PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hate how the season is flying by...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
God football always flys by :( Why cant it last forever!

Yeah it does. Spring is always much slower for me in school because of it. Easier to juggle classes without an addiction to watching college football, as well as pro games. Heck I even watched SF@ARI. I'll watch any football:rolleyes:

The NFL is the shortest season of the major sports unfortunately. But that's the nature of it. :(

The only saving grace for me personally is the NHL playoffs after February. There is some great hockey in the spring.

But yeah, it seems like that Jets loss wasn't that long ago....time flys!

I agree; another thread in regards to the likelihood of the winner of this game winning the division made me realize that there are just four regular season games left after the Jets game. In other words after this next game the regular season is 75% over.

Seems like the season is flying by. Of course last season's loss to the Ravens made the wait for the season to begin seem to take forever, in comparison.

NBA playoffs and the summer makes the offseason a little bit better. As for a longer season, have no fear. By the sounds of things, it appears as if the NFL is planning on lengthening the season by a few games.

I agree man, It definitely does fly by but the best games are yet to come. We've seen this team grow and have gotten to see who is who in 2010. The true race for the super bowl has just begun, and what will probably be the most exciting and important game of the regular season is going to air this Monday night. No reason to feel down about with all of the great games to be played just around the corner. Eight Games to go!:singing::singing::singing:

While I lament the shortness of the NFL season, I don't like the 18 game idea. In any event, we're almost 3/4 of the way and then playoffs and then Super Bowl and then waiting for the draft. It's too bad, but at least the NHL will be there to comfort me. Well, until the Rangers clinch the #8 seed and get swept in the first round.

I have college hoops to soften the blow of the loss of football. But I think the season is going by slow. I can't believe there are still 5 games left.

I have college hoops to soften the blow of the loss of football. But I think the season is going by slow. I can't believe there are still 5 games left.

Slow? How? It seems like it was only 3 weeks ago that the Pats were opening up with the Bengals

While I lament the shortness of the NFL season, I don't like the 18 game idea.
How come? On a purely consumer level, we should want them to extend the season as long as they possibly can. Just means more football to watch.

Slow? How? It seems like it was only 3 weeks ago that the Pats were opening up with the Bengals

I don't know. It just feels like the weeks in between take forever to go by.

How come? On a purely consumer level, we should want them to extend the season as long as they possibly can. Just means more football to watch.

I suppose, but as a fan, I'd hate to see more wear and tear on the players; shortening careers (and "dynasties"), further disrupting team chemistry, and the like. This isn't even getting into what the playoffs would look like with more and more 2nd stringers. Then again, the league can sissify the game and reduce injuries that way? :confused2:

Oh, and no one will ever have a perfect season when it will take 21 wins to get there, as opposed to Miami's relatively paltry 17 wins. I'm sure Mercury will live to be 130 to remind us all of that.

Last edited:
I don't know. It just feels like the weeks in between take forever to go by.

Maybe you are a baseball fan then, because they play almost everyday

And to think there are people who actually oppose making the season a couple weeks longer.

Yes, they are called knowledgeable football fans. Perhaps someday you will earn a place amongst them.

How about how fast the year has gone? When I changed my Pats calendar yesterday, I couldn't believe it was December already? Any way of making the next 4 days fly by? :D

And to think there are people who actually oppose making the season a couple weeks longer.

Count me in that group. What's the point of seeing more football if more than half your favorite players are all injured? :(

actually, time pretty much goes by at the same speed wether football is on or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back