Welcome to PatsFans.com

I hate Rick Santorum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFan24, Mar 5, 2012.

1. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A few months ago I would have said Newt would be the worst person to be voted President in 2012. However now I think Santorum is just as bad. Maybe even worse. Another war mongering chicken hawk. He wants to make laws based on his faith. He even came out and said there should not be a separation of Church and State! On abortion, I agree it should not be a legal form of birth control, but he wants to ban it in the cases of rape and even the mothers life. He also wants to ban all BC pills. The man is a freaking lunatic. Is it true that he came out and said a rape baby is a gift? Also, he does not want taxes for public schools. Just another way for the rich to keep down the poor. Can you even imagine how dumb this country would be if everyone who couldn't afford to send their kids to private school could not go to school at all? We would be f----- beyond words. Instead he should be focused on improving public schools, not getting rid of them. Oh, and he does not want people to go to college. The guy has to be the weakest person to run for President who has ever gotten this far. What a disaster.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

His exact words:

Santorum To Rape Victims: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation' | ThinkProgress
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I love when evangelicals who pull down 900k/year talk about things related to Jesus and such.

Any religious person spewing their faith on you that HASN'T given up all of their posessions is a complete dikhed.

"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

-Jesus

http://www.blogcdn.com/realestate.aol.com/blog/media/2012/01/santorum-home.jpg

Santorum: ‘Higher-income people don’t have to pay taxes’ | The Raw Story

Santorum's salary soared after Senate - USATODAY.com

'nuff said
  4. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

The fact that he is still even in the discussion this late in the game speaks volumes to me.

I can fully accept (and enjoy) people of different political persuasions. There are many a posters on this site whom I don't agree with, but respect their right to their opinion, and I think many would say the same about me.

But the idea that this guy could even sniff a Republican nomination let alone be in the final 2 is just absurd to me not to mention a little scary. The idea that in America there are enough people who feel like Rick does and want their country run the way he would run it does frighten me quite a bit.

Rest assured though PF24 - he wont be President. Even if he somehow takes the nomination, Obama would clean the floor with him.
  5. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Agreed. He has no chance against Obama.
  6. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I think I'm on record here saying it would be a little less lopsided than FDR's win in 36' and RR in 84'. Rick might win 10 states....
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I would like to see Michael Moore rape Santorums wife and knock her up and give the ass hole his little fat "Gift"

Reminds me of another ungodly practice I don't know if it is still being practiced, that is "if a women was raped by some scum bag she didn't have the right to know if the raper had HIV, do they still do that, I bet The Mrs could find out.

Don't worry about Santorum he is destroying himself.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

What it comes down to, Drewski, is that Santorum's primary success says volumes about the Republican Party in 2012.

There is no getting around that for them. It's all taking place in full view of the nation and that is giving the GOP leaders fits.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Really? And I would like to see you banned for life from PatsFan for being so ignorant as to openly and disgustingly wish rape on anyone.

I bet it'd be a cold day in he!! before she'd do anything of the sort for you.

Familiar feeling, Harry? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?
  10. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I mostly agree with you Shmessy...but I do think there are many Republicans, who would ID themselves as "Moderate Republicans" who want nothing to do with this guy.

Santorum "speaks" for the Ultra Right - Lets turn America into a country where Christian beliefs are set as law.

I don't think all Republicans share that view. Do you?

Unfortunately the Religious Right has co-opted the Republican party. Whats that line - "This isn't your grandfather's Republican Party."
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I'll retract and apologize for that, his wife isn't to blame, I will now reword it "I would like to see Mike Tyson Rape Santorum, that would give him his little gift"
  12. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I think you missed the point Sir.
  13. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Still voting for: A.B.O., no matter who it is.
  14. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +423 / 6 / -7

Why?

15. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

More than 60% of that party can't stomach Romney and are desperately looking for a more "severe" conservative to back.

When you have incredibly expiration-dated retreads like Santorum and Gingrich (Santorum and Gingrich for crying out loud!!!! - - where not talking Mitch Daniels or Chris Christie here!!!) giving the standard-bearer this tough a fight in the primaries, it's an objective signal that "Moderate" is a dirty word in GOP land.

If either Santorum or Gingrich dropped out yesterday, the survivor would easily beat Romney in most of the Super Tuesday primaries.
  16. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Maybe I am just delusional :) - not that you implied anything, those are my words.

This exchange is very similar to the one JackBauer and I had about "the base". It does say a lot that My Pet Newt and Santorum have maintained a following this long. Maybe the Republican Party of my lifetime truly is the party of the Religious Right. I'd like to think that Moderate Republicans can retake some of the lead from that side of the aisle, then again maybe that is a pipe dream.

Part of me wants to believe it is because Romney isn't a candidate people can get behind. Part of me wants to believe that it is because only staunch party line followers can vote in state primaries (as I said in the Insta-FlipFlop thread I know in MA when I registered to vote, by registering as an Independent, I can't vote in Primaries, maybe other states are similar). I just have a hard time believing that the majority of Republicans care about the issues the base sells as most important; BC, Gay Marriage, War on Drugs, basically the "we want small gov except where it comes to what we judge as immoral" types.

I guess I can hold out hope that a viable third party (or even forth or fifth) could come around. Because these choices between Jesus and the left sorta leave me out in the cold - so to speak :)
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Romney is taking the Catholic vote. That says as much about Santorum as it does the Catholic church. Stated by a church going Catholic.
  18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Hate is a strong word ... Santorum the politician does not interest me in the least. He's entitled to his opinions but i think his policies would be wrong for the country ... so go away Rick ... do not pass go and do not collect $200.
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Being the god fearing christian man Ricky is, I'm sure he'd gladly donate that $200 to the poor.

(insert internet sarcasm face here)
  20. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He would win in SC, Georgia, probably the Dakotas and a few others.