PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta tell ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

naclone

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
call me ****y, overconfident, homer or whatever -- and I'm not trying to jinx anything -- but if...IF...something were to happen to #12 in the pre-season, and let's say he was out 6-8 weeks...I wouldn't be that concerned.

Seriously.

I know everybody says that we are a deep team but the only player we couldn't afford to lose is Brady, but I think the depth we have elsewhere is enough.

Think about it. Some pretty brutal QBs have come into this league in relief of injured stars and won ball games. I think our defense is good enough and there are enough weapons on offense that we could go at least .500 over the time Brady was out. And we'd still have plenty of games to get right back to an elite level.

I'm not saying Cassel would be Brady to Brady's Bledsoe, but I really think we could manage.

If we lost Brady for the season or something, obviously that would change things, but I think we could weather a significant non-season-ending injury.

Thoughts?

I don't think they could manange because of the uncertainties in the running game. Marony is still unproven and maybe after two games those worries go away. But to lose your passing game and an unproven running game, I'd be real nervous.

I don't think they could manange because of the uncertainties in the running game. Marony is still unproven and maybe after two games those worries go away. But to lose your passing game and an unproven running game, I'd be real nervous.
Agreed. Our new strength is the receivers, and receivers aren't much without a good QB.

If #12 goes down i will be horribly depressed. We have backup QB that has done nothing. And the thought of Vinny T leading the Pats doesnt fill we with a warm glow.

call me ****y, overconfident, homer or whatever -- and I'm not trying to jinx anything -- but if...IF...something were to happen to #12 in the pre-season, and let's say he was out 6-8 weeks...I wouldn't be that concerned.
They're talented enough to go .500 if they lost Brady, so a stretch of 3-3 or 4-4 wouldn't exactly eliminate them from the playoffs - but it could hurt seeding.

However, I have little doubt that they need a healthy Tom Brady to win a championship.

Someone please get this person's IP address so if Brady does go down, we know where to find him! :violent:

They're talented enough to go .500 if they lost Brady, so a stretch of 3-3 or 4-4 wouldn't exactly eliminate them from the playoffs - but it could hurt seeding.

However, I have little doubt that they need a healthy Tom Brady to win a championship.

agreed.

my point is that we could remain competitive until brady got healthy.

not that we'll ever find out, obviously. ;)

Seriously.

I know everybody says that we are a deep team but the only player we couldn't afford to lose is Brady, but I think the depth we have elsewhere is enough.

Think about it. Some pretty brutal QBs have come into this league in relief of injured stars and won ball games. I think our defense is good enough and there are enough weapons on offense that we could go at least .500 over the time Brady was out. And we'd still have plenty of games to get right back to an elite level.

I'm not saying Cassel would be Brady to Brady's Bledsoe, but I really think we could manage.

If we lost Brady for the season or something, obviously that would change things, but I think we could weather a significant non-season-ending injury.

Thoughts?

Can we please STOP posting all these BS what if's about Brady "getting hurt" and what are we going to do???????......this is getting like the curse of the Bambino around here with this hypothetical BS......Let's talk about the here and now guys.....

I feel as good about the backup QB situation as one can with a future HOF starter.

I think you are dead wrong.

how's that?

Same here. If TB misses more than a couple games, they're screwed. We've seen how important playoff seeding is the past 2 yrs. Tom is the one guy that can and does put the team on his back when things are not going well. I think this was best illustrated the first half of the 2005 season, where the team probably would have been several games under .500 w/o TB.

The only possible exception to this I can think of is if the D plays like it did in 2004 and LoMo turns into a young Jim Brown.

Let's just friggin' pray we never find out.

last year Joey Harrington went 5-4, Huard went 6-4, Romo went 6-5, Gerrard went 5-5. None of those teams had nearly the talent the 2007 Pats do. You could make a case for Dallas, I guess.

Look, I want to have Brady's babies as much as anybody else on this board. All I'm saying is that this team is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots