Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRule

Banned
Reaction score
The pats gave this game away...Thoughts ala Ben WATSON

Ala Dan Koppen and that sh!tty snap.

One person who DID NOT give the game away was Matt Cassel

Watson made up for his fumble, which didn't cost us anything.

The game was lost by the lack of anything in the first half. The unforgivable 3rd and 15 conversion didn't help.

Them, and the ref who called holding on Vrabel.

Ben Watson?

That was forgotten the second this game was sent into overtime. Giving up the first down on 3rd and 15 was the killer.

Everything that happened before OT, IMO, shouldn't take most of the blame, because it got us to a tie game which, considering the circumtsances, never should have been tied.
I blame Pees for sticking with that same defense that gave up the long drive in the fourth quarter while going away from the defense that shut down the Jets for a quarter and a half.

Watson fumble on an ankle tackle
Bad snap leading to a 20 yard loss
Phantom holding call on Vrabel
Losing the coin toss for OT
Freebie pass on 3rd and 15

Can't do much more to hand the game away.

I'm severely buzzed and depressed but atleast we have a great qb on our hands

Everything that happened before OT, IMO, shouldn't take most of the blame, because it got us to a tie game which, considering the circumtsances, never should have been tied.
I blame Pees for sticking with that same defense that gave up the long drive in the fourth quarter while going away from the defense that shut down the Jets for a quarter and a half.

Amen. I can't process the information to figure out defensive formations, but I'd love to see an analysis of what the Pats did in the second half v. what they did in overtime.

Watson made up for his fumble, which didn't cost us anything.

The game was lost by the lack of anything in the first half. The unforgivable 3rd and 15 conversion didn't help.

The Pats were on the Jets 20 when he coughed up the ball. He cost the Pats at least 3 points which assuming everything played out like it did, the Pats would have won in regulation.

Phantom holding call on Vrabel
Freebie pass on 3rd and 15

Can't do much more to hand the game away.

Last I checked, that's taking the game away from the Pats, not the Pats giving it away. . . . :enranged:

Losing the coin toss for OT

And, last I checked, that one wasn't the Pats' doing either. It's not like they won the toss and then elected to kick.

Last edited:
Hey look its all the same pats fan who used to bash colts fans back in 04 for claiming they were the better team when they lost.

WOW!

I'd say taht NE's ineptitude early in the game cost them. The DEF only gave up 375 yards, and thats including the 60 or so in OT. Cassel looked really good in the 2nd half, actually from the last drive in the first half on.

462 of NE's yards were his, he had a hell of a game.

Shame they lost, but it happens :( lol

A comeback win would've been exciting, but they let the Jets walk all over them in overtime. Even in 2001, when the Patriots were 5-5 at one point, I still had tremendous confidence in the team. There was a special feel to them. I don't feel anything special from this bunch. It feels like a mix of 2002 and 2005, two very disappointing seasons by this regime's standards. This game felt like the Colts game a few weeks ago, very winnable but they made dumb mistake after dumb mistake.

I still think they'll make the playoffs but I'm not anywhere near thinking Super Bowl at this point. It's difficult to have that level of confidence without being an out-and-out blind homer. I'm sorry if any of you disagree with me, but that's how I truly feel. I'll continue to watch every game as I always do in hope for better results.

The Pats were on the Jets 20 when he coughed up the ball. He cost the Pats at least 3 points which the Pats would have won in regulation.

There's the rub, though--it's absolutely impossible to figure out what happens if the Pats keep the ball. Maybe they score a FG and force a fumble on the return. Maybe the return gets run back for another touchdown. Maybe Sammy Morris fumbles on the next carry. Who knows?

Yes, this was a costly loss. . . . but, in the long run--and I don't mean (just) this season--I think the Patriots (and Cassel) will benefit A LOT from this game.

Hey look its all the same pats fan who used to bash colts fans back in 04 for claiming they were the better team when they lost.

WOW!

FWIW, I saw two evenly matched teams--the JEST playing exceedingly well in the first half, the Pats playing exceedingly well in the second. Unfortunately, the JEST had the ball last.

Last I checked, that's taking the game away from the Pats, not the Pats giving it away. . . . :enranged:

Yeah I know. I'm just trying to say we lost this game more than the Jets won.

Lots of mistakes by all three of the Pats unit.

Special Teams really sucked in giving great field position and that killer TD.

Defense didn't show up in the first half and at the end of the game and OT.

Offense kept shooting itself when they were driving.

One thing though I have to add, is that our offense is our best unit. Why we stay conservative and didn't wait to open it up until we had to is dumbfounding. We have the weapons, Cassel has showed the past few weeks that he can go through his progression and make efficient and effective throws. Our offense should just go for it and score TDs and not settle for FGs.

Our defense is bending AND breaking. Before it was bending but NOT breaking. But now, I really think that other teams have figured us out on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots