PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have said it once i'll say it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Town Pats

Rookie
Reaction score
Our team has been getting deeper and younger at d-line, cb, o-line, Qb (Cassel), RB, younger not deeper at WR, TE.

The team has to focus next year on getting some young linebackers, a safety for harrison to groom, and possibly another receiver. We would have no holes, just a solid group of youth and veterans with no glaring weaknesses . I have never seen a Patriot team with half the talent we have now. This team is a legitimate Super bowl contender.

Lets look at the AFC and its major contenders
Bengals- great Offense- average Defense
(anybody think we cant beat this team when its cold and playoff time)
Colts- Great passing game-one dimensional offense: Defense WAY OVER RATED (We will finish with a better regular season record this season.. I truly think we will)
Steelers- Roethlesberger is cursed... Parker is solid but I think the Pats D is a bad match up for the Steelers O: Defense is very solid
Ravens- Their offense is getting better: Defense is great
(I think a veteran like Brady can beat that D.... Simms is terrible when he is pressured)
Jaguars- Same team we beat in the playoffs last year
Denver- Plummer is looking over his shoulder... this team falls back
Chargers- They scare me more at every aspect but their 1st year QB... How does Belicheck do versus 1st year QB's
Dolphins- Next topic. Their line is terrible and thin. Culpepper is not a winner

Im done ranting

We're not deeper at TE?

We are deeper and younger at TE. That was WR to which i was referring being younger not deeper

Old Town Pats said:
Ravens- Their offense is getting better: Defense is great
(I think a veteran like Brady can beat that D.... Simms is terrible when he is pressured)
Simms? McNair plays QB for the Ravens.

Isn't Sanders already being groomed?

Poll said:
Isn't Sanders already being groomed?
See, Olde Town is right, they are getting deeper! And let's not forget Ventrone is still the Pats property. :singing:

I know that Mcnair is the QB for the Ravens I said Simms couldnt handle the pressure that Baltimore was throwing at them. I think that the Pats and Brady would handle that pressure just fine.

Old Town Pats said:
Our team has been getting deeper and younger at d-line, cb, o-line, Qb (Cassel), RB, younger not deeper at WR, TE.

The team has to focus next year on getting some young linebackers, a safety for harrison to groom, and possibly another receiver. We would have no holes, just a solid group of youth and veterans with no glaring weaknesses . I have never seen a Patriot team with half the talent we have now. This team is a legitimate Super bowl contender.

This is a great post! And, its accurate!

It was mentioned already but, there was a lot of talk about Sanders development the past year and I'd expect him to hold his own on the field this year.

I'd like to add a couple of feel good items to this list. Their success in the draft has been made this depth possible. Now before someone beats me over the head and points out every player cut, lets look at the players who are still here.

Players still on the team

Warren
Wilson
Samuel
Koppen
TBC
Summary - look at the quality they got here. A few perrenial starters, Koppen 5th, TBC 7th! Unbelievable

Wilfolk
Watson
Hill
Summary - Patiently waited and Wilfolk fell in their lap. People questioned Watson and now every other team in the league would love to have him.

Mankins
Hobbs
Kaczur
Sanders
Cassell
Summary - Two OL starters 1st year. Two solid defensesive backs. #2 QB...

They got the second RB and the second WR in the draft. How the hell did they do that from their draft positions? They were patient! More depth! Only time will tell how good these guys will be...

To really appreciate these picks you need to go back and look at the other players pick before and after these players... You will be shocked when you see how many players made little or no impact compared the the Patriots success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back