PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I haven't seen anything official on Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ozzie will trade next years #2 to get the scoop from the Pats. :confused:

:D

Last edited:
Oh give me a break guys, ADALIUS IS COMING TO NEW ENGLAND.

Everyone around here is acting as if Thomas has been signed.

I haven't seen one single official report stating anything of the sort.

Guys, I have been clicking on this site once every ten minutes all day waiting for the official news, but I have still yet to see anthing.

Please let me know why everyone is suddenly sure this deal is done?

I've never seen these guys post speculation, (as a done deal).

http://www.theredzone.org/

JT the Brick also.

It's as much of a done deal as it could be at midnight on a Friday.

They have an agreement and need to work out the legal language and take a physical.

Everybody but God has chimed in on this one.:D

I dont blame the starter of this thread. This is such a great move that I cant still believe it. And because of that will be biting my nails until he signs it. Nothing is official until he signs. What if a team contacts his agent and offers much more then what? Is he obliged to come here...

I know it's my nerves..this is unbelievable :eek:

I will say this,noone here in Baltimore or ANYWHERE else is reporting this.You say he is in town for a physical and this is a done deal,dont you think someone else should be confirming this by now???? I mean there is nothing,nada from any reporters down here,and remember they coverd and had a good relationship with this guy for 6 years now.

I am starting to wonder,every other signing today has been confirmed within the hour after it leaked out via rumor.I hope for a lot of peoples sake these two reporters didnt get ahead of themselves.

I don't imagine it's a feel good story out there. Do you have radio, TV and the interenet in Baltimore?

Cue attacks on PFT in 5....4....3..2...1..

POSTED 9:59 p.m. EST; UPDATED 10:10 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007

THOMAS DEAL COMING?

John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have struck a "preliminary deal" with free-agent linebacker Adalius Thomas.

But we sense a certain uneasy quality about the report, and it lacks the same unequivocal feel that most reports of player signings posses. If that makes any sense.

We're not saying it won't happen. But, for now, we're not completely convinced that it will.

I dont blame the starter of this thread. This is such a great move that I cant still believe it. And because of that will be biting my nails until he signs it. Nothing is official until he signs. What if a team contacts his agent and offers much more then what? Is he obliged to come here...

Exactly.

His agent's phone will be ringing for at least 2 more hours tonight and about 5 hours tomorrow.

Some team could be sooo desperate and offer up a salary averaging 9 mil per season.

It is not a DONE DEAL until the contract is signed. Maybe Thomas gets mugged tomorrow morning and decides he hates Boston..maybe his wife doesn't like the weather tomorrow...so many things can happen...

The.contract.is.not.signed.yet.

They have an agreement. He wants to play here and we are motivated to get it done.

Relax. As Meion proved, even a contract doesn't guarantee anything.

Sorry dude,

That's not official.

If it contains "According to sources", it's not official.
What don't you understand about it? He hasn't signed yet and won't until he has a physical. Then it isn't official until the league approves the contract next Monday.

He and the patriots agreed to terms. That's as good as you are going to get tonight.

THOMAS DEAL COMING?

John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have struck a "preliminary deal" with free-agent linebacker Adalius Thomas.

But we sense a certain uneasy quality about the report, and it lacks the same unequivocal feel that most reports of player signings posses. If that makes any sense.

We're not saying it won't happen. But, for now, we're not completely convinced that it will.

Not sure why you keep harping on this. We got your point but many on here will assure you if Reiss wrote it - its as good as done!

Your team essentially let him walk. They just resigned Jarret so even if he doesn't sign with NE he is as good as gone as far as the Ravens are concerned. So why are you here challenging the report of the most respected Pats beat writer - with nothing more than your own baseless skepticism? :confused:

THOMAS DEAL COMING?

There's the key phrase.

So we have solid confirmation from reputable connected sources in newspapers, internet, TV and Radio.

What do we do? Go to the rumormill to question it.

You're a riot. Who writes your material?

Has Randy Moss been traded to any of the 8 teams the rumormill had himn definitely going to in the last 2 years?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Not sure why you keep harping on this. We got your point but many on here will assure you if Reiss wrote it - its as good as done!

Your team essentially let him walk. They just resigned Jarret so even if he doesn't sign with NE he is as good as gone as far as the Ravens are concerned. So why are you here challenging the report of the most respected Pats beat writer - with nothing more than your own baseless skepticism? :confused:

Meet Mr. Reality.:scared:

Dude relax,Im just saying that every other deal done today has been confirmed except this one.Im sure he will be a Patriot I just think it is a little odd that noone else can confirm this except reporters inside Boston.

Dude relax,Im just saying that every other deal done today has been confirmed except this one.Im sure he will be a Patriot I just think it is a little odd that noone else can confirm this except reporters inside Boston.

When are the Patriots ever an outgoing team when it comes to communications?

John Clayton and Adam Schefter are not Boston beat reporters.

And again, the report is not official, everyone agrees about that. Until Thomas physically signs a contract, he is not a Patriot player. We all understand this.

Jesus, this is not so complicated.

Scheffter and Clayton (I know..no need to comment) both reported on the negotiations throughout the day.

Banks from CNNSI hinted to it yesterday. You can add Curran as well, but I am not sure if he actually counts as a national guy or not. So, I would say there is more to this report than just having Boston reporters out there blowing smoke.

Last edited:
I'm smiling and feeling comfortable right now. When The Ink is on paper,.......

:eat3:..................

John Clayton and Adam Schefter are not Boston beat reporters.

And again, the report is not official, everyone agrees about that. Until Thomas physically signs a contract, he is not a Patriot player. We all understand this.

Jesus, this is not so complicated.

I am responding to the thread title,is that so complicated to understand???

Dont believe I was the one who brought up the question,that was a Patriots fan who did so and it got me wondering.

A quick OT question: WTF happened to Mortenson? Does he take vacation during the FA period? The guy is one of the most (if not most) reliable sources of information during the regular season and then seems to dissapear during the season where inside info is at a premium.

Just an observation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes