PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have the Pats in a mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1st round pick

I could have any LB except Hawk or Greenway, any RB except Bush, top DB's were gone, but Winston Justice OT fell, so I took him....opinions? I had a tough time deciding between him and DeAngelo Williams, but I think Justice is a legit top 10 pick and I couldn't turn down that value....he'd be a stud at RT.

I guess that's good value for Justice, but I think I'd go with DeAngelo or one of the LB's - Lawson or Carpenter.

Justice - suspended one year for waving a (claimed) toy gun at the driver of another car in what again was a "claimed" prank. Write-ups indicate he is rather inconsistent. He moved up after the combine due to his athleticism.

Can't say I'd be comfortable with a character concern in the first...sorry.

Lawson was gone too forgot to say that...I'd have taken him

I think the Pats need to get a real ILB in the mold of Ted Johnson, but not in the first. The problem is that Ted was a kind of a freak. He was 6-4 and over 250 pounds, which is pretty big for an ILB. This is a weak draft for the position, but I think it needs to be addressed. Most of the highly rated players are around 6-1 and 230 pounds. Kai Parham is a possibility, 6-3, 250 pounds. Plus he played some DE in college, something all our LB's ahve in common. The more time we can get a young guy to play with Bruschi the better. Any ideas?

Trade down and take Greenway.

With Winston Justice it all depends on what Belichick things of his character. Most players have some sort of incident in the past, but it is up to BB and Pioli to figure out if this is going to be a trend or not. As far as value goes it is a great pick, not sure if I want an OL that high, but some scouts say Justice is better than Ferguson. He would probably push Kaczur to the swing tackle role.

nickw308810 said:
With Winston Justice it all depends on what Belichick things of his character. Most players have some sort of incident in the past, but it is up to BB and Pioli to figure out if this is going to be a trend or not. As far as value goes it is a great pick, not sure if I want an OL that high, but some scouts say Justice is better than Ferguson. He would probably push Kaczur to the swing tackle role.

It would also make the Pats the team that Abandoned Law and Went After Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey