Welcome to PatsFans.com

I gotta tell ya...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by naclone, Aug 10, 2007.

1. naclone

naclone Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

call me ****y, overconfident, homer or whatever -- and I'm not trying to jinx anything -- but if...IF...something were to happen to #12 in the pre-season, and let's say he was out 6-8 weeks...I wouldn't be that concerned.

Seriously.

I know everybody says that we are a deep team but the only player we couldn't afford to lose is Brady, but I think the depth we have elsewhere is enough.

Think about it. Some pretty brutal QBs have come into this league in relief of injured stars and won ball games. I think our defense is good enough and there are enough weapons on offense that we could go at least .500 over the time Brady was out. And we'd still have plenty of games to get right back to an elite level.

I'm not saying Cassel would be Brady to Brady's Bledsoe, but I really think we could manage.

If we lost Brady for the season or something, obviously that would change things, but I think we could weather a significant non-season-ending injury.

Thoughts?

2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I don't think they could manange because of the uncertainties in the running game. Marony is still unproven and maybe after two games those worries go away. But to lose your passing game and an unproven running game, I'd be real nervous.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Agreed. Our new strength is the receivers, and receivers aren't much without a good QB.

4. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If #12 goes down i will be horribly depressed. We have backup QB that has done nothing. And the thought of Vinny T leading the Pats doesnt fill we with a warm glow.

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They're talented enough to go .500 if they lost Brady, so a stretch of 3-3 or 4-4 wouldn't exactly eliminate them from the playoffs - but it could hurt seeding.

However, I have little doubt that they need a healthy Tom Brady to win a championship.

6. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Someone please get this person's IP address so if Brady does go down, we know where to find him! :violent:

7. naclone

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

agreed.

my point is that we could remain competitive until brady got healthy.

not that we'll ever find out, obviously. ;)

8. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +103 / 32 / -23

#12 Jersey

Can we please STOP posting all these BS what if's about Brady "getting hurt" and what are we going to do???????......this is getting like the curse of the Bambino around here with this hypothetical BS......Let's talk about the here and now guys.....

9. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I feel as good about the backup QB situation as one can with a future HOF starter.

10. naclone

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think that right now this team is good enough to stay afloat without brady.

how's that?

11. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think you are dead wrong.

how's that?

12. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Same here. If TB misses more than a couple games, they're screwed. We've seen how important playoff seeding is the past 2 yrs. Tom is the one guy that can and does put the team on his back when things are not going well. I think this was best illustrated the first half of the 2005 season, where the team probably would have been several games under .500 w/o TB.

The only possible exception to this I can think of is if the D plays like it did in 2004 and LoMo turns into a young Jim Brown.

Let's just friggin' pray we never find out.

13. naclone

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

last year Joey Harrington went 5-4, Huard went 6-4, Romo went 6-5, Gerrard went 5-5. None of those teams had nearly the talent the 2007 Pats do. You could make a case for Dallas, I guess.

Look, I want to have Brady's babies as much as anybody else on this board. All I'm saying is that this team is loaded.