PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a bad feeling about this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean like when NE beat Cinci and some fans pounded their chests about how right they were?

The Pats need to improve on both sides of the ball.

Nobody is happy about it thats a Pats fan.

Anyone 'pounding their chests' about one game is disillusioned too. Or maybe you are taking a positive assessment of a well played game against a widely considered good opponent as chest pounding?

Of course they need to improve, every team at week 3 needs to.

I'm not sure what your last comment means or why you quoted my post to write yours.

Get this half-baked political crap over to the Politics Forum.

You taking offense to that little metaphor, why am I not surprised. Anyway, I apologize, I didn't think it was so controversial.

Speak for yourself. Don't include the rest of us in your gloom and doom.

Learn how to read. If "many" doesn't include you, fine. No need to post that fact just to act like somekind of tough guy or superfan.

Last edited:
Someone needs to explain to me how being realistic somehow makes you a bad fan.

Because alot of these half full guys get some kind of weird confidence from their blind loyalty. Like it gives them the right to belittle those that are more objective by nature or those that are more pessimistic by nature. It's really odd, some of them need wedgies.

For all that people want the 'homers' to take a balanced perspective

No one wants the homers to have a more balanced perspective - just knock off the we're better fans crap. I don't see half emptiers attacking half fullers. Acting like your somehow more worthy because you defend the Pats no matter what is really kind of gay.

I'd see that applies very well to this team, especially the defense.

The entitled believe we have a birthright of 14 to 16 wins because they are frontrunners, most likely.

It is depressing to have an old team with question marks that isn't going to get better, but we have a consistently excellent team, coming off a "disappointing" 10-6 season (sorry Detroit, I know that must hurt) who has double drafted two years in a row with a plethora of high to mid round picks while retaining a top QB and receivers, and replenishing well with Tate and some real good looking tight ends.

The frontrunners, who don't know what it is to build a team, or to struggle to learn a system are farcical in their complaints. They're all busts, let's replay the draft, cut them all and start over. What a joke.

I don't get it. When the Colts were winning 13 games a year with an atrocious defense would fans have been out of line to point that out? Or what about the fans of the Chiefs when they would win their division every year with 13 wins and be one and done? This Pats team, right now, today, has some major shortcomings on defense and some fans are pointing it out - get over it. Most are not saying to get rid of the youngsters or that the youngsters won't improve, but it's certainly not a given that Meriweather, Butler, Chung, et al. will provide the nucleaus of a dominant defense. We all have to cross our fingers and hope. But right now, what we're seeing is not good.

Last edited:
The frontrunners, who don't know what it is to build a team, or to struggle to learn a system are farcical in their complaints. They're all busts, let's replay the draft, cut them all and start over. What a joke.

Well I certainly agree with this part.

but you're a fan. Your job is to believe in your team and to believe they can win at all times.

That sounds too much like my mother when I was going to Sunday school.

Last edited:
Not you too? Jesus...

I don't understand your point here. I'm not saying that it's all moonlight and canoes for the 2010 Patriots, or anything of the sort. I was simply noting that Garbanza is a pessimist, as opposed to a realist or an optimist. If you question this at all, just go back and look at some of the game threads.

Garbanza starts looking for rope and rafters right after the opposing team gets its first completion.

I don't understand your point here. I'm not saying that it's all moonlight and canoes for the 2010 Patriots, or anything of the sort. I was simply noting that Garbanza is a pessimist, as opposed to a realist or an optimist. If you question this at all, just go back and look at some of the game threads.

Garbanza starts looking for rope and rafters right after the opposing team gets its first completion.

In all honesty, I don't know Garbanza or have read enough of his posts to know if you're right or wrong. But can't he be both in this instance?

I guess I am at a little bit of a loss for why we aren't rooting for our team against tough odds but are instead looking for all the ways in which we might "realistically fail". There is a time for this "realism" and imho its not right before a big game.

Having grown up in Minnesota surrounded by fans of the Vikings, a team that continuously lost at the most heartbreaking of moments (Fran Tarkington followed by Tommy "the drunk" Kramer follow by more fail and topped off with Brett "epic fail" Favre), I'm a bit more used to seeing blind hopefulness than the "I don't want to get my hopes up" attitude. Maybe those fans are just a bit more accustomed to losing, maybe practice makes perfect :)

But really, isn't this what football is all about? We get our hopes up and maybe they get dashed, maybe they don't. When they get dashed, fans console fans, we drink, sing songs and band together hurling warnings toward the next team we face no matter how ridiculous they might seem. However, when our team does win, its a much better feeling to have gone into that game cheering than to have gone in uncommitted and fearful of a loss.

