PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a bad feeling about this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're New Englanders, we're cynical by nature, hell the Sox won the series on 04and 07 after 80 odd years of heartbreak and some people still want the managers and gerneral mangers burnt at the stake because they're having a bad year.
Even if we win monday they'll be criticism of some aspect of the game that the Pats were weak in.

Doesn't Belichick always find things to complain about after a win?,why is it different for fans?

Two weeks in a row Miami gave up 150 yards rushing ... :D:D:D

I have a GREAT feeling about this one....

squish the fish....squish the fish!!!

Doesn't Belichick always find things to complain about after a win?,why is it different for fans?

Hes the coach, its his job, we're fans, its entertainment we're supposed to enjoy.:cool:

Huh? BB does not complain. It's always some variations of "we have a lot to work on."

Huh? BB does not complain. It's always some variations of "we have a lot to work on."

I know...that his 'complaint' is his style and is as usual

But imagine if we win and someone started a thread in here saying we could be a bit better in some areas...it would instantly cause serious flaming

We're New Englanders, we're cynical by nature, hell the Sox won the series on 04and 07 after 80 odd years of heartbreak and some people still want the managers and gerneral mangers burnt at the stake because they're having a bad year.
Even if we win monday they'll be criticism of some aspect of the game that the Pats were weak in.

I'd like to add to the above which i agree with:

How many threads are made regarding the good decisions of the coaches?

When they win the players get the praise in the threads usually.

When they lose coaching is criticized along with the players.

When they win then why aren't coaches praised more often ... other than Dante?

Negativity is rampant on message boards it's not just New England IMO.

I look at it all as we're competing with 31 other teams for players and coaches ... we don't have a monopoly on either of those. sometimes the other team makes a few more plays than we do ... just like Bill says.

I think this is a Brady 4th quarter comeback type of game. We narrowly escape in a 31-27 type of game and think "Thank goodness we have number 12 and the offense" and we leave feeling not much better about the D, but happy to have gotten the division win on the road.

Henne could very well throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs to Brandon Marshall, but I'll take our guy and our offense any time and trust that the defense can just kind of suck instead of flat-out suck.

If we were facing the Colts this week, it'd be a different story.

I'll be shocked if the Pats win...just like I'll be shocked if the lose up here

That's what I'm saying.

While technically accurate, people saying "Brady hasn't [insert] since 2007" is misleading seeing as how he didn't even play in 2008.

All of these new issues are only based on one regular season, one where he was recovering from a major injury.
I'm not worried about Brady, I'm worried about our Secondary.

and in time, the secondary, as it is today, will most likely become a strength...the kids have skills..hey, Ty Law was getting busted with ecstasy and not even showing up before BB got here...I would hope everybody can relax and sort of trust what they're doing here

From Reiss today:

1. The Patriots have played some of their best football when they have an “us-against-the-world” mindset. I sensed that developing in the locker room this week when players were asking reporters who they were picking Monday night.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Anyone 'pounding their chests' about one game is disillusioned too. Or maybe you are taking a positive assessment of a well played game against a widely considered good opponent as chest pounding?

Why did you start a thread as if NE just beat the Steelers?

Of course they need to improve, every team at week 3 needs to.

Every team at 3 weeks isnt searching for a capable starting CB.

I'm not sure what your last comment means or why you quoted my post to write yours.

Because fans that are realists are going to point out truths like Maroney sucks, Butler is looking a like a bust and the coaching adjustments have been lousy. None of these loyal Pats fans are happy about 1st round picks being wasted on crappy players that wont help the team win another title or the team not correcting problems from last season.

In other words, to think fans are glad because the Pats lose due to reasons pointed out in this forum is delusional.

Given the contents of her post? No, that was straight out pessimism. Hell, some of it was downright ridiculous. Seriously, take a look at this:

If the team didn't see leadership as an issue, why were Brady, Wilfork, the coaches and other players talking about it all offseason? Why were guys like Patten, Holt and the DEs brought in, while someone like Springs was let go?

Ha! I would assume - I have no real idea, nor do you - Brady and Wilfork were talking about it because they saw it was an issue. Yes. The leadership "void" seems to be on the defensive side of the ball - therefore, Patten and Holt being signed was not an attempt to address the issue. The DE's that were brought in have not/did not exactly help the issue and Springs was let go because of the issue. So, yes, they must have seen that there was an issue and there attempts to alleviate the "problem" appears to have fallen short. It does not mean it will not get better as the season goes. It's a young defense - leaders will emerge - it just would have been nice to have added a vereteran leader. Sorry, Warren does not strike me as a leader.

I have said this before, but for the life of me I do not understand why Vrable was given away for essentially a bag of peanuts. I can't believe the Cassel deal would have been dead without it. The Pats sure could use his leadership and savvy right now.

Anyway, Dues, do keep dismissing my opinons and thoughts though. Perhaps they amuse you. The pearls of wisdom you dispense from atop your high horse often give me a chuckle.

You taking offense to that little metaphor, why am I not surprised. Anyway, I apologize, I didn't think it was so controversial.

I'm not offended in the least. The fact that your statement was completely wrong notwithstanding, you should know better than to post that stuff here. It's like catnip in this forum.

Because fans that are realists are going to point out truths like Maroney sucks, Butler is looking a like a bust and the coaching adjustments have been lousy. None of these loyal Pats fans are happy about 1st round picks being wasted on crappy players that wont help the team win another title or the team not correcting problems from last season.

In other words, to think fans are glad because the Pats lose due to reasons pointed out in this forum is delusional.

It's very premature to think that Butler is a bust at this point in his career. He has had only 7 career starts. Neither he or McCourty were supposed to be starters this early.

Why did you start a thread as if NE just beat the Steelers?

Every team at 3 weeks isnt searching for a capable starting CB.

We won a Super Bowl with Hank Poteat. Hank is a free agent I think. Do you want to pick-up Hank or do you think we already have better options in house for CB?

I just hope i am wrong..going 2-2 into bye with Miami and Jets at 3-1 is not a good thing no matter how you look at it..then we gotta play Ravens but at least thats at home and i can see the Pats winning that one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back