PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a soft side for Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...Not like that!

Hi guys, nice to see you guys again. I'm only here during the football season since my main passion is anime (as you may tell), but I do adore myself some Patriots football!.

Anyway, to the point. I'm not a coach so I can't say my way of thinking is the right one officially, but I hope we don't end up trading Jimmy G. Yes, Jimmy is no Brady. Though, there is no other Brady. Our 3rd string QB is pretty sharp, but I still prefer Jimmy and think the guy has a place in NE. Though, depends on how long Brady can play of course.

Opinions? This may of been said already, but would love to hear your opinions!

...Not like that!

Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

...Not like that!

Hi guys, nice to see you guys again. I'm only here during the football season since my main passion is anime (as you may tell), but I do adore myself some Patriots football!.

Anyway, to the point. I'm not a coach so I can't say my way of thinking is the right one officially, but I hope we don't end up trading Jimmy G. Yes, Jimmy is no Brady. Though, there is no other Brady. Our 3rd string QB is pretty sharp, but I still prefer Jimmy and think the guy has a place in NE. Though, depends on how long Brady can play of course.

Opinions? This may of been said already, but would love to hear your opinions!

When given the chance to throw last night I though he did very well. Three mistakes as far as I remember. He looked a little uncomfortable in the pocket on one occasion, telegraphed a screen pass to Hogan and nearly got picked off when he failed to see the linebacker Timu. He also put some balls behind his targeted receivers. I think he'll get better with every game of experience and I'm not unduly concerned. I think he's already at Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Cousins level and I think his upside is as a franchise starter, although not in the top echelon. I'll take that.

@manxman2601 I think he can get better than those guys you mentioned with a little more actual in game experience. I know most likely won't bring us to 6 Superbowls (you can dream though), but with BB and some good players, I don't see why Jimmy G can't keep getting us 10-6 - 12-4 seasons with a couple SB appearences during his run.

It's still early, but I think he's the second best QB in the AFC East!

@manxman2601 I think he can get better than those guys you mentioned with a little more actual in game experience. I know most likely won't bring us to 6 Superbowls (you can dream though), but with BB and some good players, I don't see why Jimmy G can't keep getting us 10-6 - 12-4 seasons with a couple SB appearences during his run.

I think so too. I can see him getting to Romo, Ryan, maybe Rivers level after a couple of years consistently playing.

After what happened with Matt Cassel, Ryan Mallett (I remember being a huge fan of him and seeing all this incredible potential), and Brian Hoyer, I'm a little reluctant in having a soft spot (or side) for any of our backup quarterbacks.

Oh, and anime is the truth.

let jimmy improve his worth in this 4 game audition and let him go where he can be the man and we get high picks in return. don't let this youngster get rot here behind the GOAT. that's just not fair for the kid. sit behind 5-6 years is just not good for kid's morale.

brady is not going away until he wins the next one. it's all about the legacy for brady. win 5, there will be any debates. brady knows that. j

@wolverinejoe80 - Yeah, I get having him rot would be unfair and I would love Brady to be our QB for five more years, but at 39 a collapse in ability could happen more than ever. That's why I said it depends on how long he can play, but obviously would choose Brady in most cases.

He has showed tools and the ability to get hot. He lacks experience though which hurts his pocket awareness and ability to read Ds

His accuracy when he is feeling it is good. He is a streaky player. He will make a really bad read on occasion. His pocket movement is meh. His presnap read is okay. He does hand offs well (something you take for granted but i have never seen him mess one up in any game action IIRC). He needs to work on identifying exploitable match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes