Welcome to PatsFans.com

I guess getting banned isn't permanent

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by apple strudel, Sep 24, 2010.

1. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Weird, but I'm back b1tches. Look out PF13! :cool:
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

you're back as well you should be ... now get posting. :yeeha:
  3. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm doing my best, but I think that everybody is asleep. I'd think at least Harry would be up.
  4. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bring back Obi-Qui!
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +778 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Harry operates on chicken and rooster time ... he'll be back around sun up EST.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Welcome back to the wacky world of the Political Forum.. hopefully PF 13 is not having another mood swing..
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

Funny how Titus stopped by for the first time in a long time the same night of your return.

2 peas in a pod....:rolleyes:

a couple of beaut's you 2 are!:D

Now get back to criticizing your country!!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism..

INOW the right wants everybody to agree; so they can blindly lead us to another war so the merchants of death or the spoilers of the environment can continue to rape this great country...

Lemmings just follow along, regurgitate the half truths and lies of the right, and do not question, Rushbo is proud of his little Drudgies..dittoheads are very cool :rocker::rocker::rocker:
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

Darryl, you are such a little boy!

Darryls favorite words: Dittoheads, lemmings, drudgies, neocons, ad infinitum & nausea.

The word patriotism relative to you or Strudel is an oxymoron.

You poke fun at the right as if it may bother me even though I've never been on "the right"...you make me laugh my arse off every time you do it you silly little boy!

Now, go back to watching your cartoons you silly little boy!:singing:
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

And you can say what you just did with a straight face... introspection is good for the soul, except for the extreme rightwing nuts who are always correct....

BTW you obviously have joined the dumber than a rock crew, as patriotism cannot be an oxymoron as you need conjoining contradictory term, not a stand alone one.. but go back to the right wing playbook, there will be some other term you do not understand, but makes sense in the mind of the right..
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

True but somebody forgot to tell the left. Dare to question the liberal orthodoxy and they'll send the SEIU thugs after you......That was the playbook during the health care debate and during townhall meetings.
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

And the playbook of the right is to breakdown the separation of the church and state, disallow any political signs that the right wing masturbotorium gatherings, and lie to the american people to make the merchants of death happy...

BTW the SEIU is primarily made up of working women & women; the cleaners, secretaries, kitchen workers and people who do the dirty work in society.. but the playbook of the right is to take something that makes no sense "thugs of seiu", repeat it often enough to make it believable..

If memory serves me correctly the right was a tad agressive during those town meetings... but who cares about memory, right wing half truths are sufficient...
  13. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

People have worked w/SEIU representation for decades... but the right wing just now decided they're evil... ACORN organized for decades... but the right wing just went after them since this last election... anybody see a pattern?

You guys never heard of either organization until very recently, and now have them accorded this very special place in your hearts... all based on your drudge/rush wack-radio campaigns.

What's really funny is how damned easy it is to get a sizable chunk of the populace to hate anybody who isn't wealthy... all the while crying the blues about how 250K/year isn't really rich anymore, and people making more than that are already overtaxed (at the lowest tax rates they've ever been subjected to.)

Oh and by the way, the deficit's too high, the debt's too high, so what we need to do is slash the bad evil gubmit's income... so that the debt and the deficit will be higher. Freakin geniuses.

Oh put your busy little fingers back down, and get that jerking knee under control. Don't even bother with "spending is the problem."

A failing company can't just cut all their prices continually for decades, undercutting every other company out there, bleating "costs are the problem!" and making shoddier and shoddier products. You may get a few successful discounters, but someone has to do the math. We're the company that's spend decades having sale on top of sale in this analogy, with the lowest prices for our services out there, and a cut-rate menu of services compared with the "other stores"... and we just borrow to pay for the services already, because our price points are so low.

Now your business plan is to cut the services, but the problem is you've already borrowed the money. Add to that, that the "company" would never have been allowed to borrow to this extent, if it weren't a government.

You borrowed the money to make the product's price-point low, because you've replaced Uncle Sam with Crazy Eddie - you've conflated "freedom" with "free services." You know as well as I do that this nation has a web of modern services, like other modern states have, that cost actual money to provide. And yet you continually bleat slogans about terrible terrible taxation... and not even because you personally benefit from the "Help the rich" policies, but because you're the pawns of those who do benefit.

We're a rich country (still.) Stop trying to make us a third-world sh1thole and leave the big-boy stuff to guys that can actually do math.

The average American made more before the Bush tax cuts than in 2008. The number is in, the verdict is in. Stop with the meaningless wealth transfer to the rich, stop complaining about necessary services, stop crying, start thinking. You want to live in a Mel Gibson flick about the 18th century? Go to somewhere mired in the 18th century. 21st century America ain't, and I have no intention of slipping to that standard if I can possibly help it.

Oh yeah I forgot. What's wrong with this country is there's a union whose name you actually learned, and there was (until recently) a community activist organization that some college punk pranked.

PFnV
  14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I guess it is the vids from townhall meetings where they are acting as thugs and beating people up.
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

I saw about 100 vids of teabaggers (their word, not mine, don't even bother,) shouting down anyone else of different opinions, for any vid of "SEIU thugs" blah blah blah. But of course, those are vids of "We the People" being thugs so it's okay, right? Except it wasn't "we the people," it was a loud teabagger faction explicitly showing up to make the meetings circuses instead of discussion forums.

Obama was elected as a centrist and governs as a centrist, and for that matter, as a moderate in terms of temperament. He came out of an election where the two candidates competed in claiming they're better at working with the other party, then bent over backwards to attempt to bring Republican points of view into his legislation, in this ridiculous quest for the vote of a couple of remaining moderate Republicans.

Now we read the latest version of the GOP "Contract on America", and where they say they are going to repeal the health care bill, they want to replace it with.... drumroll... things that are already in the bill they want to repeal.

Should this surprise anybody? The Dems have been bending over backwards to include the Pubbies, and the Pubbies have spent 2 years insisting that if they can't govern, nobody can... oh by the way, if you try, you're "steamrolling" them... even with their own ideas.

We'll stumble through November, and we'll see the results. Either we'll have gridlock until '12, or we'll have more complaining by the reactionaries until '12.

It's a pretty significant time, either way, especially if we include the '12 election in this arc. Every few decades, the U.S. actually attempts to inch forward; such was the spirit of '08. We don't know as of today whether we're planning to impede that forward motion by throwing the national transmisssion into "R", or whether we'll continue it by staying in "D". (Loved that "ditch" image, by the way.) We'll know in a couple of months.

Then it'll be a question of whether, in 2 years, it's enough that people understand they can't be dropped for pre-existent conditions, or that it is better to be insured than uninsured, or that winding down one war and being at least on the way out of a second one is better than continual warfare for no perceptible gain. We'll see whether we're at the end of the long economic trough (that it seems we're beginning to get out of now.)

We'll see whether people get their heads around where that economic disaster came from.

Or we'll see people wrap their heads around the easy answer: Hey! I pay taxes! If I didn't I'd have more money!!!

I'm not sure it matters who is elected if the national mindset remains incapable of distinguishing between taxation -- which the government is explicitly empowered to do for the common good -- and taxation without representation, which is actually only a problem if you're a DC resident.

PFnV
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +778 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I hope he watches Sponge Bob like me ... Plankton rocks.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Always thought squidward was top dog...
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and we all just imagined those couple hundred union thugs descending on the house of some Bank of America guy, who wasn't even home at the time. I am sure they were very proud of themselves. Nothing says courage like 200+ adults all scaring the living hell out of some teenager home alone.

Their tactics are reprehensible and despicable. And anyone who would defend them is a complete sleazebag.
  19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

Damn right BoA's tactics are reprehensible and dethhhhspicable. But that's the financial sector for ya.

However, I'll stop short of your statement that anyone who defends them must be sleazebags - not because it's not true, mind you. But because, since others on the forum will and do support all manner of corporate largesse, that would be insulting another member.

So you are in fact, with this "anyone who disagrees with me is a ______" construction, are insulting other members.

Blatantly. Willingly. And only because your pet rightist mod only pings the left, and you know it.

Do your job, 13.

PFnV
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

What are you referring to ?