Welcome to PatsFans.com

I hope new taxes drives people to revolt!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 7, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

I just can't believe the insanity our gov't representatives are discussing. When the people of a nation are suffering, you DO NOT attempt to take more money from them. Economics 101 folks! :rolleyes:

Our gov't will not and can not drive economic growth and if taxes are raised, the current crisis will deepen and lengthen.

I hope the people of this country get angry enough to revolt against such decisions and just say,

"Hell no!"

We have got to find a way to express our unequivical stance against MORE TAXES. We need to MAKE those in Washington (and in our states) hear us loud & clear, "We are not willing to have our taxes raised" to make "Your idea" of gov't work. We don't want our gov't to get bigger and we don't want to give you more of our money to waste. This is OUR country, not theirs.

The anger is building folks, I guarantee it!
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Starve the beast.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Not only that, but while we starve it, we retrain it by voting out the incumbents. No more professional politicians living on pork. All money insurplus of Constitutionally described federal needs should be returned to the states on a per capita basis.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

I like that idea wistah!
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

In my world, if we could ever balance the budget we would not be allowed to increase spending by more than the rate of inflation.

Additionally, we would cut all expenditures except those that cross state borders. Pass all other costs down to the states. That would drastically reduce federal taxes and, yes, increase state and local taxes. But that is good because you have a more direct vote on things and are more likely to vote for what your local area/state needs as opposed to uncle sam passing out the goodies.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -13

Whne 43% of people don't pay taxes and most of those are collecting from the gov, well taxes and spending will go up and it will break the country.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

:rofl: ... you are now on the watch list PR.

Hide from people in suit coats with dark sunglasses, people wearing trenchcoats on a hot day ... and especially people in unmarked white armored vans.
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Guess you can't take the DC metro...
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

I thought they were black SUV's with tinted windows. And what about those helicopters that can go into silent mode?
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

There is no evidence of that. The tax cuts the Republicans point to as evidence of that came amid massive deficit spending. Of course, if you cut taxes and spend it will yield short-term gains, but the same is true if you raise taxes and spend.

Taxes are merely an economic tool. There is a season for cutting taxes and a season for cutting spending, but those are not the seasons we're currently in. Right now, capitalism is being kickstarted while protecting the victims of the recession, and trying to avoid despair in already depressed areas.

The income tax can be made more progressive to raise more revenue, without affecting the middle class. The money \in times of national crisis should come from discretionary income as well as estate taxes. In that regard, the middle class already pay enough, and those who reaped their fortunes thanks to the scandalous behavior of Wall Street are likely targets. If there's a more precise way than income tax to go over them I'd be all for it.
  11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

A good chunk of people on any rush-hour commute will be dressed in one or the other of the uniforms listed. And of course, the casual paranoid might be a tad spooked on particular days when there are dogs and assault rifles on the subway platforms.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

As long as the "middle-class" are those making $250K or less like Obama PROMISED all of us on his campaign.

Any renegging of that promise will totally blow away his credibility.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

I do think that's the key issue. I don't know why the Democrats are talking about a VAT or taxing health insurance, etc. They should be talking about making the income tax more progressive. Other solutions are not only unfair, they're politically foolish. I do think the problem is Congress more than Obama, except that Obama has enough political capital right now to get tough with Congress.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Revolt
    Thats what those peaceful little Tea Partys that the Liberal Democrats all went nuts over were about, remember 69 million people voted for Obama but "62 million didn't" that number will grow, there will be more Tea Partys.

Foolishness was a big factor in electing "the poster boy"
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

Don't you live in 85% dem controlled Taxachusetts? Their raising taxes should be obvious to you.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm not paying taxes anymore.

Besides, what's the worst that could happen?
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Aunt Zucchini's doing pretty good.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

20. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

You mean like in Michigan? There the governor Jennifer Granholm raised taxes when the state was in a recession. The toilet bowl flushing sound only got much, much louder.

And she's been rewarded by talk of being nominated to the US Supreme Court.

Where's the tax revolt? Well, I guess the dominant media isn't reporting them. They are out there, even in Michigan.

Local Tea Party group calls for return to basics - MLive.com

Why doesn't a state like Michigan, which has a dreadful economy, just offer a ten-year moratorium on business taxes, in an effort to lure prospective employers?

No, that would make too much sense.