Welcome to PatsFans.com

I hate Spygate

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFan24, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

i just got myself all riled up about spygate again. i was reading PFW and there is an article about putting it to rest, and I did not even get the thing started and I am ranting....to myself because nobody else was around....about the coverage of spygate and how unfair it was. i just did almost a 10 min rant talking to myself about it. how do i stop this madness?
  2. Patriots Nation NY

Patriots Nation NY Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: damn it

You don't .. Just let it sit until the season starts, then it will probably go away ..
  3. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

one way to stop the madness is to stop reading about it. especially in threads on this site :D sorry, i couldnt resist. don't worry, come december when the pats have been killing everyone again, this will be less annoying. if you cant wait that long, try drinking heavily. it worked for me :bricks:
  4. NJPatsfan26

NJPatsfan26 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I rant about it myself.....just the sheer stupidity of it all.....and how ESPN should die.....

But I do agree....it will go away once we start dismantling teams....

:rocker::rocker:
  5. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yes, then we will be dealing with Run It Up Gate II. Which will not bother me at all. :D

Seriously, how were those freaks on sports shows getting so riled up about a team scoring too many points? Isn't the object of the game to play your best possible game each and every week?
  6. stephens44

stephens44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

With all of the media coverage did the NFL actually gain more notoriety? NFL insiders have clearly said that it provided no advantage to the Pats, but the controversy for the fans made them daily readers about it for almost a year now. Thats alot of ad time, commercial time, etc.
  7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

For all the doomsayers that claim spygate would ruin the NFL, I have yet to see an explanation to the increased interest in the NFL by casual fans last season. As far as I can tell, it created a buzz among people that previously had no interest in the NFL, and a huge ratings bonanza at the end of the season through the end of the playoffs.

The Pats are now the villians in an opera that we would prefer to not be part of, but have no choice. Move over Raiders, ther's a new most-hated-team in town.
  8. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

9. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Is it possible to get that smilie added to the "official" site smilies?
  10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I can't do it but it has been suggested to Ian to use that whenever someone types in Spygate.
  11. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 5 / -1

Th good news that the media has gotten sick of Spygate themselves is that no one ran with the NYT's clarification of Specter's comments. Not even ESPN or Profootball Talk.

I read the PFW article up to the point I saw Chris Collinsworth quoted heavily. Why not quote Gregg Easterbrook, Peter King, and everyone else who have gone off the deep end to bash the Patriots. I didn't bother reading the rest.
  12. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

right.....well that is what gets to me the most, the unfair coverage. some fans read this trash and take it as fact, and actually think that the patriots did need the camera to win the sb. i even heard someone on local radio imply that it was BB fault that the boston hearlod had that story come out on feb 2. like somehow BB has any control over a BS story printed about him and the team. Blast him for the camera if you want, but to imply that his actions with the camera are to blame for a BS story is just f------ stupid. amazing how some people in the media will defend one of their own no matter how wrong the media is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.