Welcome to PatsFans.com

I have a solution

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 2, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

==Situation: Iraq==

1. Announce a date to move all US soldiers to newly constructed Military bases in the region. These soldiers serve 2 purposes. (a) Air support and backup for the Iraqi Military in protecting their government and citizens from terrorists. (b) Protection to reconstruction efforts to the country. Iraq will have to police itself. American soldiers will not be patroling the streets. They will be monitoring the country and using force when requested by the Iraqi army.

This strategy will save face for the administration by not pulling out of the country, and continuing to support the new gov't. It will save face to the congress who wants our troops out of the fight, and most importantly....it will save the lives of Americans.

2. Divide Iraq into 3 states, with equal revenue share of the oil, and equal say in the gov't policies.

3. Rebuild. Nothing will make these people love america more that restoring their country (even though we intitiated the destruction). Get the power and water running. Get the citizens involved in the reconstruction, give them jobs. Make the people feel as if they are the ones rebilding their homeland. Give them a sense that this is their country and its worth protecting.

4. eventually.....LEAVE.
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#3 was tried and found to be rife with corruption (wow, surprise) and incompetance (who knew). They didnt even hire Iraqis for concrete contracts (could that be another reason they are POed?)

No, its far too late to invests anymore in reconstruction. That was officially and quietly abandoned but the MSM never reported it (another shocker, just like they didnt report on the details of the oil law).
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

c'mon Brown... everyone knows the media is anti-war biased... they'd never skip an opportunity to paint things in a bad light...

:rolleyes:
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes....they would never allow Republicans to claim that Dems have no solutions for Iraq without calling them on it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12572371/
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree with the fact that this didn't work because of the contracting, but giving the construction to the Iraqi people would greatly increase the feeling of ownership of the rebirth of a nation to its people. America's role with be as a resource for materials, funds, not manpower and vision.

what do you think of the rest of the plan?
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well its okay. #1 is already underway, at least theoretically. The Iraqis, we are now told, will be taking the lead and we are to be in supprt roles. Im not sure how reliable the Iraqi forces are though as there is some evidence that they are infiltrated at worst, and simply indifferent at best, generally speaking. Heck, they got the snot beat out of them fighting a cult in Karbala just a month or so ago.

As far as #2, well thats the Biden plan, originally designed by a guy I cant remember the name of at the moment. It is the only way, assuming that the central government is equitable and just.

#3...well thats a fustercluck
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Word.

I double dog dare you to come up with a better one. Trump me!
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

9. glecco

glecco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We should all gather in a circle near sundown, hold hands and look up into the early evening sky. With the see the first star we see must all say together:
    Star light, star bright
    First star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might
    Have the wish I wish tonight

Because, gosh darn it, if we really and truly believe -- from the bottom of our hearts and with all our might -- then the Angels and Good Fairies will make everything turn out all right in the end. Remember this…

“When you wish upon a star,​
    Makes no difference who you are,​
    Anything your heart desires,​
    Will come to you”​
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

All you have to do for #3 is have all those who committed fraud, pay it back and do some old fashioned community service.. if you did Iraq would look like Dubai.. otoh, that might ruffle too many feathers inside the beltway, just print some money and pass the debt on to our children and grandchildren, the 'merican way.