Welcome to PatsFans.com

I guess I should not have told him..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Feb 2, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

These are bad times for the "Neo Lib Neo Dems", they are in a "self destructing meltdown mode" when Uncle Teddy or Fonda Kerry open their mouths in public they send the democrats further down the toilet.

Also, "Nancy Pelsoi" when she gives her "Phony Grin" in front of the cameras she makes the public GAG. :rocker:

The chickens are coming home to roost.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, I don't know how you think you have the pulse of the people. You have no idea how the population-at-large feels about anything - from the sound of your disconjointed babble, you haven't left your house in 20 years.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

As I've said before, liberalism is largely intact. Women's rights, civil rights, gay rights, Superfund, OSHA, separation of church and state, abortion, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. etc. have gotten somewhat worse since Reagan, but all those things are largely intact. This is just a passing phase. It may last a couple more years, may last longer, but if anyone jumps out the window, it will likely be those righties who bet on Bush only to discover when his term is up how little he really accomplished, even by their own measure.
  5. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Please tell me how "womans rights" have suffered under the republicans?
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

Women's rights has survived; that was my point. The righties fought it in the 70s and lost, and have since largely backed down. As they stock the courts with more right-wingers, though, I wonder if we'll return to the era when judges would give rapists light sentences if they were "provoked" by scantily clad women or if they'll make it more difficult for women to prove harassment or discrimination. Clearly righties want the government to assert control over women's bodies in the case of abortion.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

All you have to do is every time Patters uses the word woman or civil just substitute it with "gay" because that what he really means.

He knows that it is liberal judges who give rapists and other criminals "second" chances. It is the liberal ACLU who defends people like NAMBLA.
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Damn right. Don't do anything objectionble (under the doctrine of two wrongs make a right) that makes it easy to defend NAMBLA and nobody will bother.
  9. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hmm. I can find some language on "rights" in the constitution, but not the other stuff. Must be in hidden text. :D
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

Gee, PFIEL, you think you know a lot about me, but you don't know jack s--t, and you certainly don't understand the issue of civil rights, and you obviously don't understand what the ACLU does and why it has some prominent conservative allies.

The ACLU fights for free speech, whether you're Nazi, believe in child love, support commmunism, are a KKK member -- it doesn't matter. The ACLU believes our Constitution protects the right to free speech no matter who you are. I don't belong to the ACLU, but I basically agree with them.

Now as far as your claim that by women's rights and civil rights, I mean gay rights, you are just being trashy with that comment. My views are consistent, and I supported civil rights well before gay rights was really talked about much (except by a handful of brave people).
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

Billy Blue Dress and Uncle Teddy, now there's a couple of champions of womens rights for you. :rocker:

Blub, blub, gag, "Oh Teddy, please come back" gurgle blub blub, "oh Teddy save me"

"Mr President, STOP THAT, what are you doing", "HELP HELP RAPE" :bricks:
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What is this, your version of erotica? Does it turn you on?
  13. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL---how true!
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

PFIEL,
    That post makes me think you have your head up your arse. Was that your intent? Do you equate rapists and pedophiles with gay people? If you do, then you're really as retahdid as your post suggests.

Does the phrase "Live and let live" only apply to alleged heterosexuals like yourself?
  15. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +338 / 13 / -25

#15 Jersey

Dead on ,wistah. The ignorance is overwhelming at times. The righties are so anti-anyone not white male protestant you can't help but think they are gender and racially intolerant.
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Since when did homosexuals become a gender or race? Black people and women have been discriminated against in the past and it was wrong and I recognize that it happened, but when did being gay become a civil right? I think you what the reaction of black people would be by comparing what happened to them to "gay" rights.
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

No, yes, no, yes.
  18. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Just for the record, are you equating homosexuality with paedophilia? May I suggest that you offer an apology to the gay members of the board? I'm not one for reporting bad posts, but this one crosses the line of what is acceptable.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Have someone read the Constitution to you and make sure they change the big words int small ones for you so you understand it. Get back to us when you find the part in the bill of rights that say "...everyone except homosexuals are entitled to these rights...".

This is still a free country. Quit worrying about "gay rights" so much and spend more time worrying about your own. You're wasting your energy. the terms"gay rights" and "women's rights" and "minority rights" are BS - I'll give you that, but they're all the same as they are covered under the Constitution and our society's tolerance of anybody's lifestyle as long as they don't hurt other people's rights.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

PFIEL, civil rights is something that minorities fight for and majorities resist. It took blacks and women close to 200 years to win equal protection and rights under the law. Your kind will always exist and, in the long run, always lose. I have no doubt that if you were born 50 years earlier, you would have been against women's rights and civil rights. I suspect in many ways you still oppose those things -- you want government to be able to control a women's right over her own body.

As far as equating gays with pedophiles, that's plain ignorant. Pedophilia, like rape, is about control. A quick web search turned up this:

"Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as 'fixated;' 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that 'in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women....There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males...'

"Other researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in only 2 of the 269 cases in which an adult molester could be identified – fewer than 1% (Jenny et al., 1994)."

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html