PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say it

It's amazing how many so called fans don't get the concept of what being a fan is and what these message boards are all about. :rolleyes:

there's a big difference between rational, reality based discussion and "this team sucks"......i've seen a lot more of the latter all over the place lately.....and the boston media does a lot to fuel the nonsense

Alot of people will remember Samuel for letting the ball go through his hands in the 2007 SB. But in reality, he was an exceptional cover man here overall.

I also remember him failing to, you know, cover his man (David Tyree) on what is probably the most famous single play in the history of the Super Bowl.

Whining about fans whining is being pure hypocritical,just S.T.F.U. and deal with it....fans have a right to be critical about things and have every right to express their opinion even if we all know Belichick could care less what we think.

Saying to trade Brady when he throws 2 picks in a game is indeed going overboard and should not be posted and kept inside your cranium,but to say the team in a win has not impressed is a valid point of view and that is exactly what transpired yesterday.

So you are the arbiter of what should and shouldn't be posted?
What is hypocritical is saying everyone has a right to express their opinion as a way to tell someone to STFU. Do you not see the irony?

what a spoiled fan base

yeah, this team is underwhelming my pre-season expectations, especially on offense...but i'll blame that on an evolving offense and some injuries.....the running game excites me, and we'll see where they are in december, when it matters

the defense is more or less what i knew it was......great LB's, stout against the run, super, super young and needing to gain experience....this is especially evident in the secondary, and i think a key injury to gregory is compounding that.....most of the errors we are seeing are due to bad reads/coverage breakdowns in the zone/combo coverage.......but that being said, they are making plays, they are putting the team in position to win, which is what i expected.....better than last year, young, improving, but still with flaws, mostly due to age/inexperience

but what a (collective, not all) bunch of whiners we are......16-0 was the worst thing to happen to this team

we are still watching one of the games all-time greats, some incredible young emerging talent (gronk, ahern, spikes, hightower, jones), are still the best run organization in the game, and, based on what we've seen, still in position to evolve into one of the games elite by december, when it counts
Brady appears to believe you're on to something here. This morning on WEEI he suggested that perhaps he and the Pats "have spoiled some people."

I also remember him failing to, you know, cover his man (David Tyree) on what is probably the most famous single play in the history of the Super Bowl.

It's funny how different people recall the not so distant past. If Asante was the fantastic cover man (whatever that is supposed to mean) the poster recalls Bill would have done more to retain him. Asante was a decent albeit cement handed zone corner who generally managed to be in place on Rodney's watch on a veteran savvy team to make a play on the ball or the receiver. Was an impediment in defending the running game. In 2005 he was abyssmal in Rodney's absence and in 2006 he lost his job in camp to EHIII. Until Hobbs broke his wrist and had to outplay him in coverage for most of the season manning the RCB position. Asante the ball hawk, who spent the 2006 off season training at home, finally mastered the fine art of catching the damn ball and coupled with the opportunity of playing against the likes of Culpepper and Grossman managed to corral 10 picks (5 courtesty of the aforementioned duo) and vault his profile all the way to the pro bowl. The Eagles, great talent and character judges that they are, found out who he is after he cost the Patriots a ring the following season. Belichick knew who he was and how it held the potential to burn even your best scheming.

He remains the same player now in Atlanta. Luckily for them their offense is clicking and they can survive the corner who still givith and taketh away often in the span of a half of football. For now. Not sure how well that would work here now, or how fond the fanbase's recollection of his play would be had he remained past the days of Rodney Harrison managing the backend of the defense and covering for a multitude of sins.

Brady appears to believe you're on to something here. This morning on WEEI he suggested that perhaps he and the Pats "have spoiled some people."

The sad reality is that a couple of them may even be on his coaching staff...

The sad reality is that a couple of them may even be on his coaching staff...

Perhaps, and I am positive that more than a couple of them are media members, as well.

Another thread whining about fans?

Seriously, you guys need to get over it and just root for the team you love. It's already been established the fan base is full of spoiled near sighted doofs. Get the freak over it.

I'm not near-sighted.

Our success has spoiled people all around the NFL.

Jets fans are saying that the Pats are "nothing special" and that a good Patriots team would have won in a rout.

So, hmmm...

the team you just beat, the team that needed a late kickoff fumble to get them set up to have a chance to win, is laughing because the team that won the game is not as invincible as they expected them to be? Strange indeed.

He also stated prior to this game that the Pats were playing at a level indicative of their record, which would be mediocre.

Our success has spoiled people all around the NFL.

Jets fans are saying that the Pats are "nothing special" and that a good Patriots team would have won in a rout.

So, hmmm...

the team you just beat, the team that needed a late kickoff fumble to get them set up to have a chance to win, is laughing because the team that won the game is not as invincible as they expected them to be? Strange indeed.

It's crazy how a successful team with high expectations coming into the year is now getting criticized for not playing as well as they could be.

No, but you're a lousy judge of college hoops

;)

GO DUKE!

Off-topic: Have you seen the ESPN 30 for 30 film about the original rules of basketball "No Place Like Home" yet? Classic. Not a lot of love for the Dookies.

Off-topic: Have you seen the ESPN 30 for 30 film about the original rules of basketball "No Place Like Home" yet? Classic. Not a lot of love for the Dookies.

I have...it was very well done. But Duke did make Booth run up the price for the rules to $3.8MM. Yes its chump change for him but still. Poor Duke always gets vilified.

The OP has a point.

Look, I am critical of the team at times, you should hear me during a game. But I don't post on the message board during the game and give myself a 1/2 hour time out after a loss before I come on the board.

But there does seem to be a percentage of unrealistic fans and knee jerk posters who go way over the top. Some sound very spoiled and have the what have you done for me today type of attitude. Maybe they don't intend to b that way but it comes off that way.

I also think that some are wrapped up in the sports media too much. Before the game, I had the TV on CSN and the pregame show- the predictions given were just outlandish- those things drive up expectations.

My wife, who hates the Jets as much as me, said this should be a cake walk after hearing those prediction, and by Ty Law and Troy Brown who should know better.

I told her that those predictions were absurd adn any NFL game can be close or an upset. so, a win is a win. this team does have issues and if they are not corrected, then they probably won't go very far. Everyone know them so why beat them to death?

These posts are always the worst after a loss or a close win. So, let me get this straight. The fanbase is "spoiled" because there is a large percentage of people who want to see this team improve above the point of a mediocre win against a bad team?

This

gtfo your high horse. Everything is not all sunshine and roses with this team, but God forbid anyone mentions it.

Last edited:
The OP has a point.

Look, I am critical of the team at times, you should hear me during a game. But I don't post on the message board during the game and give myself a 1/2 hour time out after a loss before I come on the board.

But there does seem to be a percentage of unrealistic fans and knee jerk posters who go way over the top. Some sound very spoiled and have the what have you done for me today type of attitude. Maybe they don't intend to b that way but it comes off that way.

I also think that some are wrapped up in the sports media too much. Before the game, I had the TV on CSN and the pregame show- the predictions given were just outlandish- those things drive up expectations.

My wife, who hates the Jets as much as me, said this should be a cake walk after hearing those prediction, and by Ty Law and Troy Brown who should know better.

I told her that those predictions were absurd adn any NFL game can be close or an upset. so, a win is a win. this team does have issues and if they are not corrected, then they probably won't go very far. Everyone know them so why beat them to death?

I was with you til that last last sentence. Everyone doesn't know them, as last week's decline of Brady threads underscore. And the frustrating thing for those of us who attempt to discuss them rationally is the coaching staff seems almost as oblivious to what they are at times as the kneejerk, media fueled, and malcontent poster contingent here.

I was with you til that last last sentence. Everyone doesn't know them, as last week's decline of Brady threads underscore. And the frustrating thing for those of us who attempt to discuss them rationally is the coaching staff seems almost as oblivious to what they are at times as the kneejerk, media fueled, and malcontent poster contingent here.
I'm a homer but there are a certain # of posters who cannot stand to see anything negative about the team. Then on the other side there are more of those who can't post anything that isn't negative. And there are others who go totally off the wall.

The lazy thing to do is to blame the OC's play calling, which at times can better, instead of the palyers execution of the plays that are called. The lazy thing to do is to call out a player as sucking instead of looking at the communication issues that are still are not corrected and have not since Rodney left.

It appears that replacing Rodney as QB of the DB's is much harder than many expected. Coaching is part of the problem, and I won't go into if they play better in Cover 2 or Cover 5. But the coaching needs to be discussed in the context of weather the players are being coached properly or are they just not communicating the way the should.

Last edited:
*deep sigh exhale*

I seem to remember The 49ers going thru this back in the day. Everyone was frustrated when the team lost, apathetic when they won a game they should. Seems to me to be a problem with expectations. Fans expect the Pats to play deep into January or February every year.

I do think that we, as Boston area fans, are not accustomed to long term excellence. Most of us were not around for the great Celtics teams of the Russell era, that literally won it all every year. The Red Sox were maddeningly frustrating until 2004 and 2007. The B's were consistent in the early 80's, but didn't win it all until recently. We haven't been exposed to long term excellence in these parts, unless you happen to be a Yankees fan. I have often thought that a percentage of those fans are more fans of winning than they are fans of baseball and or the franchise. Perhaps the same is true here?

It's all growing pains, in my opinion, as the franchise transitions from one that succeeds occasionally to one that is great, year in and year out. (Ex: Steelers, minus 1985-91). We, as fans, have to learn that each season has it's own bumps in the road, and we need to not take any wins for granted, especially division wins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey