PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I haven't seen anything official on Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Everyone around here is acting as if Thomas has been signed.

I haven't seen one single official report stating anything of the sort.

Guys, I have been clicking on this site once every ten minutes all day waiting for the official news, but I have still yet to see anthing.

Please let me know why everyone is suddenly sure this deal is done?

Do you mean no Pats statement or something? Thomas hasn't had his physical, they aren't going to say anything until that happens. Tomorrow it'll be "official."

I spoke to a Patriots beat writer who I have always found reliable, and he said that his sources on this story are "rock solid."

It can't be made anymore official until he actually signs. Tomase and Reiss both reporting the same thing is as official as it gets at this point.

Do you mean no Pats statement or something? Thomas hasn't had his physical, they aren't going to say anything until that happens. Tomorrow it'll be "official."

Exactly. If you hold out for a Pats annoucement, then you will be waiting atleast until tomorrow. Monday before the paperwork will get through the NFL offices.

But lots of writers seems to be saying it. It has been on ESPN. This is as offical as you are going to get until the Pats annouce.

I guess I'm just scared!

Sorry dude,

That's not official.

If it contains "According to sources", it's not official.

well sarge, it won't be official till he passes the physical tomorrow.

Sorry dude,

That's not official.

Wow no offense but you are very very pessamistic

Sorry dude,

That's not official.

Sarge,

THis thing is going down - keep being a negative crank for another 24.

I guess I'm just scared!

Expect the best!

Expecting the worst is what Red Sox fans do.

(and I'm a Sox fan, too, but I still try to be optimistic)

Just on ESPNNews. They called it "a preliminary contract."

I guess I'm just scared!

We're all scared. If this falls through, find me the nearest bridge.:(

Still, like I said, this is as offical as unoffical can be.

I guess I'm just scared!

I understand. I felt this way, too, but the beat writer I was in contact with is incredibly reliable and responsible and his assurance that his sources are "rock solid" made me feel a lot better. This is a DONE deal.

Adalius Thomas, the soon-to-be newest Patriots linebacker, is already in town. He was spotted in Boston today and is due to have a physical in Foxboro tomorrow. Once he passes, he’ll sign one of the richest contracts in team history, one that should include between $15 and $20 million of guaranteed money.

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

I will say this,noone here in Baltimore or ANYWHERE else is reporting this.You say he is in town for a physical and this is a done deal,dont you think someone else should be confirming this by now???? I mean there is nothing,nada from any reporters down here,and remember they coverd and had a good relationship with this guy for 6 years now.

I am starting to wonder,every other signing today has been confirmed within the hour after it leaked out via rumor.I hope for a lot of peoples sake these two reporters didnt get ahead of themselves.

Last edited:
I will say this,noone here in Baltimore or ANYWHERE else is reporting this.You say he is in town for a physical and this is a done deal,dont you think someone else should be confirming this by now???? I there is nothing,nada from any reporters down here,and remember they coverd and had a good relationship with this guy for 6 years now.

I am starting to wonder,every other signing today has been confirmed within the hour after it leaked out via rumor.I hope for a lot of peoples sake these two reporters didnt get ahead of themselves.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2786311

I know its Clayton, but read #2:
John Clayton said:
The biggest loser Friday was the Ravens. Right out of the box, they lost three players -- right tackle Tony Pashos, Mughelli and Franklin. They are expected to lose linebacker Adalius Thomas to the Patriots on Saturday morning. The Ravens stopped some of the bleeding by re-signing defensive tackle Jarret Johnson for around $13 million over three years.

Thomas has to pass a physical before the signing is official.

I will say this,noone here in Baltimore or ANYWHERE else is reporting this.You say he is in town for a physical and this is a done deal,dont you think someone else should be confirming this by now???? I there is nothing,nada from any reporters down here,and remember they coverd and had a good relationship with this guy for 6 years now.

ESPN is reporting it (John Clayton), and Adam Schefter reported it. They all said the same thing, "preliminary" agreement, with a physical tomorrow. Thomas is in Boston right now.

What do reporters in Baltimore have to do with it? They aren't going to get the first reports, it doesn't matter how close they are with Thomas. The Boston beat guys have the best sources, because it's happening here, and they have sources with the team.

Nothing is official until pen is put to paper, so no way will the Pats say a word until it is. But this isn't just a bunch of smoke, and reporters making things up where there's no story.

Sarge is correct.

It is not a DONE DEAL yet.

Wait until the ink dries up....but yeah it looks as if the ink will dry in less than 16 hours.

(cautiously dances a little jig):)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back