PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have an idea on the pass rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, before you flame, remember two things.
1. It's 9:20 P.M
2.I am bored of playing Madden

Ok, I was thinking since Meriweather was effective of safety blitzing the quarterback several times last season (seattle comes to mind), why do not we do the same with Chung?

We could have:
Chung Safety Blitz
Meriweather Safety Blitz
DOUBLE safety blitz

Alright, so I made Chung in Madden with a decent speed rating (he ran 4.5?) and I tried safety blitzing the Colts. Peyton usually had only 2 seconds to throw before being decked. The same almost applied for shotgun.

If it can happen in Madden, Why not in real games?:D

on passing downs we can bring Mayo off the edge

Alright, before you flame, remember two things.
1. It's 9:20 P.M
2.I am bored of playing Madden

Ok, I was thinking since Meriweather was effective of safety blitzing the quarterback several times last season (seattle comes to mind), why do not we do the same with Chung?

We could have:
Chung Safety Blitz
Meriweather Safety Blitz
DOUBLE safety blitz

Alright, so I made Chung in Madden with a decent speed rating (he ran 4.5?) and I tried safety blitzing the Colts. Peyton usually had only 2 seconds to throw before being decked. The same almost applied for shotgun.

Nice Post. I think your onto something. A. Thomas, Mayo and Guyton can all cover. In certain situations Guyton slides outside and Chung or Meriweather blitz out of the Big Nickel. Very interesting.

The Madden 2010 ratings are already out on the rookies. Chung is rated a 75, Butler a 78. Brace and the German OG got really bad ratings.

There is NO reason why it couldn't. Of course, Adrian Peterson rushed for 60 TDs for me in Madden last year, so that could totally happen too ;)

I'd blitz Sanders at the same time. That'll give the QB only 1.4 seconds.

Even better, the Pats could get 12 men on the field.

While there's no doubting the effectiveness of speed blitzing in madden, it does have problems in real life. An NFL QB goes to the line with usually three checks and a handful of hot calls. If the safeties were going to get to the QB, they would have to be creeping pre-snap or have another tell. Seeing as most teams run the spread in passing situations, you have plenty of mid ball checks to chose from. The QB would identify the vacated field, call a hot (likely a sluggo, post, slant, or 7-yard in) and dump the ball before the safeties could arrive.

It could be effective in running situations where a pass is anticipated with a 4 LB shell covering the three step routes. Then you'd have to figure out how to open the b or c gaps for the safeties to have a clean shot at the QB.

I've used Wilfork as an ILB and a Strong Safety (death to the tight end) in Madden.

Real life... not so much.

There's no doubt QB's will be worrying over Meri this year a lot more than in the past. That may help speed things up mentally, anyway.

The Pats utilize the safety blitz a fair amount anyway. They would do it when Rodney was healthy and they started to do it more and more with Meriweather.

isn't there a cheat code we can use?

isn't there a cheat code we can use?

Right at the snap Belichick presses left, right, left, right, triangle, circle, square...

when i see people do this online its like a guaranteed td for me

were u in practice mode?

The Pats utilize the safety blitz a fair amount anyway. They would do it when Rodney was healthy and they started to do it more and more with Meriweather.

I think you understate. With the Pats Rodney blitzed more often than any other DB I have ever seen in my life. He was very good at it too.
As to the OP......arghh......Madden isnt real football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes