PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a bad feeling about this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting the feeling I had a few years back when we were not playing well on D at the beginning of the year and we had the Rams. No one thought we would even be in the game against them and we whooped their ass. The D came together that week. I think it 05 or 06.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.....I'm suddenly feeling differently about this game. I had the same feeling as the OP, that it was one of the rare occasions I really expected a loss: Miami is at home, is the more desperate team (can't lose back to back home division games), the Pats' defensive/road/2nd half woes, etc.

But now? I dunno, sports just so rarely goes the way you expect it too...if there's a rough consensus the Pats will drop this one, then suddenly it feels like they may win after all. Very scientific, I realize.

I just hope i am wrong..going 2-2 into bye with Miami and Jets at 3-1 is not a good thing no matter how you look at it..then we gotta play Ravens but at least thats at home and i can see the Pats winning that one

It is not a good thing to be 2-2 when your team is 1-2 in the division and the Jets are 3-0

It automatically gives the Jets a huge edge in tiebreakers and also gives Miami one up on you head to head and one better in the division

If this game is not a must win,its close

Last edited:
It is not a good thing to be 2-2 when your team is 1-2 in the division and the Jets are 3-0

It automatically gives the Jets a huge edge in tiebreakers and also gives Miami one up on you head to head and one better in the division

If this game is not a must win,its close

Nah. Pats lose, they're a game out of first after week 4, w/their home games against the Jets & Miami still to come. Be great to win, but this is no way shape or form a must win.

I think we are gonna lose clearly ... We cant stop them... In the first time that we punt... We are lost

Vegas making us a 1 point favorite has me scratching my head

I do feel good about that because with Vegas cleverly setting that line it makes people who know that the Pats stink on the road that much more probable to jump on the Dolphins.

I look at it like this: Our team has the potential to be unstoppable. They are obviously not at this point. While this potential will probably not be fully realized this season, I think they will make positive steps towards it and when looking back, you always see one game where things start to turn around. What better place and time could there be than a Monday night game in Miami?

What better place and time could there be than a Monday night game in Miami?

Main problem is that our players like Meriweather are... a bit chokers. I dont know, they seem that everytime that the flashlights are on us or we arent under the radar our players seems to be unconfortable

1) Vegas "cleverly" sets and changes the line so that the betting is even on both sides. They lay off any signifcant mismatch (as a result of them setting a poor line). This laying off cost is a cost of doing business and reduces the profits earned by their vig on all bets (usually 5%).

2) So, the bottom line is that those who are putting up their money in Vegas are split on this game.

Vegas making us a 1 point favorite has me scratching my head

I do feel good about that because with Vegas cleverly setting that line it makes people who know that the Pats stink on the road that much more probable to jump on the Dolphins.

This reminds me of the scene in Platoon where the long termer says to Sgt. Barnes "I got a bad feeling about this one, Sarge" as he's trying to weasel his way onto leave right before a big battle.

Sure enough, the battle killed almost all of the US guys (and hundreds if not thousands of NVA and VC when they napalmed the field)...except for Charlie Sheen's character, Sgt. Barnes ("Barnes been shot 6 times he ain't meant to die!") and the lowly weasel who cleverly hid below some dead VC in a fox hole.

I'm not sure how they do. I could see them getting blown out, but I want to think our boys pull it out. Brady needs to get a haircut if he plays badly though.

I had a bad feeling against Cinci.

Had a good feeling against the Bills.

So so on the Jests

I don't trust my instincts.

It's very premature to think that Butler is a bust at this point in his career. He has had only 7 career starts. Neither he or McCourty were supposed to be starters this early.

Right. These guys are learning on the job. There will be mistakes. Butler is going to be fine, maybe even terrific in a couple of years. The secondary is so much about communication and these guys are so young and inexperienced. McCourty in his 4th game and Butler in what his 20th or so? Both guys are so quick to the ball, athletic and have great hands.

Butler's big weakness is reading and reacting to play action and in the opponent's running game. On straight passing downs he does a nice job with his assigned receiver.

Tonight is about a little progress as a unit and whether Chad Henne can put the ball on the money to his talented group of receivers.

If the Pats had some edge rushers like both teams last night (Bears-Giants) the secondary would be having a better season already. Maybe the D can get to Henne tonight. he's not mobile and the line is so-so.

First of all I don't post here much as I am a Dolphins fan, I tend to come around when we play each other. I don't come to trash talk or anything like that because it's not what I do. I may stop by after the game win or lose.

Here's my point of view from a Dolphins Fan.

I am not very confident in tonights game from a fins point of view because the Jets exposed our weakness on defence. I did think we would be 2-1 going into this game but I thought we would have lost to Minny and beat the Jets. We have one corner in Davis, who is excellent in my mind and will only get better, but our other corner is Allen. Smith has gotten worse in his second year hence why he's not starting anymore. I would feel more comfortable if we had Davis on Moss all night, but in the first 3 games our corners don't change sides which bothers me because Allen cannot handle Moss. Hopefully we've noticed that and hopefully we'll adjust accordingly.

Most importantly you guys have the best QB to play this game, that is always scary in my mind. Everything on paper points this one to be a high scoring game, which easily means it could be a defensive struggle.

I think it will be close, but the Dolphins need this more than the Pats. If the Dolpins drop two divisional games at home, we're in serious trouble, that pressure alone could hurt us. Losing two divisional road games isn't as bad.

With all that being said all I want is an injury free game and a blowout of course :D, so that we can both beat the piss out of those Jets next time!

The only bad feeling I have is knowing I have to sit and listen to that annoying Espn Monday night crew in the booth......but because I'm a Patriots fan through and through I must find a way to endure the agony....

Last edited:
I'm not worried about Brady, I'm worried about our Secondary.

personally i think the secondary isnt the biggest problem. problem is the front 7 . other than wilfork and mayo, name one who is a consistent stud performer. Average front 7 exposes average secondary which eventually looks below average.

Someone needs to explain to me how being realistic somehow makes you a bad fan. I have been following this team for a very, very long time. Seen the ugly, the bad, the good and the great. I watch for improvement, I watch for the game, I watch because I love this team. Just because someone has a bad feeling about this upcoming game does not make them a bad fan. What have you seen so far this year that has people feeling good about the upcoming game? The tremendous pass rush? The stellar play of the secondary? The ability of the linebackers to keep everything in front of them? This game should be a shoot out. In that case, I'm glad I have Brady on my team. But geez, this defense should scare every one of you. I understand it is a defense in transition. It had to happen. I get it. What frustrates me is the lack of attention paid to the pass rush in the off-season. What frustrates me is Merriweather and Butler regressing. What really frustrates me is that they keep making the same mistakes....and thought that "free-lancing" was a good idea. This is a direct result of lack of leadership on the defensive side of the ball. I am disappointed that the coaching staff did not anticipate this...or maybe they did.....although I doubt it.

Someone needs to explain to me how being realistic somehow makes you a bad fan.

I have been asking this question since this website started..........GO PATS!!!!

First of all I don't post here much as I am a Dolphins fan, I tend to come around when we play each other. I don't come to trash talk or anything like that because it's not what I do. I may stop by after the game win or lose.

Here's my point of view from a Dolphins Fan.

I am not very confident in tonights game from a fins point of view because the Jets exposed our weakness on defence. I did think we would be 2-1 going into this game but I thought we would have lost to Minny and beat the Jets. We have one corner in Davis, who is excellent in my mind and will only get better, but our other corner is Allen. Smith has gotten worse in his second year hence why he's not starting anymore. I would feel more comfortable if we had Davis on Moss all night, but in the first 3 games our corners don't change sides which bothers me because Allen cannot handle Moss. Hopefully we've noticed that and hopefully we'll adjust accordingly.

Most importantly you guys have the best QB to play this game, that is always scary in my mind. Everything on paper points this one to be a high scoring game, which easily means it could be a defensive struggle.

I think it will be close, but the Dolphins need this more than the Pats. If the Dolpins drop two divisional games at home, we're in serious trouble, that pressure alone could hurt us. Losing two divisional road games isn't as bad.

With all that being said all I want is an injury free game and a blowout of course :D, so that we can both beat the piss out of those Jets next time!

This is a great, level headed (AKA REALISTIC) Post......seeing the good and the bad with your team is what makes up a TRUE fan......hopefully you do come back....win or lose....seems like you get it......here is to know injuries on either side :cheers:

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling EVERY Time

Thankfully they were able to squeak this one out.

Lets just look here, it is going to be very very difficult for the Pats to come out of Miami with a W...i just cant see it happening they way they have been playing on the road the past what...almost 2 years? In Miami? Its sad but its just true.

Until they prove otherwise its going to be hard for me to say they are winning this one..now i wont overreact if they do lose because i somewhat expect it. I mean this is a semi big game for them..if they dont win this road game in the division, they are in deep kakaa

God i hope they prove me wrong but i am just not confident :(

Good call, will be looking forward to your future predictions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes