played Dungeons and Dragons together (their is a little truth behind every sterotype). They can not be helped, the are what they are, and need to be removed from society. The stock boy was looking at about twenty years, before we discovered the molestation, he will never see the light of day in Georgia again. I will say that Georgia has an interesting banishment clause in it's criminal law. the sentencing judge can banish the defnedent from ever returning to a county or counties. I know it didn't really work out well in Verona, but it helps with molestors and wife beaters.