PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have to fly to the SB post when I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

pherein

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am going to catch a flight to watch the Super Bowl.

Though I have seen a couple Super Bowls in my time, I found my arms grow kind of heavy, while putting things into my bag. Things started to well up and a sense goofy emotion was beating down my mechanical resolve as a man.

She came in and asked what I was doing sitting on the bed starring into nowhere, I lied said I was thinking of work and continued to pack.

As I packed it came again.. breaking down my facade and replacing it with the first time you see your son walk, throw a ball, or say your name. I turned and closed the door and
sat on my knees. This day is truly impossible to me.

I stared at the same jersey on my bed, same I have worn for 30 years, with no regret, I know they tried, they did there level best , I know that. And thought how proud those guys before them, would be of them for making it so far.

She burst into the room, as only wives do, and I explain away the moment, only to realize I don't want to anymore, and turn to tell her the truth, and I broke.

The Saints are in the Super Bowl.. and we cant win.

Come game day I would ask my patriots friends, the time for doubt is done, believe we can do this and in the boys, as I have always believed, believe in us as much as we believed and respected you. We need the 13 man in N.E. Never doubt on this day, give us the one deserved belief you have in the Patriots and Brady on this day, and we will not let you down.

I have to catch a flight for the game so I might not get to post to you guys for awhile, maybe in the airports, all the best to you mayo,jets,etc.. I really hope for the best for you guys you have been kind and understanding.

Be warned Colts.. The Saints are Coming
YouTube - The Saints Are Coming - New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Bound

I can understand your emotion, and I'm happy for you. From China with love: Go Saints!

pherein, just remember that it wasn't too long ago that not even some Pats fans believed that their team could beat the Greatest Show on Turf. I firmly believe that the Saints can win this game.

No chance, my ass! Get in there and give 'em hell!

Good luck and have fun! :D

Celebrate safely when the Saints win on Sunday! :D

Man don't give up already. I can remember telling my friends down here that the Pats had a reeeeeeelly slim chance of winning against the Rams. That final 1:40 was an experience i'll remember forever. I just sat there and cried. I could not believe they won that game. The other SBs have paled in comparison to me. Hopefully you'll get to feel what i felt that day. GOOD LUCK! GO SAINTS!.......BOOOOO MANNING :mad:

I will be in NOLA commencing Wednesday, when the Saints win it all, an incredilbly great party will become and even better party...

The Pats have been on both sides of crazy upsets, so believe us when we say anything is possible. You guys can definitely win it all. It doesn't matter what people think or experts think. The beauty of sports is that anything is possible...anything. I never thought the Cardinals would go to the big game. And as a true Saints fan, I'm sure you've wondered if the team would ever make it. It happened. And there's one more game to your magical season. Anything's possible man.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy every moment of it. Like many people here, I'll be rooting for you guys.

True story: I'm in a SB pool every year with 2 buddies. We buy 3 squares, sometimes for $100 per, but the year the Pats beat the Rams it was $200/square ($20K in the whole pool). I was too immersed in the game to bother keeping track of the scores and who won how much as the scoring occurred. When Adam's kick to win it sailed through, I was absolutely overcome with emotion. My wife asked me, "How happy are you right now?" My reply, literally through tears: "I couldn't possibly be happier." Her response: "Are you sure about that? Because the three of you just hit the final score and it's worth about $15,000!" As insane as it sounds, the $5K headed my way was not as important as the win because I knew that the $ would soon be spent, but the memory of that kick sailing through would be etched in my mind forever. May you feel and enjoy the exhiliration of a SB win on Sunday. Go Saints!

Can't win my *****. Remember Brady and Moss throwing bombs on the Colts for 3 quarters? Now imagine it's Brees, and instead of just Moss he has Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, and Shockey...

Good luck, keep the faith, and GEAUX SAINTS!

Seems like you must of been watching a lot of the med-idiots hyping the game, so no doubt, lost of Manning ball washing. Disregard what those turds say, have faith in your team and you will be rewarded. Enjoy the experience!

I also do believe the Saints can and will win this game. It's perfectly nomal to get pre-game jitters, especially before a BIG game. Most (if not all) of us Patriots fans have been in your shoes, just enjoy it. And whatever happens, come back to this board, we've been there, done that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes