PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope the Broncos practice in the mud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
Weekend forecast calls for showers during the Rev's soccer match the NIGHT before and during our Sunday night showdown. This is a terrific advantage for us - the Broncos are NOT a bad-weather team and their offense thrives on quick execution, something they probably will have a lot of trouble doing.

Divine intervention anyone? Maybe, just maybe :)

Good, with their rollouts, receivers and T. Bell they're a speed team - and their defense is based even more on speed.

Us, on the other hand . . . also if it's muddy I wonder if Dillon will get a larger split of the running game.

Last edited:
I think this will limit Plummer to the pocket and he'll be toast. As far as their D goes, their blitzes will be neutralized.

Let's also not forget that the stones are playing there on Wednesday`.. So that should tear up the field pretty good along with the revs!:D

While I do think a sloppy field will be to our advantage (the field was also already in bad condition for the home opener) I don't think we can say that the Broncos are not a bad weather team - they do, after all, play in Denver, which gets snow earlier than us as I understand it.

I also hear that cattle will be grazing on the field from Thursday through Saturday morning and on Sunday, the Pats will host a 2-ton run down the middle of the field. :singing:

PatsDeb said:
While I do think a sloppy field will be to our advantage (the field was also already in bad condition for the home opener) I don't think we can say that the Broncos are not a bad weather team - they do, after all, play in Denver, which gets snow earlier than us as I understand it.

Actually Denver is sunny about 2/3's of the year and I remember last January our game was played in the low-40s. They often play in ideal conditions. Last time they had a 'snow' game they blew a late 11-point team to Kerry Collins and the Raiders :eek: I also remember Vanderjagt(!) beating them during a snow game with a couple of late kicks.

Pointing to an earlier post, the Broncos are a speed team and this will be neutralized by a sloppy field.

BradfordPatsFan said:
I also hear that cattle will be grazing on the field from Thursday through Saturday morning and on Sunday, the Pats will host a 2-ton run down the middle of the field. :singing:

Ah, they moved the 2-ton run to Sunday :)

richpats said:
Actually Denver is sunny about 2/3's of the year and I remember last January our game was played in the low-40s. They often play in ideal conditions. Last time they had a 'snow' game they blew a late 11-point team to Kerry Collins and the Raiders :eek: I also remember Vanderjagt(!) beating them during a snow game with a couple of late kicks.

Pointing to an earlier post, the Broncos are a speed team and this will be neutralized by a sloppy field.

Yes, I believe Denver averages 320 sunny days a year, and the winters are really quite mild. A couple of years ago they had a 30-inch snowstorm, and I'm told it was all gone in 2 days!

I also think the mountains out there have received snow, above 10,000 feet. But that's a long ways from Denver.

I'll confess - I've been waiting for this game for 9 months now, and I'm going to enjoy every single minute of the beating the Pats are going to put on them!

Gawd, I can't wait for Sunday!

I don't know that I would call Denver a fair weather team. They play a lot of games in snow. At the end of last weeks game they stuck with Tatum Bell and stopped alternating. I would expect to see more Tatum and less Mike. I think we can stop their run or slow it down significantly but I worry about Plummer waking up and throwing off of roll outs. It would be good if Rod Smith doesn't play, he always kills us.

Regardless of what the weather in Denver is usually like, the Broncos are clearly a more speed dependent team than we are and a mud fest would be much to our advantage.

Also it will be nice not to hear that f*cking IN-COM-PLETE sh!t from their fans.

BelichickFan said:
Regardless of what the weather in Denver is usually like, the Broncos are clearly a more speed dependent team than we are and a mud fest would be much to our advantage.

Also it will be nice not to hear that f*cking IN-COM-PLETE sh!t from their fans.

Well, I don't know if they're more "speed dependent" than we are. Most of their runs are still between the tackles, and their O-linemen still chop-block. In that respect nothing has changed.

At WR? They lost their "fastest asset" at that position in Lelie, but that was clearly addition by subtraction. Javon Walker? He had 5 catches Sunday, and none of them could be labeled "impact" catches. In fact, he complained after the game about playing in an offense that requires him to block for the runners. I'm not kidding you!

At QB? Ahhh, this edition of the Snake I look forward to. This past Sunday Shanahan "dumbed down" the offense for Plummer in an effort to cut down on his miscues, and he's catching hell in the papers for the move. Among the things that were dumbed down were roll outs. He hasn't done well with them at all this season.

Their defense may enjoy some success with our passing game, which is suffering a bit of dysfunction at the moment. We'll see how they do against the run.

In any event, yes, they'll hear a different crowd reaction Sunday night, and won't that be a most pleasant change of pace?

richpats said:
Ah, they moved the 2-ton run to Sunday :)

That's because of the monster truck rally scheduled for Friday.

I want this win more than anything. Denver has been a pain in the ass and it's time for some payback.

Patriotic Fervor said:
Well, I don't know if they're more "speed dependent" than we are.
I was actually referring more to the defense. They have extremely fast LB, probably the fastest in the league. A slow turf would hurt their defense much more than ours.

richpats said:
Weekend forecast calls for showers during the Rev's soccer match the NIGHT before and during our Sunday night showdown. This is a terrific advantage for us - the Broncos are NOT a bad-weather team and their offense thrives on quick execution, something they probably will have a lot of trouble doing.

Divine intervention anyone? Maybe, just maybe :)

This past Friday the weathermen said it was going to rain all day Saturday and Sunday. They turned out to be to be two of the most beautiful days, sunny and in the 70's. The weather-people suck. They dont know what the weather is going to be like 5 minutes from now, never mind a week down the road. I'll wake up Sunday morning and figure out what I'm going to wear to the game.

Last edited:
I'm going to the game and I say bring on the rain. The crappier the weather the better for us New Englanders.

By the way I'll never forget Corey Dillon in that game against the Ravens in 2004 where is was really winding and absolutely pouring. The passing just did not work in those conditions and Dillon took the offense on his back absolutely brutalizing the Ravens defense. It was a signature game for him.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
really winding
Now this evokes some interesting imagery.

I'm not concerned about the weather, I'd be much happier to see Denver spanked in perfect conditions.

I hope their plane crashes into Indianapolis

RoughingthePasser said:
I hope their plane crashes into Indianapolis
Totally uncool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back