Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
They are reporting:
"John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have restructured the contract of RB Corey Dillon, dropping his 2006 salary from $3 million to $710,000. According to agent Steve Feldman, the team recently picked up a $3 million option bonus, guaranteeing that Dillon makes $6 million this year. The Patriots likely transformed Dillon's $3 million salary into a signing bonus and spread the cap hit over the final three years of his deal, saving $1.7 million off this year's cap."

Well, John Tomase in his blog
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

noted that I was the 1st person to notice that Dillon redid his deal. -"In salary cap news, according to NFLPA documents (and first noted at Patsfans.com), the Patriots have restructured the contract of running back Corey Dillon, dropping his 2006 salary from $3 million to $710,000. According to agent Steve Feldman, they recently picked up a $3 million option bonus, guaranteeing that Dillon makes $6 million this year. The Patriots likely transformed Dillon’s $3 million salary into a signing bonus and spread the cap hit over the final three years of his deal, saving $1.7 million off this year’s cap."

Well, if Tomase was willing to give this site credit for the scoop, why not KFFL???

I love KFFL when it comes to getting quick information and seeing if the Pats have done anything that day but they tend to bend reality a little bit the way they report things.

Like when they mentioned that Gary Kubiak and other Texans officials were on hand at Vince Young's pro day workout. Well, Texas also had 16 other players working out that day, so it's not like they went just to see Young.

We still love you Miguel!! :)

Miguel said:
Well, if Tomase was willing to give this site credit for the scoop, why not KFFL???

Patsfans.com is not the mainstream media. You're a valuable asset to this site whether the blowhards recognize you or not.

Miguel said:

Miguel - Just speculating here because I don't know the whole story, nor do I want to, but wasn't there some incident that occured between the KFFL Message boards and the Patsfans.com message boards. Could it be bitterness from that?

Granted, its childish, but we get to see, daily, how childish people can be.

DaBruinz said:
Miguel - Just speculating here because I don't know the whole story, nor do I want to, but wasn't there some incident that occured between the KFFL Message boards and the Patsfans.com message boards. Could it be bitterness from that?
That got cleared up, it was a fake poster pretending to be the KFFL guy and Ian and KFFL got it cleared up.

KFFL still blows chunks though.

I've never been to the KFFL site. If they are going to disrespect Miguel then I 'm never going over there.

I saw Tomase on NEST the other night taking about the Adam situation. I said to myself , this guy is a big *******. But, he did give this site credit but he should have given Miguel the credit.

So, he's now a medium *******.

DaBruinz said:

Granted, its childish, but we get to see, daily, how childish people can be.
I stamp my foot at you and utter shrieks of outrage!

Miguel, what do you care if KFFL properly credits their sources? The real notoriety is when NFL Total Access sets of Patsfan.com cam for your weeky feature on capology!

PATSNUTme said:
I've never been to the KFFL site. If they are going to disrespect Miguel then I 'm never going over there.

I saw Tomase on NEST the other night taking about the Adam situation. I said to myself , this guy is a big *******. But, he did give this site credit but he should have given Miguel the credit.

So, he's now a medium *******.

I had the displeasure of having to read Tomase's poor journalism while living in New Hampshire and reading the Lawrence Eagle Tribune. I couldn't stand him then and can't stand him now. He's always been like that. Giving things a half-hearted effort.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I stamp my foot at you and utter shrieks of outrage!

Miguel, what do you care if KFFL properly credits their sources? The real notoriety is when NFL Total Access sets of Patsfan.com cam for your weeky feature on capology!

Honestly, Box, you just came up with a great idea. But, maybe it should be tried on a scaled down version 1st. Maybe Murphy can set it up that Miguel gets a 30 min show or something that he broadcasts over the internet and Miguel can field questions about the salary cap from an "educated" layman's point of view.

DaBruinz said:
Honestly, Box, you just came up with a great idea. But, maybe it should be tried on a scaled down version 1st. Maybe Murphy can set it up that Miguel gets a 30 min show or something that he broadcasts over the internet and Miguel can field questions about the salary cap from an "educated" layman's point of view.
Green eye shade visor pulled low, a desk stacked high with paper, and a lighting effect to cast his face in shadow. I believe prison stripes are appropriate attire for accountants on any occasion. Perhaps a ticker tape/kiron whatever across the bottom of the screen with the most current league cap figures.

The possibilities - a special March program with AdamJT13 or 1Adam12 to discuss compensation picks or street crime figures. A round table with hwc, Molewisrocks, and AJ. You can bring back Bsampson for an Andy Rooney minute.... :singing:

Miguel said:
They are reporting:
"John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have restructured the contract of RB Corey Dillon, dropping his 2006 salary from $3 million to $710,000. According to agent Steve Feldman, the team recently picked up a $3 million option bonus, guaranteeing that Dillon makes $6 million this year. The Patriots likely transformed Dillon's $3 million salary into a signing bonus and spread the cap hit over the final three years of his deal, saving $1.7 million off this year's cap."

Well, John Tomase in his blog
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

noted that I was the 1st person to notice that Dillon redid his deal. -"In salary cap news, according to NFLPA documents (and first noted at Patsfans.com), the Patriots have restructured the contract of running back Corey Dillon, dropping his 2006 salary from $3 million to $710,000. According to agent Steve Feldman, they recently picked up a $3 million option bonus, guaranteeing that Dillon makes $6 million this year. The Patriots likely transformed Dillon’s $3 million salary into a signing bonus and spread the cap hit over the final three years of his deal, saving $1.7 million off this year’s cap."

I think they should have..you are far away on top of things more than many many!! You need to get much more credit!!! KFFL s******

I really don't get what's so bad about KFFL. For what I use it for (just the Hot Wire) it gives a great real-time compilation of every sort of news imaginable, even down to the most obsolete of players.

kffl sucks... that's why no one gives them the cred they think they deserve... keep it up miguel.... you're one of the best... i stopped using kffl a long time ago... profootballtalk is MUCH better

Last edited:
Miguel from the Outside

I stumbled across your page way before I started posting here. I saw the link to this page, looked around, and said... yeah, cool, maybe I will stop in. But I have been pinging your cap page for a couple of years at least. It's addictive. I feel lucky that I don't have to wait for someone to do a column on cap figures halfway to training camp (never to mention it again,) breezing through the Pats' situation in a paragraph. I get to peek behind the curtain, at least to the extent you get it right - and you don't seem to be far off very often.

Keep up the good work,

PFnV

Well, if Tomase was willing to give this site credit for the scoop, why not KFFL???[/QUOTE]

* Even though your cap page is at Patsfans, it's not called Patsfans Cap Page, it's called Miguel's Cap Page off of Miguel's Pages. I don't see why the scribes that mention the page, can't mention Da Man who actually does da work. Miguel, I know a good lawyer -:)

Miguel, I have contacted KFFL regarding this issue.

Ian

PatsFanInVa said:
I stumbled across your page way before I started posting here. I saw the link to this page, looked around, and said... yeah, cool, maybe I will stop in.
Exactly how I got here as well. PatsCap introduced me to PatsFans. :) (so blame Miguel)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Exactly how I got here as well. PatsCap introduced me to PatsFans. :) (so blame Miguel)
:enranged: Miguel!

I don't post on KFFL but some of the posters are pretty good.

I use to post there all the time, some great people there but this board is just better, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back