Just my 2 cents.

In all honesty, I don't know Garbanza or have read enough of his posts to know if you're right or wrong. But can't he be both in this instance?

Given the contents of her post? No, that was straight out pessimism. Hell, some of it was downright ridiculous. Seriously, take a look at this:

This is a direct result of lack of leadership on the defensive side of the ball. I am disappointed that the coaching staff did not anticipate this...or maybe they did.....although I doubt it.

If the team didn't see leadership as an issue, why were Brady, Wilfork, the coaches and other players talking about it all offseason? Why were guys like Patten, Holt and the DEs brought in, while someone like Springs was let go?

Last edited:
Given the contents of her post? No, that was straight out pessimism. Hell, some of it was downright ridiculous. Seriously, take a look at this:

If the team didn't see leadership as an issue, why were Brady, Wilfork, the coaches and other players talking about it all offseason? Why were guys like Patten, Holt and the DEs brought in, while someone like Springs was let go?

I see your point. I would not be questioning Belichick's judgement. Until he says there is a leadership issue, I would assume there isn't one.

Last edited:
I guess I am at a little bit of a loss for why we aren't rooting for our team against tough odds but are instead looking for all the ways in which we might "realistically fail". There is a time for this "realism" and imho its not right before a big game.

Having grown up in Minnesota surrounded by fans of the Vikings, a team that continuously lost at the most heartbreaking of moments (Fran Tarkington followed by Tommy "the drunk" Kramer follow by more fail and topped off with Brett "epic fail" Favre), I'm a bit more used to seeing blind hopefulness than the "I don't want to get my hopes up" attitude. Maybe those fans are just a bit more accustomed to losing, maybe practice makes perfect :)

But really, isn't this what football is all about? We get our hopes up and maybe they get dashed, maybe they don't. When they get dashed, fans console fans, we drink, sing songs and band together hurling warnings toward the next team we face no matter how ridiculous they might seem. However, when our team does win, its a much better feeling to have gone into that game cheering than to have gone in uncommitted and fearful of a loss.

Just my 2 cents.

Do you really think we won't be rooting for the Pats on Monday? Do you really feel more committed (whatever that means)? Do you think that those of us who have concerns would root for the Pats to lose just to be proven right about those concerns?

Last edited:
Do you really think we won't be rooting for the Pats on Monday? Do you think that those of us who have concerns would root for the Pats to lose just to be proven right about those concerns?

The point is timing. Bringing your concerns to light right before a big game is bringing people down. Its depressing... :(

I'm not saying any of your concerns are not valid, but I would suggest that bringing them to the table 2 days before a huge divisional game might not be the best timing.

The point is timing. Bringing your concerns to light right before a big game is bringing people down. Its depressing... :(

I'm not saying any of your concerns are not valid, but I would suggest that bringing them to the table 2 days before a huge divisional game might not be the best timing.

On this point, I agree to a degree - it's only Saturday. By Monday afternoon I will have my Pats goggles on & will feel a win is in the bag.

Last edited:
On this point, i agree. But, it's only Saturday. By Monday afternoon I will have my Pats goggles on & will feel a win is in the bag.

Ha ha I'll be right there with ya :eat3: :eat2:

Having grown up in Minnesota surrounded by fans of the Vikings, a team that continuously lost at the most heartbreaking of moments (Fran Tarkington followed by Tommy "the drunk" Kramer follow by more fail and topped off with Brett "epic fail" Favre), I'm a bit more used to seeing blind hopefulness than the "I don't want to get my hopes up" attitude. Maybe those fans are just a bit more accustomed to losing, maybe practice makes perfect

Just my 2 cents.

We're New Englanders, we're cynical by nature, hell the Sox won the series on 04and 07 after 80 odd years of heartbreak and some people still want the managers and gerneral mangers burnt at the stake because they're having a bad year.
Even if we win monday they'll be criticism of some aspect of the game that the Pats were weak in.

To be honest, as long as the Pats can get a win on road IN Miami, there shouldn't be much we can complain about..if they lose thats another story

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes