PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hate to do it but I have the ultimate answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I hate to say this because I like Cassell but the ultimate answer that will never happen is to trade for Brady Quinn

(sorry if someone said it already)

Nice thought, but wont happen.. Again, Belichick must have a ton of faith in casell or otherwise he is not here.. So we have to believe, until we see other wise..

that's actually a great idea because of the weis connection

that would be genius

Lots of connections there - Weis, Crennell and I believe the Browns GM is good friends with Pioli

Brady tutoring Brady. Great symmetry.

And then have a playbook that is 10% as big as it is now, sweet!

Cassell, Oconnell and Guitierez all know the playbook,
Quinn is from Ohio, happy in Ohio and will stay in Ohio
If someone new is brought in, Why would we get another rookie?
we got a good rookie who has 3 months head start on the playbook.

What evidence is there that Brady Quinn is a better QB than Cassel? Cassel knows the playbook and has been in the system for years now, it'd probably take half of a year just to bring Quinn up to Cassel's speed, and that's being generous. The answer we are looking for is a one year solution, what are we going to do with Brady Quinn and his bloated contract after this year? Giving up a the first round pick it would take to get Quinn would not be worth it.

Last edited:
Firstly it would probably take a 1st round pick to pry Quinn away. I'm sure there friendship is not going to get past that little obstacle.

Second, Brady is coming back next season if he chooses to not retire. Why trade a first round draft choice for basically a rookiewho is only going to play a year?

What evidence is there that Brady Quinn is a better QB than Cassel? Cassel knows the playbook and has been in the system for years now, it'd probably take half of a year just to bring Quinn up to Cassel's speed, and that's being generous. The answer we are looking for is a one year solution, what are we going to do with Brady Quinn and his bloated contract after this year? Giving up a the first round pick it would take to get Quinn would not be worth it.

Yea, even Peyton Manning wouldn't be ready from day one. It takes time to learn a playbook and get used to the receivers; getting timing down, etc. That's why you work on those things during the offseason. It's also why I don't expect Favre to do that good this year.

And then have a playbook that is 10% as big as it is now, sweet!

No, you'd have the same playbook that Quinn ran at ND - which was what the Pats ran when they won 3 SBs.

Weis has said himself that it's the same playbook, same terminology, and same philosophy. I've read interviews with Quinn where he said that Weis would give him tape of Tom running the same plays that he was asked to run. The kid knows the plays - it's just a question of execution at the NFL level.

Of course, this will never happen - Quinn isn't coming to NE. But we would not have to scale back the playbook for him if (by miracle) he was a Patriot. We'd just be running the stuff we ran back in 01-04 as opposed to the spread that we currently run.

I hate to say this because I like Cassell but the ultimate answer that will never happen is to trade for Brady Quinn

(sorry if someone said it already)

I heard Alex Smith is available. Could probably get him for Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer autographs.

I agree with all of the above postings. With that said, I'm a big Quinn fan (Notre Dame fan), but think we need to give Casell a chance. My first thought was, "That would be sweet." However, I think/hope will come back next year and be as strong as ever.

For me, it was a nice thought for about one minute.

HH

No, you'd have the same playbook that Quinn ran at ND - which was what the Pats ran when they won 3 SBs.

Weis has said himself that it's the same playbook, same terminology, and same philosophy. I've read interviews with Quinn where he said that Weis would give him tape of Tom running the same plays that he was asked to run. The kid knows the plays - it's just a question of execution at the NFL level.

Of course, this will never happen - Quinn isn't coming to NE. But we would not have to scale back the playbook for him if (by miracle) he was a Patriot. We'd just be running the stuff we ran back in 01-04 as opposed to the spread that we currently run.

<<< me so dumb. sowwy

doubt it would take a first rounder

not only did quinn slip to near the bottom of the 1st round, anderson's won the job and a contract extension in cleveland

what it would likely take is that 2nd rounder you got off sd (the extra pick) and perhaps a contract renegotiation)

I admit, this crossed my mind too. He's better off where he is.

Last edited:
Will you sit him for a year to learn the system?

He's not close to Cassel in knowledge of the system and I'm not sure that he's a great QB physically either. No thanks.

Anybody see the QB @ training camp??
Tom was their GURU and they followed his every step.
He has been training these guys to do their job,

Last edited:
No, no. no. We should trade for Peyton Manning. Manning is acerebral QB, fits BB's style. Watches film and has no life. He'd be able to throw long to Randy Moss and be the master of the blitz outlet to Welker. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back