Welcome to PatsFans.com

I Guess I Am An "Enemy" Of America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As if there was any doubt Obama was the most divisive President ever, he only reinforces that belief more and more. Now people that oppose his policies on immigration are "enemies" - although he is already backing down from that comment.

Didn't Hitler used to say the same things about German citizens who opposed Nazi policies?

Obama seeks to blunt Republican attack over comment | Reuters

He was backtracking from a comment he made a week ago in an interview with Univision radio in which he sought to persuade Hispanics to vote for Democratic candidates instead of Republicans.

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of, 'we're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder," Obama had said.
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

Did he say enemy of America or enemy of the Dems? He shouldn't have said either, but they are different and the former would be far worse.

That said, I don't have sympathy for those on the right who did in fact portray those who opposed Bush and his policies as traitors -- i.e., the worst kind of enemies of America.

Oh, and there's plenty of doubt re the "most divisive" President. I don't know how to measure that, but I'd say to look back 2 years, and plenty of people would agree.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he said "punish our enemies" without being specific of its intent, but the inference was there.

Obama is extremely devisive. So was Bush. This country is getting torn apart and the divide grows daily.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, but did Bush himself refer to American citizens who opposed his policies as "enemies"? I'm not talking about what some anonymous blogger may have said, I am talking about the President himself. Obviously Bush referred to terrorists as enemies, but did he ever call a large segment of the U.S. population enemies? No? Then your strawman and your attempt at deflection is epic fail.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +883 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Do you wear a towel on your head Wolf?

[​IMG]
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

It was neither a strawman nor a deflection.

I agreed he shouldn't have said it, and I made no claims about Bush.
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I guarantee you will see that quote gain, two years from now as part of a Republican ad when he runs for reelection and many Democrats will cringe and ask, " what were you thinking?"
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Unfortunately what he says is true, many folks have gotten so partisan that they view themselves as an enemy of the state... so when they are labeled such, they doth protest...

The reality of this whole affair started when the head of the Right Wing Party, Rush Limbaugh, set the tone and said that he hoped that Obama would fail.. despite what that failure may mean for this country.

So the right took this as their marching orders, as all good lemmings do, and have sabotaged every effort along the way.. Yesterday McConnell said his goal for the next two years is to do everything not to get Obama elected in '12.. while people rail about how polarizing Obama is, it takes two folks to enter into this political debacle..

So the tone has been set, instead of trying to do what is right for this country, the agenda is clear do anything they can do to avoid Obama from getting elected.. never mind trying to focus on what they can do to make America a better place.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +437 / 6 / -9

Actually, he was speaking to Hispanic Americans, and he was talking about their political enemies.

He apologized and said he should have said "opponents." I agree, it was a poor word choice. But when you guys say you should be standing outside ERs and demanding papers from a guy dying from loss of blood in a car wreck? Yeah, if you wanted me to die for your ideology, I'd say you're my enemy. Someone that wants you to die is your enemy.

PFnV
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ohhhhhhhhh..... so he told one group of Americans that another group of Americans are their "enemies."

Yeah, that's so much better now that you've explained it. :rolleyes:
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 2 / -9

He's a disgusting conceited arrogant bastard whose ears look like ping pong paddles.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 2 / -9

When I do that I am called "a racist, nazi bigot"